Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

So whatcha watcha want? Options
Kool Keith
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:29:40 AM

Otterbein_discgolf
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:38:51 AM

That was one of the best beastie renditions I have ever seen. Twas a blast and I'm glad I bailed on that 2nd round, I would have been too tired to see all that if I did play it.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 8:43:20 AM

Threw my back out so I missed this and Rapid Run. Sorry I wasn't there to enjoy the set. We'll all miss what you do around here Kevin.
topherb
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:25:12 AM

Kool Keith wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYXOEgSmv9Y

That is some funny sh*t!!!!!
Kool Keith
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 9:52:28 AM

This seems as good of a place as any;

This vid was taken on Saturday night at my place. A casual evening among friends, as you'd find almost any other evening any other day. But, with one exception - we were gathered to grab one last experience with a good friend and excellent citizen who will soon be leaving our local area.

I met Kevin about 3 years ago - hot sweaty day at Idlewild, playing a casual round with Fred and RobJ. I was still kinda new to the sport myself, but man - this guy stuck out like a sore thumb. Big man, sweating buckets, lost and confused look on his face, and carrying a messenger bag full of discs. I invited him to join our group (prob much to the dismay of my playing partners - they already had one newb in the group!), and that's how this whole thing got started.

Over the past 3 years, our relationship has grown to be much more than playing partners. He's an easy friend to make - one of the most selfless people you'd ever meet. It would be superfluous to try to go over his contributions to charity, disc golf, and our Boone County community - for that, I say thanks.

Kevin, you will be missed around here. You will be missed in the Dailey family household, as will Carrie, Fisher, and Shelby. You will be missed at Idlewild. You will be missed Fairhaven. You will be missed by GCFDA, though probably not at club meetings!

Don't be a stranger. And always remember, black on top.
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 10:11:27 AM

Kool Keith wrote:
This seems as good of a place as any; This vid was taken on Saturday night at my place. A casual evening among friends, as you'd find almost any other evening any other day. But, with one exception - we were gathered to grab one last experience with a good friend and excellent citizen who will soon be leaving our local area. I met Kevin about 3 years ago - hot sweaty day at Idlewild, playing a casual round with Fred and RobJ. I was still kinda new to the sport myself, but man - this guy stuck out like a sore thumb. Big man, sweating buckets, lost and confused look on his face, and carrying a messenger bag full of discs. I invited him to join our group (prob much to the dismay of my playing partners - they already had one newb in the group!), and that's how this whole thing got started. Over the past 3 years, our relationship has grown to be much more than playing partners. He's an easy friend to make - one of the most selfless people you'd ever meet. It would be superfluous to try to go over his contributions to charity, disc golf, and our Boone County community - for that, I say thanks. Kevin, you will be missed around here. You will be missed in the Dailey family household, as will Carrie, Fisher, and Shelby. You will be missed at Idlewild. You will be missed Fairhaven. You will be missed by GCFDA, though probably not at club meetings! Don't be a stranger. And always remember, black on top.

Yeah, you can't front on that!
KevinB
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:42:06 PM

Thanks for the kind words Keith. I appreciate your friendship from day one, when I came up on you and some of the old Idlewild folks.

Not sure how much disc golf I'll be playing up in Columbus, but look forward to doing whatever I can for the sport once I get settled in there.

I'll miss the folks that joined me to play the casual rounds at Idlewild on a regular basis. Thanks for joining me, just a fat guy out on a walk, I really enjoyed those afternoons and evenings. It will be weird not being able to be at the first tee of Idlewild in a matter of minutes from my house.

The Cincinnati/NKY area is fortunate to have so many courses in the vicinity. Take care of them. It's too easy to pick up a piece of litter, throw a branch out of the fairway or write a letter to the park & recreation department to thank them for their efforts in helping better disc golf.

Shoot well, have fun & fight crime.