Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2009 Ace Race Day Glo Mini Golf 10/24/09 Options
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:02:44 PM

Just to let people know:   if you can't make it to the Ace Race you can still purchase an Ace Race Pack of 2 Discraft discs, a hat and a mini for $25. You can do this online, by phone or at the shop. You will be able to pick up your Ace Race Pack after 10/24/09.
Tim Tim
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:31:38 PM

So if I REALLY enjoy the new acerace discs I can order 2 more? Cause I have a feeling I'm gonna love it =)
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:57:51 AM

Yes, anyone can order as many as they like. Even if you wouldn't even want to participate in the Ace Race, it is a great deal for 2 Discraft discs, a Discraft hat and Discraft mini for $25.
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 1:40:33 PM

I can take signups for the Ace Race Day Glow this weekend at the Pig. $25 for Ace Race, $20 for Day Glow.
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 3:29:43 PM

UPDATE ON BOONE WOODS:

I spoke with David Whitehouse of Boone County Parks today and yes, the rain did put them a little behind schedule this week, but the plans are to have teepads poured on Monday and Tuesday. the teepads need several days to cure and then baskets put in later in the week. With the weather forecast it looks as though this will be able to happen. If for some reason it won't they will pour some crushed gravel down for the teepads just for the weekend. But right now the plan is to have the teepads and baskets in next week.   I would say to those who want to play the course beforehand, give them a break and stay away until you hear they are finished. You would only make it more difficult if you do. We will all get to see it on Saturday at the latest, late Friday probably at the earliest.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 10:57:55 AM

10/19/09 - Just a reminder. Deadline to enter the Day Glow without a Late Fee is 10/22 - after that there is a late fee of $5 for a total of $25 for the Day Glow.  It is best if you pre-register for both events. It really helps with the planning and being ready the day of the event. Just remember this event is a whole lot of fun so see ya there.

Oh and if anyone has a mini basket they can bring let us know.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:16:28 AM

Update on the course - it's being worked on right now and I was told yesterday it will be complete. The good weather came at a good time for us.

Ok, any mini baskets out there? We could use a few more. We want to have as many holes as we can for the mini golf. I think we have about 6-8 right now. I have to check with Jeff.

Anyone out there seen Fishnet and Patty and know if they are coming? If you see them have them call me.
cubbies
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:11:44 AM

I'll bring a mini basket Dan.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:55:48 AM

If they have not already called, I know that Patty and Fishnet are planning on being there on Saturday. DAve has that Saturday off. WE are all looking forward to this. My first disc golf since May. I am just getting over being sick and this has definately encouraged me to get better.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:59:34 PM

Thanks Kindra. Glad you're feeling better and we'll see you on Saturday. That's what I wanted to know. Hank wasn't sure when I talked to him on Monday.

Thanks Gary for the mini basket. Anybody else out there got a mini basket we can use for the mini golf on Saturday.

Signups keep coming in at a pretty good rate now. going to be a great time.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:26:42 PM

Dan, totally forgot I have class until noon so I won't be able to make the Ace Race event but I'll be there for the day glo event, if you could, just set aside my ace race package and I'll get it later in the day.

Thanks-Drew
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 4:32:19 PM

No problem Drew. anyone who doesn't show for either event and have paid will get their players' pack. If anyone wants to get in on a good deal but can't make it, sign up and we'll have your pack waiting for you whenever you want to pick it up.

Also, a reminder for those who've been waiting - last day to sign up for the Day Glow without a $5 late fee is tomorrow 10/22/09. We will take signups for the Ace Race up to the time of the event. Come one - Come all!

The discs for the Day Glow came in - really sweet looking. The discs are Pro D Challengers, X Buzzz, ESP Force and Z Comets. For an extra $5 you can get a Dyed Z Stalker or a CryZtal Z Buzzz or CryZtal Z Challenger.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:38:22 PM

Ok, I've got the latest update that the course will be ready for Saturday. They will be putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow. Please do not get in anyone's way if you do go out there. They have and are working hard to get the course ready for our event on Saturday.

This is going to be really exciting. We get to have the inaugural event on the course first thing. If anyone wants to be a tee-sign sponsor let me know. David Whitehouse, Parks Director of Boone Co. is going to have some info on the sponsor specifics.

Again, if anybody has a mini basket bring it on Saturday.

After today, there will be a late fee for the Day Glow part of the event.

No late fee for Ace Race - regular signups up until registration ends 9:30 Saturday morning.
cubbies
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:03:11 PM

I'm interested in being a hole sponsor
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:46:14 PM

thanks Gary.

I just realized I don't have a scoreboard. Does anybody have one of the scoreboards?
andersab
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 7:48:43 AM

I have them !!! I'll bring them
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:38:20 AM

Thanks Brad. That's a relief.
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 9:22:19 AM

10/23/09 - The course is in! this includes a practice basket. They are all Innova Discatchers, so you can see the bright yellow band from a distance. All the teepads are poured, some just poured yesterday. Thanks so much to David Whitehouse and his crew for all the hard work they put in this week just to get this course in for us so we could have our events on Saturday. This is going to be awesome.   The course is a completely different layout from the previous one. It still remains a beginner friendly course which is definitely something we need, but it also has some really fun holes that will challenge you. The newer wooded section holes are shorter than what I had envisioned but it will be a deuce run for you in that area. I think it's going to be a fun course and really a good course for us to have the Ace Race and Day Glow on.   Here's a new Boone Woods Course Map (run your cursor over to see the link)- the baskets are marked with the red exclamation points. Hole number one is kind of like old hole 18 with the basket a little longer and to the left. Hole number 4 uses old hole 7's fairway backwards - nice hole. Hole 9 finishes right by the back parking lot by hole 1 and the practice basket. Walk up the road to hole 10 on the right - this starts a run of 7 holes 10-16 in that area. From hole 15 walk back to hole 16 which shoots out toward the road. Then cross the road to hole 17's tee which is right by the tennis court and the building with a mural and someone throwing a frisbee - we have to get a yellow band discatcher on there! Hole 18 finishes up right next to the shelter and the horseshoe courts.  
cubbies
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 9:45:37 AM

Map looks good!! Can't wait to play it!!! See you all tomorrow!!!
topherb
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:07:00 PM

nice layout!
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:20:05 PM

FYI, David had to make some changes in order to get it ready for your event. The design Bob and I created had the holes in the woods being a little bit longer but would have taken longer to complete(cut out). Also we weren't allowed to use the land along the main creek(old 12 - 17) where they are doing restoration and I'm sure we won't be able to use it once they have completed the project. That area will make for some great temp holes next year.
Boone county parks once again pulled through and did a great job.
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:54:00 PM

Thanks Fred. Yeah, I know the woods holes were originally supposed to be longer. Maybe we can work to put in some alternate pins. He had mentioned that also. Yes, they came through in a big way.
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 12:55:03 PM

Need something else from people. If you have an extra cooler you can bring along, please do.
nienaber
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 1:11:41 PM

you won't happen to have any discs for sell tomorrow? My dad and I have gift certificates to your store and we don't make it down your way too often!

Also we are ok to pay tomorrow for the ace race? My dad and I will be there!
discndat
Posted: Friday, October 23, 2009 2:42:28 PM

Yes, I will have discs there tomorrow. I don't redeem the Gift Certificates that I have given for sponsorship at tournaments. The reason for sponsoring tournaments with the Gift Certificates is to get people in the store or to purchase online. Yes, you can pay for Ace Race tomorrow.