Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Lightweight Waterproof Jacket Options
I3u6sIe
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 1:29:53 AM

I'm looking for a lightweight waterproof jacket good for discing. I've never done the skiing or snowing or hiking thing, so I'm not familiar with such clothing.  With the upcoming events i want to be prepared.  After the Lexington Open XI, I want to find something waterproof/water resistant, that is lightweight and will still give me full range of motion without being too bulky. Of course it probably wouldnt have hurt to have an umbrella on hand, but some ppl (myslef) forget to check the forecast on occasion. Any suggestions?
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 9:41:15 AM

Click on one of our site sponsors Benchmark Outfitters (On our Home Page) they will know exactly what you want. Talk to Colin if he is still in town. Of course the equipment Guru L. Stephens will probably have some good info as well. I wear a light wind breaker and hope the rain isn't like Lexington or Wildcat Hollow last year.
mikekem
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 9:44:47 AM

They do have a huge selection and could probably answer your questions in person. The store is in blue ash, let them know GCFDA sent you.
L_Stephens
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:18:44 AM

I bought one of these from Benchmark Outfitters back around spring/summer and went back and bought a backup later:

http://www.benchmarkoutfitter.com/product/jackets-mens-/33/marmot-ms-ion-windshirt.html

I wanted a VERY light weight outter layer that was a wind layer that was very thin and would fit right over my UnderArmour or fleece layer. I also bought a bottle of the following:

http://www.benchmarkoutfitter.com/product/gear-care/15518/revivex-spray-on-10-oz.html

This helps maintain the water repellency of the outter shell as you wear it...I also spray it on my Gortex Merrell's after I wash them. Staying dry means staying happy :)
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2009 6:22:19 PM

Go for something from Marmot thats what i did, although Benchmark prices are always higher than other online retailers you could find.