Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

INTERMEDIATE DIVISION 2010 Options
NKYgoalie
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:48:42 PM

Madmike wrote:
I play both boss I am only as good as everyone else says I am!!!!!!

Bagger... JK
Madmike
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:49:59 PM

damn shaun now thats just wrong lol
NKYgoalie
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:52:01 PM

Im Sorry cry

Madmike
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:52:11 PM

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??????????????????????????????????????
NKYgoalie
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:56:50 PM

Мы можем все прожить, если люди как MadMike продвинулись бы

[In Russian] lol
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:11:26 PM

Madmike wrote:
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??????????????????????????????????????

no, but most of us do
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:03:17 PM

For so many post from everyone (including people that make up fake screen names, cause they are afraid to be known ) , where were you last night ??? Had only a few show up to talk about issues, but yet the forums just keep on going ! does LOL mean "live on Love "
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:22:14 PM

Why don't we all just play open...there is this cute red head that can't wait for us!
Madmike
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:29:47 PM

yea we know thats why we all are AM still lol
Erik
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:48:56 PM

StorminSteve wrote:
For so many post from everyone (including people that make up fake screen names, cause they are afraid to be known ) , where were you last night ??? Had only a few show up to talk about issues, but yet the forums just keep on going ! does LOL mean "live on Love "

Many people have conflicts with school or other obligations.  I had Monday night conflicts up until recently.  I received many PM’s from people who could not make it.  Even Phil Miller didn’t make it out when he said he would.  So much for taking advantage of a close to home club meeting Phil.. lol. 

It would have been nice to see a rough count of who was for or against adding an intermediate division though.  For how quickly they can add age protected divisions when the demand is there, you would think a $10 intermediate division would have cleaned this all up.

Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:56:12 PM

Erik wrote:

Many people have conflicts with school or other obligations.  I had Monday night conflicts up until recently.  I received many PM’s from people who could not make it.  Even Phil Miller didn’t make it out when he said he would.  So much for taking advantage of a close to home club meeting Phil.. lol. 

It would have been nice to see a rough count of who was for or against adding an intermediate division though.  For how quickly they can add age protected divisions when the demand is there, you would think a $10 intermediate division would have cleaned this all up.

When you have 3 kids under 7 and a wife that works nights then you can talk **** to me about showing up at club meetings. My family comes first. 

Sc0rch3d
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:30:41 PM

StorminSteve wrote:

you are right steve....and i am guilty for not showing, it was intentional. I read between the lines 2 wks ago and knew that it simply wouldnt matter wether i showed or not...... I WAS RIGHT!  Now, If that sounds backwards to anyone, thats because it is...... we have a system that makes me feel that way..... anyone agree with that? You would think with this topic having 2/3 the amount of posts in 1 month that the entire 09 ccs thread had all yr that it wouldve been handled with a little more finesse.

here's a point to consider......if any one person has the power to make decisions like "chuck the novice card and points series" I would have certainly felt a bit more comfortable if  that person were more involved in our lengthy, thought provoking thread .....wether we are right or wrong. I know Dave reads this thread, yet no comments were made? Nothin personal, it is what it is........and i respect the decision wether i like it or not. I appreciate all that is done and also know, as ive said b4, that i will learn more as time passes.....in the mean time, im not going to be affraid to speak my mind. I wont appologize for running a "green horn"  fever for this sport.....its a fever. I will def glance back and laugh at some of the things that seemed so imprtnt to me now, i know this. What i WILL do..... is continue to support new people and thank the seasoned plyrs for putting up with us.

added note to dave......after reading what phill wrote about it causing more harm for officers to be involved in this jibber jabber a light went off. I understand his point. I could edit what i wrote up top here, but then the lesson would be washed out ......

the lesson im getn from it is whn i have questions burning a hole in my mind or dont agree with something, i will pm phill....or finny....or cyrus....or nick engle....or dan.....anderson, mike, tony ........or you, and keep it off the threads. My posts werent intended to cause harm but they have stirred the pot. it wont happen again!
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:51:25 PM

Sc0rch3d wrote:

you are right steve....and i am guilty for not showing, it was intentional. I read between the lines 2 wks ago and knew that it simply wouldnt matter wether i showed or not...... I WAS RIGHT!  Now, If that sounds backwards to anyone, thats because it is...... we have a system that makes me feel that way..... anyone agree with that? You would think with this topic having 2/3 the amount of posts in 1 month that the entire 09 ccs thread had all yr that it wouldve been handled with a little more finesse.

here's a point to consider......if any one person has the power to make decisions like "chuck the novice card and points series" I would have certainly felt a bit more comfortable if  that person were more involved in our lengthy, thought provoking thread .....wether we are right or wrong. I know Dave reads this thread, yet no comments were made? Nothin personal, it is what it is........and i respect the decision wether i like it or not. I appreciate all that is done and also know, as ive said b4, that i will learn more as time passes.....in the mean time, im not going to be affraid to speak my mind. I wont appologize for running a "green horn"  fever for this sport.....its a fever. I will def glance back and laugh at some of the things that seemed so imprtnt to me now, i know this. What i WILL do..... is continue to support new people and thank the seasoned plyrs for putting up with us.

