Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

What has happened to Banklick? Options
Jokerman
Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 1:49:30 PM

Hey All,

I played Banklick on Monday. They are doing a lot of removal of trees and other landscape. I can see the need for regular clean up but this is more of a removal of those trees and brush that adds to the course being a challenge. For example on 13 I like knowing and having the challenge of knowing if I end up way to the left in the trees and scrubs that I'm in a mess. Now those have been cut way back.

Is this a disc golfer idea or the parks idea? Fill me in b/c I'm just not seeing what this is happening to a great course.
topherb
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:05:30 AM

the course still plays the same no real dif maybe just a little less sticker bushes pricking ya!
Valet
Posted: Thursday, December 03, 2009 7:00:11 PM

I was just there tonight and played through 11. I checked out 13 as I teed off on 11 and 13 did have some trees cut down just to the immediate left off the tee, shouldn't come into play though. It's the first 100 - 150 feet that have trees chopped, but looks like it might have been because they were dead or maybe dying trees, not sure. All speculation. Anyway, it shouldn't effect your shot unless you're as bad as me where it now will allow you to go deeper into the foliage than previously. Regardless, appears to be cosmetic and this course continues to rock.