Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Fairfield Township Community Park (FTCP) - 9 Hole course Options
kmaupin
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:10:45 AM

I visited this course yesterday and I just wanted to give an update.

The tee signs have been installed so it is much easier to navigate the course!  That makes a huge difference!

The course is wet, so wear appropriate shoes that you don't mind getting muddy.  The course is very playable but take a towel with you to wipe off your discs.

I found this course near unplayable during the fall with the dense foliage swallowing discs under dense large leaf weeds but now it is very clear . They have mulch down on 5 of the 9 holes but the back 4 are very sloppy.

I haven't spoken to Skylor (Township Administrator) to see if they have any plans to work on hole 6 which has a creek running through the middle of it and is the muddiest part of the course, it doesn't swallow discs but it does make for wet feet if you don't find a way through it. angry

I didn't have a camera or note pad to take down the distances but I will get them soon.

Thanks,
Kelly
I3u6sIe
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 1:22:15 AM

Is this the couse that is at the elementary school?
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:13:55 AM

I3u6sIe wrote:
Is this the couse that is at the elementary school?

Yes, this park is at the corner of Millikin and Morris Road, park between the Fire department and Fairfield North Elementary, the parking lot is accessible from the school's driveway.

I3u6sIe
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 3:57:12 PM

I used to play this course every day b/c I lived about a mile away from there for 7 months. I mainly just putted here simply because the course really doesnt give you any shots. I shoot better at Idlewild than I do at this course lol. Its tough to explain but I felt like there were no possible ways to deuce a few of those holes when they are only 200 feet. There is no possible access to the basket on your tee shot with 3 or 4 of the holes. But none the less its not bad if you need to work on upshots and some tight lies. And believe it or not, I lost a buzzz on 7. Turned over just a little much and never found it =(
NEngle
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 8:47:54 PM

Last time I played there it felt as if there were more routes on some holes. Some holes still feel as if the 100' shot is the best & that's not much fun.
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:57:56 AM

Played there Saturday and I have to say that it could be good if there was some more work put in. It has good bones: tee signs,baskets but the fairways aren't logically laid out and you pretty much have to get lucky on shots because there is no defined route. The rough is rough. There are thorns everywhere, even in the fairway. Again this could be a great course if we had someone up there get with the park and set up some work days.
BTBAM
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 8:43:28 AM

Played here yesterday. It took us awhile to find our discs on several occasions, but overall we really enjoyed the layout and the challenge of the course. I almost wonder if it would stay as challenging without all the overgrowth! Some pretty tough shots, but it really helps you learn to play according to what the course gives you. I'd love to see it cleared up a bit, but again overall, I thought it was a great, tight, course to practice on.
T_Vincent
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 12:19:09 PM

Leagues played here before all the overgrowth. Many four letter words were muttered. Quite challenging.
devilsfan.john
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 12:28:00 PM

Four letter words were SCREAMED! that night....*shudder*
kmaupin
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 8:39:48 AM

Visited the course last night, fall makes this course much better as the rough thins out quite a bit. I may get up there on Sunday and do some work as hole 5, the pad is being swallowed by honeysuckle.

Hole #8 is by far the worst hole there and needs a fairway of some kind.

The signage was still up and hole 3 had the honeysuckle in the middle of the fairway chopped off about three feet from the ground so you have a fairway. I consider these to be a major plus.

I still recommend a spotter on #7 as the rough here is the worst on the course.

I will be playing here more with the season change.
kmaupin
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 10:52:55 PM

Visited the course tonight and the over growth is insane, they really need to remove the honeysuckle and go from there, they are mowing fairways but lord help you if you go off at all, and the fairways are 15' wide. Can't recommend this place in it's current condition.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 9:40:31 AM

Thanks Kelly for the update. Is there anyone that lives close that would be willing to get involved and work with them on these issues? Basically we could use a course pro to act as the liaison between the Club and the Park department. Contact me directly for details please. 513-255-7275
classicchad
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 12:12:57 AM

me and some friends went here for the first time today..but had trouble locating the exact area where to park..we ended up parking in the school and walking to the first hole we seen which was hole 4..seems like there is a lot of overgrowth and poison ivy