Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Miami Township/ Milford Community Park Options
surgediscgolf
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 2:21:53 PM

All the pictures and the video were shot with a Sony TX7. A couple neat features, panoramas (there's one in the photos), high speed bursts (10 shots per second) that let you catch some cool throws, and 1080i HD video... ...all in a $350 camera. I love it!

This video was shot at 1080i but it might take some time for You Tube to get the resolution up to 720i. I might load it to Vimeo later this week to get the full 1080.

Here's the short video of the dedication ceremony this morning at 11:00 AM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWNZr5OrcM If you check back later today you should be able to see it at higher resolution.

Here's a couple of pictures from the dedication. http://picasaweb.google.com/milfordmagic/20100814?authkey=Gv1sRgCOrX-5islrWOVQ&feat=directlink

Thanks to everyone who was involved in getting this course up and running. I still can't play (knee issues) but when I can it will be fun having a course within miles of my home.
BTBAM
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:07:44 PM

We stopped by. Fun little course!
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:20:05 PM

Thank you for posting the video. I would have liked to be there but I was at Williumsburg. After the CC, I stopped by and played. I agree that it is a great beginner course. I took pictures and will be sending them to Mike to have put on the web site shortly.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:29:27 PM

Please make sure to get directions, map, course layout posted to Courses section
StorminSteve
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 8:01:43 PM

Thanks to everyone that came out to support the family and make todays event a success ! About 100 plus people for the opening and constant play all day. After the CCS , we went back to the course and there were still about 20 people playing.
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:09:28 PM

Course has been getting plenty of play ! Went there tonight and about 40 + players . Thanks to all that are playing it and keeping it clean. Hopefully this is a small step towards bigger things to come .
Erik
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 7:59:57 AM

I stopped by on my way home from work last night and there were about 20 people playing.  Fun little course.  It liked how it incorporated the stream running through the course.  Hopefully whenever they decide to put in tee pads they will opt to move some of them back a little bit.  A little more distance would make it much more challenging

StorminSteve wrote:
#9 basket is wrong (but playable )

I was clueless on what you meant here until i played it.  lol They installed the basket and chains on an upside down pole.  Looks like a basket for midgets.

It was still very playable though. 

mikejenkins1
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:09:07 PM

If you want low baskets, play Embshoff......
Mr_Clutch
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 3:19:03 AM

Aced hole 2 last friday, smaller course, but fun. i jus wanted to see if it was the first ace there yet or not!
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 7:00:46 AM

Played last night and loved it. What is up with the gulley/gap between basket 5 to tee of 6? There is that nice bridge on 6 but the ditch you must cross to get to it will be even worse if there water flowing in that ditch. Any plans to put a crossover there in that little gap?
Erik
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:26:47 AM

mikejenkins1 wrote:
If you want low baskets, play Embshoff......

I would not call hole 9 a low basket.  It is actually normal height, but the pole was installed upside down.  This causes the basket to actually be higher and the chain assembly to be at the normal height.  End result is a smaller target and the chains resting on the bottom of the basket.

From the sounds of it, this place needs more traffic.  Drew Miller (RH) threw a disc and had some kid jump out of the woods, steal the disc and run away.   The sad thing is if they asked I am sure nearly any of us would have given the kid a disc…

mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 3:12:40 PM

I could not remember which hole's basket was supposed to be low. We really did not notice any problems either.
Now as for unruly kids....A bunch of kids were hanging out (maybe but not probably at the concert) and came down when we were playing hole 5. We all threw and the cuts cut over from hole 6 to 5 via the creek. A girl saw my disk picked it up and I said that is mine and she threw it to me. Same with one of the others but she did put it back down. Usually we have a person who throws and goes up to watch others in case they hit the woods. So we will keep a watch for that. If it gets bad, it should be reported to the local police to see if they can assist.
StorminSteve
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 3:48:15 PM

the bridge was removed so they can fill in that space . As for making the course longer it wont happen only have so much land
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 9:12:02 PM

I think it is the right length. Nice mixed terrain. Love hole 9 from the top of the hill. We almost picked off a kid walking in the area the other day when our disk came down.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:52:39 PM

Jeremy Boling and Jared Brumley played the course for the 1st time Monday night. On Jeremys first throw on #1 he hit an ace. That's their story and they're sticking to it.
pcaldwell
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:53:03 PM

Cute little course. Played it on Saturday between kid soccer games in Milford. Whole family played...shot straight deuces through #6, but lost by one stroke on #6 to Karen, who aced it with son Calvin's Comet. Her 3rd Ace. Never made it to #7 because of sudden downpour. There is definitely a place in Cincinnati Area for these kind of recreational courses. Especially ones with neighborhoods nearby. Great way to get new players in game.
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:31:53 PM

That is what this course is about (family and having fun) ! Way to deuce hole 5 !!! Let me know if anyone dueces number 9 .
mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:28:11 AM

Well my brother-in-law was with me the other night. We were all throwing at a grill under the trees (thought that was the basket from distance). If we had aimed more left his second shot might have made it. He was really close even from the grill area.
zippy
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2010 9:51:10 PM

Played the course tonight with my wife for the first time. It's a nice little nine hole course. Reminds me of Winton Woods but with more hills. All skill levels will find it enjoyable. It's a shame there isn't more land to make it eighten holes but they did a damn good job making it nine.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 6:44:47 AM

I previously asked a question about the gulley between 5 and 6 and I meant to ask about the drain ditch between 4 and 5.
There is that little gulley there that is a drain (all down the hill). We took other family members and they had the same
question we did. How are we supposed to easily cross that ditch? If it is wet it would be very impassable. Are they planning
on putting a cross over there soon? It is only 3 feet across but not easy to get across. You can jump, step into it but since
the next hole has a beautiful bridge why nothing there?
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 7:10:36 PM

They are going to put in a pipe and backfill over it . The old bridge was installed and removed by a wedding party. They used it for their photos. The park is going to fix it , hopefully soon.
shyamrox
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 6:05:53 PM

I've been playing this course for a couple weeks now, and love it! However, today I was there and they just cleared out a *lot* of bushes and trees.....I'm not to fond of what they did, previously you had to be more accurate, now its very wide open (at least the front 4-5 baskets.

On one hand, as a beginner, I like it because I can practice shots without having to search through brush to find my disk, but the first 4-5 baskets are almost TOO easy now...  what do you all think?

shyamrox
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 6:08:08 PM

Oh yea - They backfilled the trench between 4 and 5 too.
shyamrox
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:29:57 PM

So I went back out to Miami Township Community Park today to play.....I don't know what happened, but *at least* the first 2-3 baskets were missing! It looked like the 4th and 9th were there, I didn't walk the whole course to see which others were missing...I don't know if they were stolen, or if the park took them out intentionally for some reason.

While it sucks either way, I'm hoping they were taken out intentionally by the park instead of someone stealing them...

Does anyone know what happened?
StorminSteve
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 9:08:06 PM

Well some A_HOLES stole them !!! A total of 6 basket are gone as well as damage to some tee signs. Police have been informed ! Thanks for the heads up !