Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2010 Icebowl Krazy Series Options
discndat
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 2:53:09 PM

Big yeah to Lee for what he said.

Yes, you can sign up the day of the event. It just helps you not to have to stand in the cold to signup and for us taking the signups to not have to be out there as much. You make the call. See you there. It's definitely a good time and a good cause. Go Bengals tonight.
Billy Page
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:05:10 AM

Looks like we need some snow shoes too with this big storm coming in on Thursday and Friday. Still think there will be a modest turnout?
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:43:49 PM

If we get 3+ inches are we gonna be able to find the tee pad or the disc we throw? Not a wimp or whiner just asking.....
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:53:13 PM

cold Yes, it looks like we get a really good "icebowl" this year. Snow and cold - many places that get this type of weather every year get 100+ people. No, I doubt if we will get that many - too many wimps, but... we'll have a good turnout I'm sure. We've played in this type of snow and cold before.  We'll tee from an area on or around the teepad. Yes, it does get tough to see the discs but you just have to follow the line of entry into the snow.  Lost discs definitely come into play. It's all for a good cause so come on out and have some fun while we're at it.

And for you Bengals fans, Ricks Sports Bar is a great place to watch the game after the Icebowl and I'm sure there are some others that people know about.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:54:59 PM

Since it is Harbin...thus pretty wide open...all we have to do is sweep off the teepads....then simply the last person to throw runs up the fairway and spots...just like most of us do on #18 anyway...or a wooded hole anywhere else. Take a towel...maybe a couple of non-white minis and throw them near where the disc landed and then go throw yours. I didn't lose a single disc in the Idlewild mess last year where there was an ungodly amount of discs lost...something like 100+ lost...

I played at Boone today to keep loose..but also to help myself stay focused on watching where I threw and landed....as long as we all help each other out...should be a great day of disc golf with no lost discs.
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 2:20:06 PM

The real question is: "Will Hans be there and will he be wearing shorts or a shirt?"
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 3:09:18 PM

The Icebowl discs are in - pictured is the design for the 2 fundraiser discs: Discraft SuperColor Buzzz and Innova INNcolor Mako - these discs are $25 each and $10 goes to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. We also have discs with the regular Icebowl hotstamp: Discraft Z Buzzz, Discraft ESP FLX Avenger SS. Innova Champion Boss, Innova Champion Monarch, Innova STAR Mako, Innova Champion Teebird, Innova STAR Roadrunner, Innova Aviar Putter, Innova KC Pro Roc, Gateway Organic Voodoo, Gateway Stupid Super Soft Magic, Gateway Soft and Supersoft Wizard. Let me know if you want any discs reserved for Saturday. There are limited quantities available. You can purchase the Fundraiser INNcolor and SuperColor discs when you signup online at Harbin Icebowl Signups  Registration list will also be posted on that site.
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:39:22 AM

Save yourself some time and pre-register.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:04:04 AM

And that's saving yourself some "time in the cold" on Saturday morning standing there. Moving around playing is not so bad, but standing there to signup is colder - and sitting or standing there taking signups is even colder still. See ya there. And yes, if you can signup before it would be great for all of us.
topherb
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:40:56 AM

signup now so you will have more practice time!!!
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:06:29 AM

discndat wrote:
And that's saving yourself some "time in the cold" on Saturday morning standing there. Moving around playing is not so bad, but standing there to signup is colder - and sitting or standing there taking signups is even colder still. See ya there. And yes, if you can signup before it would be great for all of us.

on super cold days do drive thru registering....2 people sit in a car marked REGISTER... park the car so that people can pull right up to their window. WAIT A MINUTE!...Then we could stay in the warm cars and just do donuts up n down the snowy hills of harbin while throwing discs outa the window at baskets. Hmmmm? .......Let's not n say we did . Snowmobiles would be cool to get around on though!

I AM BRINGIN A SAUCER TO RIDE DOWN #12......no piggy back rides chris, bring ur own!
topherb
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:16:27 AM

skis or boot skis would prob be better ! LOL
topherb
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:17:46 AM

I will bring my sled for lunch time for ya LJ!!! HA LOL
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:26:44 AM

There will be lots of locals sledding on the temp hole A hill. It may actually get crowded there.

We will be at the rock shelter where the Pig tourney central was this year. If anyone wants to start a fire there it would be great. I've got a lot to do. I can bring some extra wood but it would be great if someone could get one going.
cyrusf1
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 12:44:28 PM

No need for a sled. Simply sit on two discs, put two more under each foot, and you've got yourself one fast sled
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:15:18 PM

Anyone got any wood to donate? (besides Perica's morning wood). I will be there early to help unload/fire start.
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:07:39 AM

I dont think the first two alternate baskets are going to be playable. IM not sure if you were going to play them or not Dan, but there are going to be a ton of people there tomorrow all day, unless the snow miraculously dissapears overnight! And it will be an "ICE HILL" by the time morning rolls around tomorrow, so i think Cyrus has a pretty good idea!
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:21:10 AM

No, definitely not planning on playing the temp holes. Yeah, I mentioned the sledding hill a little earlier. It will be crowded there for sledding. We may have some squatters for the fire.

Anybody who would like to help with signups or checking scorecards, it will help on Saturday.
gary costa
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 4:03:40 PM

somebody needs to bring some shovels!
gary costa
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 4:05:28 PM

how are we suppossed to find our discs in the snow after we throw them??
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 4:52:39 PM

It's not as hard as you might think, but there is the possibility of lost discs. We've played in more snow than this before. You have to keep a good eye out for where it went and usually it's a few feet/yds in front of where it went into the snow. It's just a little added fun. I'm sure we've got someone up that way that can go back in the next few days to look for lost discs if we do have them.
L_Stephens
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 5:17:30 PM

Dan...I think I accidently signed up for Pro Open on the website...can you move me to Open Masters so I can get beat by you and Jeff again? See everyone in the morning...and don't forget to bring some donations...I just found about 50 items of clothing to bring.
Billy Page
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 6:08:25 PM

every time I try to sign up, after switching to advanced men, the shopping cart pops up with eht pro open division in the cart. Anyway around this error besides signing up tomorrow morning?
Phil Miller
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 7:05:34 PM

Billy Page wrote:
every time I try to sign up, after switching to advanced men, the shopping cart pops up with eht pro open division in the cart. Anyway around this error besides signing up tomorrow morning?

The internetz is smart. Maybe it's trying to tell you something?
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 08, 2010 7:46:25 PM

Did you remove the Open from the cart? I just checked and it all appears to be working fine from my end. If you put Open in your cart you will need to check the box to remove it. I'll keep checking to see if I can find anything but it does look ok to me. Just check the remove box and then hit the update cart button.