Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Central Kentucky Course!!!!!!!!! Kinda Options
Lingo1976
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:30:39 PM

Ok fellow disc golfers I just returned from a tour of Central Ky playing as many courses in two days that I could. And here is your report:

LEXINGTON----------Veterans Park-----------

Not the longest course by any means. 14 holes I believe not in the woods. The ones in the woods however have some tight shots. Hope you know how to throw a tight-lined anhyzer fo shoooooo. Course hard as hell to navigate. Fortunately I have played it previously. Get a map or join up with a local the first time you tackle the course or you could be walking around aimlessly for the next hole. Busy park watch out for others before you play (it got to play during Cross Country practice) Over all if your in Lex-Vegas def worth checking out.

Currently missing #11 (I think) and #18 baskets

LEXINGTON----------SHILITO PARK_________

This course was the Lex's only DGC for a long time and if you haven't played it yet then shame on you!!!!!!!!  It's not greatest but none the less its 18 holes medium length, easy to navigate, tees, baskets, what else do you need to have a good time?

FRANKFORT------------EAST FRANKFORT PARK--------------

FIRST OF ALL WHERE ARE YOU THROWING FROM #5's TEEPAD? Secondly who the hell laid this course out? I thought Veterans was bad til I played this course. The course is kinda set up like 5 small courses linked together with 400ft walks between them. Get good directions to the place before going to the course and make sure to either print a copy of the course or make sure you look at the map on hole #1.  Besides that not a bad course, kinda short, I want to say that all 18 baskets are in but I never saw #5 or where it was supposed to be so who knows, and probably a busy park when the pool is open!

NICHOLASVILLE-------------RINEY B DGC--------------

EVERYTHING A GOOD DGC NEEDS!!!!!!! with a few exceptions

24-holes, Houck Tee-signs (like Idlewilds), good elevation changes, water in play, good mix of left and right doglegs. Freakin awesome size tee-pads!!!

Here are the exceptions..............DO NOT PLAY THIS COURSE AFTER IT HAS RAINED FOR 7 DAYS STRAIGHT!     most of this course lies in a valley along a creek.  This creek overflows very easy and most of the course is soaking wet.  #7 basket is straight ahead of the teepad on the other side of this creek. Basket was surrounded by water and the bridge crossing the creek was also under water.  Currently missing  #24 basket

Overall take a day off and go play this course

HARRODSBURG------------------ANDERSON-DEAN COMMUNITY PARK----------------

For some reason I hated this course and its not cause it was long.  But the park itself was rather impressive.

Rolling hills and has a 900ft hole. But every hole seemed the exactly the same as one I had all ready played, the only difference was if you were throwing up or down a hill. Every tee shot is straight ahead. There are very few trees on the course and even fewer that should even come close to being in play. Tee-pads were tiny but all 18 baskets currently in.

DO NOT PLAY THIS COURSE ON A WINDY DAY!!!!!!

GEORGETOWN-------------------GEORGETOWN COLLEGE DGC----------------

BETTER GET YA A MAP SOMEHOW OR PLAY WITH A LOCAL

Front 9 is on the Main Campus while the back 9 is on the East Campus, besides that it has no tee-signs and is hard to navigate. Front 9 is among a lot of buildings and is shorter than the back.  I hadn't really planned on playing the course since I had played it before but if your in Georgetown its a fun course just watch out for all the students on the main campus. A nice sunny day I'm sure there would be more people out than I saw on a cold day. And if your looking for a good beer at a local pub in a college town after the round......................good luck!!!!!  Galvins in downtown G-town is the only one lol

PEACE
J-son
TheNatiDiscGolf.com

Jokerman
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:55:12 AM

you going to play owen co high? i could meet up with you.