Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2010 GCFDA Spring League Options
EXMONEY@HARBIN
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:30:12 AM

I saw DWRIGHT, wrote something about this starting up soon, and im intersted in playing in it. But i dont know anything about it. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what kind of schedule this is ran under, as far as what days, and what courses!
I know you may not have everything set in stone, but id like to get an idea of what im getting into!
Thanks for anyones help!
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:48:10 AM

Leagues are every WED at 6:30 pm. We decide courses at the first meeting. As far as the particulars. This is a handicap league based on average. New players will need to qualify by showing up for at least 3 league days so we can establish an average for them. Players are grouped by 2 man teams. Each team consists of an A and B player. Average will determine which side you will play on. We have A players (lower averages) B playes (higher averages). Partners are drawn randomly. A players play A players. B Players play B players. The team with the most points at the end of the league wins. This is a great way to get into competitive play in a relaxed envrionment. Cost is $12 for Club members $15 for non club members. Money goes to pay for prizes and food for the league party. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Erik
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 12:03:25 PM

Wednesday night leagues are the bomb. People say tournaments, draw double’s, or bag tags are great places to learn and improve your game. This might be true, but paying $5 per “lesson” can get expensive. In the end, Wednesday night leagues are one of the best options for people on a budget. As listed above, you have to come out at least 3 times to “qualify.” You can come out more if you like, it does not cost anything to qualify and the more you come out, the more accurate your average will be. If you decide Wednesday Night Leagues is something you want to do, then sign up for the following season. Its low cost is appealing to many during these rough economic times. It is probably your best “bang for your buck” when it comes to any organized event. It is also casual enough so new players are not discouraged. Also a very nice way to go to new courses too!
Addicted_to_Rocs
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 10:17:49 AM

Where is the league at this Wednesday?
Erik
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 11:14:13 AM

Addicted_to_Rocs wrote:
Where is the league at this Wednesday?

We are meeting at Harbin this Wednesday (March 17th) to vote on the schedule for spring leagues.  The first week will start the following Wednesday.
slg6218
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 12:56:18 PM

Typically, how many weeks make up the spring league? I am interested in qualifying for the summer league, and was wondering how many weeks I have to get my 3 rounds in for qualifying? If we decide to attend for a qualifying round, do we just PM Phil ahead of time? I am posting these questions here, because there may be others with similar questions. Sounds like a great time. I live in N KY and usually stick to AJ, Lincoln, or Idlewild, so it will be a great chance to play some other courses.
Erik
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 2:30:49 PM

The more questions the better. The number of weeks depends on how many players there are in that league session. Two years ago spring leagues were 11 weeks long and last year they were 9 weeks long. So plenty of weeks to get in your qualifying.

As for when you decide to qualify, just show up where we are playing. The schedule of spring leagues will be decided on Wednesday and will be posted on the forum. Then just show up at that course which we are playing. Try to get there a little early if possible to let league members know you are qualifying. Other than that, nothing else is really needed. Qualify 3 times or more. It is a great way to get the feel for leagues without committing or paying for it.
Billy Page
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:09:43 AM

is there going to be a summer league? if so, when does it start and it the list of spring leagues dates and courses up yet?
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:22:17 AM

Yes there will be a Summer league. You will need to qualify by showing up for at least 3 events so we can get an average for you.We have 5 weeks left of Spring league so you can qualify now in time for Summer. We are playing Turtlecreek tonight at 6:30 pm. Then next we have Harbin,Monroe,Gulley,Mt Airy and Idlewild (shorts). We start promptly at 6:30 but I would be there earlier if you can.
Billy Page
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 10:40:37 PM

So is there still time to qualify? If I'm reading this right, I can come to Monroe this upcoming wednesday, 12th? Gulley the week after that 19th and Mt. Airy the following26th?
Phil Miller
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 8:26:13 AM

Yep. you just need to show up 3 times.
StorminSteve
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 9:57:44 PM

Phil Me and the kid are interested in playing the summer . Can you call me or pm me. Have some questions. Thanks
Billy Page
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:12:26 AM

Will we still play this Wednesday if it's raining/storming?
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:38:15 AM

We play in light rain. If there is a downpour or lightning we will not play.