Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Lock Laces Options
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 12:39:48 AM

Ok..I feel like an 8 year old..but I'm tired of tying my shoes 47 times a day.  I love my Merrell's to death..but the knot free shoe laces drive me crazy...they simply won't hold a good bow and tend to untie often..due to briars on the course...or the simple act of walking.  So I ordered a pair of Lace Locks from www.locklaces.com and they are great.  It is an elastic lacing system that gives the top of my feet a little more give when I flex my foot..but keeps the shoe firmly on my feet...and they are a snap to get in and out of.  I recommend them to anyone that gets annoyed at constantly retying your shoes on the course.
gary costa
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 5:48:42 PM

wow.. is "locklaces" your new sponser?? how did u land that one?
DanH
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:25:17 PM

They are good for triathlons too for quick transitions from biking to running. Lee, remind me next time I see you, and I can show you how to tie a double knot.
DiscHead
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:24:48 PM

Go with the "Ian Knot" http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ianknot.htm
It's not the strongest knot in the world, but you'll tie your shoes so fast...it won't matter!
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:41:17 PM

Dan, Most dress shoes, new merrells, and many other shoes come with a knot free nylon or other synthetic material that simply won't hold a knot...I double knot the poo out of my merrells and they still come undone when I walk in the woods. I could replace them with cotton laces..but then they turn into a wet and frayed mess in dew, rain, snow, or walking thru creeks. These Lock Laces actually work much better than traditional laces because they allow my upper foot to push against the elastic in the laces and bend more naturally. I'll just buy several pairs and every time I get knew shoes I'll take out the crappy stock laces an install a better system. It isn't like they are expensive. They are $4.99/pair...I could save more money by using leaves or recycled newspaper instead of toilet paper..but that ain't going to happen..because Charmin has a better system.
13ruce-1337
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:49:00 AM

Can you possibly get any more lazy ?
Erik
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 11:40:32 AM

You could replace the little fobs on the end with bells for the holiday season. :)
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:54:06 PM

Or write Innova on them, and they will look like a disc!!! But i like the Bells idea!!!
L_Stephens
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2010 5:15:41 PM

You guys can laugh all you want to...but these LockLaces helped me to cash in my first tournament of the year at Winton. I was sick as a dog...I still haven't eaten anything in 2010...I'm weak...dehydrated...and my LockLaces carried me to a -10 and -11 day as I battled the legends of Jeff Eades and Dan Bayless They held me firmly vertical while the storm blew...the storm of Dan Bayless charging to the top with a putting show that had the squirrels so enthralled they were dropping their nuts outta the trees. I saw a chipmunk with a "OMG did he make that" look on his face from the bushes. If it wasn't for my LockLaces I doubt I could have even physically survived the day.
topherb
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 10:13:43 AM

LOL
T_Vincent
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 1:10:01 PM

I sounds like of few of those nuts hit you on the head. It could have been the squirrels from the comic strip Mutts.
DiscHead
Posted: Sunday, January 03, 2010 3:55:41 PM

I'm liking the idea of LockLaces...and if they can make me "cash" in tournaments
and overcome illness...shiiiiit---i gotta get me some. I'm assuming they'll make me
run faster too!  wink
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 3:23:40 PM

I have some merrells with the new laces and mine seem to double knot fine. 

I think the best best thing for endurance is snorting lines of TANG. You can get it at any supermarket and it's pretty cheap.

It makes you throw further and make any putt. Hell astronauts drink it, so you know it's got to be good for you.

2Timer
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 4:02:26 PM

Phil you just gave away my secret! Phil you should just check out my FB page if you need a little pep in your step!
perica
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 10:06:38 PM

You could go get some velcro shoes and just do away with this whole laces thing all together. Just make sure you find a nice windbreaker outfit to go with them.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 10:47:58 PM

Members only jacket might be a nice substitute if you don't have a windbreaker suit.
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:29:55 AM

"Beat It" jacket, parachute pants and velcro shoes. All the rage in 1983.
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 9:42:28 AM

L_Stephens wrote:
You guys can laugh all you want to...

I will still laugh at them....

But at the same time I am sick of my laces on my boots coming undone so I will try out a set.  I will probably still laugh every time I use them though.
Erik
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 9:50:54 AM

Ok, I finally got my set. I must say they are pretty comfortable. The elastic lacing system provides enough support for the shoe to feel tight, but enough flex so it is not overly restrictive. I was never a fan of these little fobs / bells on the end of the laces, nor was I a fan of just trying them off and have two little laces flapping all over so I tried something old school. I remembered the “lacing system” from old school air Jordan V’s from 1990. With these you could lock the laces and then tie the second ½ of a normal not to keep the laces out of the way. I tried the same technique with these lock laces and I must say these are perfection!

I am looking forward to seeing how well these hold up to the abuse of disc golf.
Madmike
Posted: Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:19:15 PM

maybe i should try them too so when i get pissed and kick my bag my shoe dont fly off again in the rain!!!!!
topherb
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 10:42:52 AM

I need to pick up some. My foot kills me sometimes from the laces being to tight!
Erik
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:52:52 PM

I passed on my extra set to Drew Miller (RH) so he should be able to add a review to these as well.

After using these for nearly a week, I think the most important aspect of these is not the locks, but the elastic laces. My only fear is these laces seem pretty thin and might not be durable to withstand the abuse of disc golf. Perhaps they make a thicker elastic lace that would be an improvement.
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:38:05 PM

I've had mine in for a month. I've played in the icebowl...New Years Day tourny...I've played in the cold....the mud...I wear the same shoes to work and stand/walk for 12 hours a night...they still look brand new...I have several backup pairs in case...I doubt they will break anytime soon...which also speaks highly of my Merrell Chameleons...they have lasted me 6 months so far...heavy playing time...plus atleast 48 hours a week at work...they get mud incrusted...and wash up and look like new...overall I'm very pleased with the combination.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:17:33 PM

Double knots ftw!
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:44:07 PM

Double knots are dangerous! If David Carradine used lace locks he could have just hit this nifty little button and fell back down to safety but Noooo! Poor idiot went with a double knot and couldn't untie himself in time....rest in peace Hung Fu!