It's good to have people like you and Erik join the club and the sport. I don't know this for sure, and I don't claim to speak for Dave, but getting involved in posting on this forum usually does more harm than good (for club officers). I can say that although I don't agree with how things were handled ( I believe it should have been voted on), the officers have the best interest of the club in mind. If you want change then step up. Apparently there was discussion about someone stepping up and taking over for course challenge coordinator, but no one did. It's easy for people to be keyboard toughguys, but when it comes time to do it where are they? I'm not calling you or Erik out, but if you want change then you need to back up the talk with action. 
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:02:26 PM

Phil Miller wrote:

It's good to have people like you and Erik join the club and the sport. I don't know this for sure, and I don't claim to speak for Dave, but getting involved in posting on this forum usually does more harm than good (for club officers). I can say that although I don't agree with how things were handled ( I believe it should have been voted on), the officers have the best interest of the club in mind. If you want change then step up. Apparently there was discussion about someone stepping up and taking over for course challenge coordinator, but no one did. It's easy for people to be keyboard toughguys, but when it comes time to do it where are they? I'm not calling you or Erik out, but if you want change then you need to back up the talk with action. 

i agree 110% phill. I was floored when i heard tht noone wntd to do that.....it deflates every point that was trying to be made. its almost funny.........but id rather sulk for a fewdumb

brb, sulking

ok, added note here.....is the position of cc coordinator still open?
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:37:19 PM

Scorched. 
If you want to be the CCS Director, Help run a couple of ccs events this year so you can see what is involved, than run for the position at the end of the year meeting  and you get the title for next year.

Good luck to all this year!

Use The Nuke For Distance!

NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:39:29 PM

It's an appointed position & yes it's taken.
perica
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:55:14 PM

Erik, I'm not quite sure how your pie chart accounts for people that played in different divisions at certain course challenges.

And to continue beating this horse ---- why was advanced women and novice women allowed?  The CCS page clearly does not mention these divisions.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:01:00 PM

Sc0rch3d
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:01:43 PM

matthew_blakely wrote:
Scorched. 
If you want to be the CCS Director, Help run a couple of ccs events this year so you can see what is involved, than run for the position at the end of the year meeting  and you get the title for next year.

Good luck to all this year!

Use The Nuke For Distance!

i wasnt asking about the position for me....i just heard noone stepped up and wasnt sure what that meant exactly. Thought maybe because of ensuing weather that a # of people that would have liked to do it wouldnt have made it....or for other reasons. If it were still open i was gonna suggest  that scouting for a person here on the thread where its all discussed might have easily filled the position, thts all. I would def like to be of service at any and all ccs challenges this yr. Whatever i can do for now......i will know later wether it would best serve the club by me doing anything other than showing up. But i do try to help w tourny materials to and from vehicles and break down tbls, and hang signs n such. im trying
Sc0rch3d
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:05:54 PM

NEngle wrote:

i really am sry for dubl posting , but this right here had me on the floor......literally
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:37:34 PM

StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 9:07:42 PM

2Timer wrote:
Why don't we all just play open...there is this cute red head that can't wait for us!

Is this the lead Open card with the cute red head ??

perica
Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 10:45:13 PM

the cute one usually isn't on the lead card
Erik
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:16:53 AM

Phil Miller wrote:

When you have 3 kids under 7 and a wife that works nights then you can talk **** to me about showing up at club meetings. My family comes first.

Talk Sh!t?  Please.  You need to lighten up if you think that is talking sh!t… Your presence was missed at the meeting  That’s all.  Obviously I know sh!t comes up.  THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE POST…..  I thought that would be clear when it started by saying “Many people have conflicts with school or other obligations.”  Peace out.

Phil Miller wrote:
I'm not calling you or Erik out, but if you want change then you need to back up the talk with action. 
  I came out and voiced my opinions.  I am not opposed to running anything.  I signed up to TD a CCS.  I don’t think anyone should support someone who has no business running it.  So I am just making sure I have experience to justify playing a more important role in the future.  So continue calling me out.  Or better yet, provide input on what I could do better.

matthew_blakely wrote:
Scorched. 

Exactly. 

perica wrote:
Erik, I'm not quite sure how your pie chart accounts for people that played in different divisions at certain course challenges.

It accounts for every registration so on any given tournament or year it will differentiate between the divisions they might have registered.  In your case, you said you play Open except for Idlewild.  So you would count as 8 Open registrations and 1 Advanced (I assume).

And I agree…. 

Who cares about the gulgamacks! 

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

andersab
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:31:04 AM

Erik wrote:
Or better yet, provide input on what I could do better.

Make more charts and graphs, we'll vote for you as the next Ross Perot.