Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Nikko Freakin at Vibram Open Options
Tim Tim
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 9:55:00 PM

I wasn't sure what all the talk was about with Nikko acting crazy in tournaments but now that I've seen it first hand... even "I" want to penalize him.

Go to www.discgolfmonthly.com and watch "DGM - 66 Clip #8" on the main front page. The clip series this month is of the final 18 holes of the 2009 Vibram open.

In clip #8 at "2:50" they tee off on hole 17. Watch this entire hole playout as Nikko starts to lose it. Telling his disc to "simmer" lol, jumping really high over a brush pile, and then after getting his bogey... kicks the disc from under the basket while it rests inside. Listen to the reactions, it made my day devil
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 4:30:13 PM

That is the calmest I've ever seen him. Remember though, there have been a bunch of babies before Nikko came around. We should give him a chance to grow up a bit and then judge how he is.
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 5:27:53 PM

Wow what a great log jump ! Yes his actions at the basket was not called for, but then again they're playing for money not plastic ,emotions do run high and he is young. At least he wasn't drinking his beer while playing, like I got to experience past weekend at Great Seal. Nothing better than playing with a drunk !!
nienaber
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 6:37:50 PM

I don't think what he is playing for would change his actions...not saying I think they are out of line, as long as he does not disturb those around him how he reacts should not matter. Normally that only hurts the person (Cole Hamels in the world series)

If a guy wants to stomp on his mini or lay on the ground screaming then good for them. Makes it funny...

I'd rather play with an emotional guy then the people Steve is talking about...freakin' losers!
Tim Tim
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 7:51:38 PM

Yea I agree. Although alot of people keep saying Nikko is so young but he's not 14 for God's sake lol But I do agree that it makes it really funny to watch =)