Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

USDGC Live Coverage Options
DanH
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 2:36:35 PM

For those not aware:

todocast.tv/pdga

USDGC is being bradcast live through streaming video.
chief32
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 2:42:40 PM

I did get to see David Cox on hole #1. Pretty cool.
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 2:43:19 PM

You have to give a credit card number in order to register? Uber stupid.
chief32
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 2:45:54 PM

You can register for free.
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 6:30:33 PM

mikekem wrote:
You have to give a credit card number in order to register? Uber stupid.

I didn't have to. Choose the free link unless you can afford a donation, uber chill-out  Mike.laugh
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:06:31 PM

Don't really feel like giving the pdga more money for what I get from them but that is a different discussion all together.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 3:53:44 AM

No, you don't have to pay - you can donate - if you want to. It's pretty cool to watch and I watched for free. Here's some of the scores from some people we know:

Tyler Horne -7, 2 strokes off the lead; Brian Schweberger and Dave Feldberg are at -9.
Brad Schick at -1 and Johnny Sias even.
Avery Jenkins +3
Matt Blakely +4 and John Ferenson +5
Val Jenkins, Dave Cox and Kevin Stewart +7
Eric Roadhouse +8
Pete Caldwell +18
Dave Greenwell DNF

There's probably a lot more and you can check them if you go to USDGC.COM

I've also been blogging and tweeting a bit on it if you want to follow that.

drx49er
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:57:09 PM

It's been been cool watching our sport live on the net! And it seems that the broadcast gets better as they go along. It's not Monday Night Football, but it's a start.
Tim Tim
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:05:43 PM

Man it'd be so cool if Horne won it hehe
finnhawc
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 4:36:30 PM

It is limited but, great coverage. What's up with the bunker rule- what a joke! It is like playing Idlemild rules.
mikekem
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 6:13:43 PM

If you watch people on 17 when they miss they usually missed twice it seemed like. That's enough punishment.

L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2009 11:36:01 PM

I watched one guy miss 5 times and he was allowed to go retrieve his discs and try again....talk about punishment...I'd definitely throw a sidearm to the bail out zone.
DanH
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:40:44 AM

Caldwell has gone 6, 3, 6 on 17 so far. With a little wind, that hole is a tough 249 footer, especially if you don't have a side arm. What will he get today? Deuce?
finnhawc
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:56:14 PM

mikekem wrote:
If you watch people on 17 when they miss they usually missed twice it seemed like. That's enough punishment.

I don't think so when you think about the smart shot being toss 40  ft to the "safe" area then up and down for your three. Meanwhile, the guy that goes for it is out of bounds shooting for a two off the tee on their next shot(which happened BTW). It doesn't  punish you enough with just a retee-no penalty. Besides, now, nobody can get a 21 unless they try like mad. I bet they modify this ruling at next years USDGC. 
discndat
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:43:44 PM

I doubt if they change it. Seems like most have liked this setup better than the previous one. What a finish today. After 11 holes Locastro has the lead by 1 over Feldberg, 3 over Arthur and 6 over Doss.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 3:47:31 PM

Nikko Locastro is your 2009 USDGC champion! Signature disc a coming?
DanH
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 5:01:09 PM

Wow. That's a nasty payout table. 1st: $15K, 2nd: $8K, 3rd: $4k. And they are only 1 stroke away from each other. Also, the competition is so tough that averaging 1000 rated rounds doesn't even cash.
NKYgoalie
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 8:20:04 PM

discndat wrote:
Nikko Locastro is your 2009 USDGC champion! Signature disc a coming?

My guess is going to be a signature gateway magic, he just switched to those from wizards.  Awesome Nikko won, but Josh Anthon shooting a 53 and new course record, that is just crazy.  Still, I am expecting the Sig. Magic soon!
StorminSteve
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2009 9:41:08 PM

FYI I just email Dave about if he plans on doing a Nikko signature disc. I will let everyone know if so and when I will get them to into the stores. Also the live coverage was very neat.
L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:27:07 AM

Probably throw the disc...it flops to the ground...starts crying like a baby...cussing while everyone else is trying to putt out...I think I'll skip that signature series.
jpaul6
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 8:17:53 AM

L_Stephens wrote:
Probably throw the disc...it flops to the ground...starts crying like a baby...cussing while everyone else is trying to putt out...I think I'll skip that signature series.

The disc or Nikko?  laugh

I have been witness to his youth induced immaturity...but not on the course.
StorminSteve
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 9:18:52 AM

As most people that do know him will agree that he is a very emotional player. I watch Dave F. go into a fit ,(does that mean he is an A-Hole ) they all have their own issues. Even Sergio Garcia ( and most professional golfers ) aren't the perfect examples of sportmanship, Sergio was having a bad day and the putt liped out on him, so he spit into the cup. Does that mean everybody should hate Sergio the rest of his career? Same can be said about Bubba Watson, a young gun on the PGA tour, up at the Memorial in Columbus we witnessed him throw his pitching wedge after he failed to escape a patch of thick rough by the green, nobody was going around saying he sucks, because everybody knew he did it due to his frustrations in that he expects more from himself, and to compete with the likes of Tiger, Furyk, Etc. he must be almost flawless. Each person is different, we all cannot be perfect.
L_Stephens
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:24:47 PM

Nikko is EXTREMELY talented...and to clear up a misconception about him...he DOESN'T cry, complain, cuss, kick dirt because he's emotionally upset...he does it soley for the purpose of getting into YOUR head. It doesn't matter to him one bit that his 120 ft upshot went by 30ft..he knows he's hitting it...but if he throws a fit...it causes you to get upset and miss your 30footer. He's the Johnny Mac of Disc Golf...he does it for the show...not because he's genuinely upset. I'm in the Anti-Nikko Fan Club. You guys can overlook his attitudes and only look at his talent...typical Bengals fans I guess...it's all about winning...not about the character of the man that got there. If people on his card would start stroking him for his behavior..you'd see him change his tune quickly. Nobody seems to want to be 'that guy' that actually calls someone on the rules. Only one man that I know of maned up and was ready to take one for the team and give him his overdue attitude adjustment.

I will always enjoy playing with my Hero Al-Man.
schick
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:04:06 PM

StorminSteve wrote:
As most people that do know him will agree that he is a very emotional player. I watch Dave F. go into a fit ,(does that mean he is an A-Hole ) they all have their own issues. Even Sergio Garcia ( and most professional golfers ) aren't the perfect examples of sportmanship, Sergio was having a bad day and the putt liped out on him, so he spit into the cup. Does that mean everybody should hate Sergio the rest of his career? Same can be said about Bubba Watson, a young gun on the PGA tour, up at the Memorial in Columbus we witnessed him throw his pitching wedge after he failed to escape a patch of thick rough by the green, nobody was going around saying he sucks, because everybody knew he did it due to his frustrations in that he expects more from himself, and to compete with the likes of Tiger, Furyk, Etc. he must be almost flawless. Each person is different, we all cannot be perfect.

Hate to break the news, but he is miserable to play with. Have you had the pleasure of a competitive round with Nikko, Stormin? dumb
mikekem
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:59:46 PM

I've only watched Nikko in person once play a round and he was under the skin of everyone on the card. Lee is correct it doesn't seem to affect his play, if anything I think he thrives off drama.