Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Miami Township/ Milford Community Park Options
mikejenkins1
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:04:14 PM

is this ' Kathryn Stagge Marr Community Park' the mystery park or are we blessed to have 2 new courses in the area?
surgediscgolf
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 9:50:35 PM

The Miami Township Park I believe is on Buckwheat Road, this one is in Goshen Township, an entirely different area. It looks like we ARE going to disc golf courses (one 9-hole, one 18-hole) before the end of the year. That will help fill up the big "hole" in the disc golf map on the website... ...the one that seems to surround my house!
Moses
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:57:04 PM

If there is any need for help with installation or design, Dave Cox and I (Cory Corwin) will be more than willing to help. You can send a pm to me or 2timer (Dave Cox).
StorminSteve
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 3:46:42 PM

No,course is already past planning and is being installed .  Myself and my son have it already done.  The course should be ready for play July 1 st.  Thanks for offering . SS
StorminSteve
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 10:53:18 PM

The concrete for the baskets are down and the baskets will be installed sometime next week. The park board is planning on having a grand opening/ribbon cutting in mid July. Will update as more info is available.
ccs
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:28:18 AM

StorminSteve wrote:
The concrete for the baskets are down and the baskets will be installed sometime next week. The park board is planning on having a grand opening/ribbon cutting in mid July. Will update as more info is available.

The course looks like it will be a good introduction to disc golf for people who may not know what disc golf  is. I'm interested in seeing how the baskets are going to be installed, it looks like Clermont county may have figured out a new way.
frizgolf
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:05:02 PM

What could that be? Do they have a more secure anchor? A molly-anchor kind of installation? Retractable trap doors to enable mowing and maintenance?
The mind boggles. ;)
ccs
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:54:14 PM

frizgolf wrote:
What could that be? Do they have a more secure anchor? A molly-anchor kind of installation? Retractable trap doors to enable mowing and maintenance? The mind boggles. ;)

I didn't  look real close, but it looks like the concrete base is about  24" in diameter and there are three eye bolts evenly spaced in about an 18" diameter circle.
It will be nice to have a course close to my house.
Better bring your plastic.
StorminSteve
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:27:18 PM

Yes it is a intro level course ,  9 holes but it will still be fun for all. Tee post are in . baskets will be installed soon. They are planning on a mid July grand opening/ ribbon cutting event. As to the basket, they are the basic lighting db5's with the round bases to them. They will be secured to the concrete bases by special u bolts and then pad locked down. They weigh about 200 plus puonds each.  This design was done by the head of maintence for the park board and myself. They have sleeves that we can install if this doesn't work. They are trying to prevent theft of the baskets. Since this is a shorter course (or any course for that fact) PLEASE DON"T WRITE ON THE SIGNS THAT YOU GOT AN ACE !!! Will update as more info comes. Thanks
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:44:02 AM

any updates?
ccs
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:24:40 AM

I stopped at Miami Township park yesterday. The baskets have not been installed yet.
StorminSteve
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:45:00 PM

They are not going to be until about 1 week before the grand opening , (which should be in the beginning of August ) . The board is waiting for the family to get back in town from their vacation before setting a date . I will post once that info is given to me.
Erik
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 9:21:57 AM

Hey Steve,

I meant to ask you about this last night, but forgot. How is this course coming along? Still held up with scheduling the "grand" opening?
StorminSteve
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 12:13:19 PM

Just got off the phone with the board. It will be August 14th around 10 am. I know and explained to the board that is the day for the ccs as well. They will not change the date cause of scheduling with Dave's family. Once I get the offical email I will post it.
StorminSteve
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 7:12:47 PM

Here is the offical Grand opening date and times for the Karl Von Coldeway Disc Golf Course in Milford. Sat. August 14th at 11 am. I know this date is the same as the CCS but that is the date that the trustees and the Coldeway family can do ! The Cincinnati papers are also doing some PR's about the course as well. ( I belive they may run Thur or Fri , )
Here is the link as well.     http://www.miamitwp.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=564:grand-opening
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:39:25 AM

Google Maps is showing 15.6 miles....25mins from Williamsburg Park to Community Park in Milford...I have to go to work Saturday night after the CCS...but if we do get done early...I'll squeeze it in...eventhough it is going the opposite direction from where I need to go....but I always like playing a new course.
T_Vincent
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:10:42 PM

Where on Buckwheat Rd. is it? I saw a Leming Community Park by a Elem. School. The courses web site does not have directions or an address.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 2:41:35 PM

Their website has it at 5951 Buckwheat rd.

Google map ftw: maps.google.com/maps
surgediscgolf
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:44:30 PM

If you're coming from State Route 28 turn on to Buckwheat Road, pass Live Oaks Campus on the left, continue just a little farther to Lemming Park on the right. It's right across from St. Elizabeth Seton complex.
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:20:31 PM

Leming park is it. Just down past Live Oaks on the right (if you are coming from rt 28 ) .
disc golfer girl
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:04:43 PM

I talked to Karl's mother the other day and they are very happy that course is finally in. Anyone who is available to attend will show wonderful support for the family and park in getting this course in. Many thanks to all those who participated with course help. Karl was a nice guy and someone we really enjoyed playing with in leagues. He is greatly missed.
DWright
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:19:20 PM

Indeed!
StorminSteve
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:49:56 PM

In Thur. Cin Enquirer they ran an article about it under the Local section page 3.
StorminSteve
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 9:19:09 PM

Course is ready for play ! Some things still need to be done. After hole number 5 you go up the trail(TO THE RIGHT the sign hasn't been installed yet ) to get to # 6 and #9 basket is wrong ( but playable ) PLEASE DO NOT MARK ON THE SIGNS , SUCH AS WHO ACED IT , AND OTHER DAMAGING THINGS. THIS REALLY MAKES THE DISC GOLFERS LOOK BAD. Turtlecreek , willaimsburg are some on the courses that are really looking bad due to the people with the markers . PLEASE KEEP ALL PARKS CLEAN , IT ONLY MAKES THINGS EASILER TO GET THE TRUSTEES TO WANT TO DO MORE FOR THE DISC GOLFEERS .
BTBAM
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:29:39 AM

Hoping to be there in a few hours, Steve. Going to go warm up at banklick.