Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Monday night Pro Clinic at Mt.Airy DGC Options
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:20:26 PM

I plan on running a Pro Clinic every Monday night from 5pm till 6pm at Mt.Airy DGC.
We will probably start off back at the Nati Pro shop and go from there.
I am calling out to all our local Pro's that are willing to sacrifice some of their time to help me in this endeavor.
I am hoping to come up with a schedule of atleast 2 Pro's plus myself per week.
If  we are lucky enough to have enough volunteers for this, scheduling should be a breeze.
I do not plan on charging people for lessons but we will be asking for donations which will go towards course renovations.
We will meet prior to the start to discuss fundamental teaching ideas and such.

For now we are renovating Mt.Airy DGC, after which we will focus on another local course.
And hopefully this will continue on so that no course gets left behind.
Anyone in need of some good Karma, here's a chance.
More to come soon, if interested please contact me soon.
Adam Jones, Mt.Airy DGC Course Pro
513-255-7275
adamj27655@yahoo.com

AdamJ
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 9:17:48 AM

Still looking for local Pro's to help me teach the sport to those that want to learn.
Spread the word guys.
drx49er
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 1:52:37 PM

I think this is an awesome idea, Adam. I know my game is in serious need. Let's hope other local pros have your good intentions!
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 4:26:56 PM

Whenever I have it off my Mon. evenings are yours, Mr. Jones.
nienaber
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 4:30:32 PM

yeah i think this idea is fantastic i won't be able to ever be there at 5...think maybe towards summer you could do it at 6?
Liz
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 8:11:41 PM

I wouldn't mind helping out with this. I'm thinking we could piggy back on the women's league, which will be Mondays at Mt Airy - do the clinic at 5, and start the women's play at 6 - how does that sound?
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:52:56 AM

Liz, that's exactly what I wanted to plan for, this way we can help each other.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:17:05 AM

We will be starting the Pro Clinic at Mt.Airy next Monday the 3rd of May.
All those interested in helping me please call 513-255-7275
All those that want to learn or improve your game,
Be at the Nati Pro Shop at 5pm May 3rd.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 8:00:00 AM

See ya's later today for our first Pro Clinic.
2Timer
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 1:58:16 PM

Women's league starts tonight at 6 right after the pro clinic..........
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 11:11:10 AM

Just a reminder, Mondays from 5-6pm Pro Clinic for those that want to improve their game.
Tell your buddies, bring a friend. No cash needed but donations are gladly excepted.
Meet at the Nati Pros shop and look or ask for me, Adam "Pacman" Jones.
Have a happy Mothers Day.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 12:41:25 PM

what exactly do you help with during pro clinics..?
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 2:56:09 PM

NatiBuckeye wrote:
what exactly do you help with during pro clinics..?

Show up and find out.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 4:04:39 PM

AdamJ wrote:

Show up and find out.

its a pretty long drive... i think you would get a good turnout from people in the burbs if you would explain what you can help with.  For example I can practice putting on my own so im not going to "show up and find out" something i already know 
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 5:12:48 AM

Ok, let me put it this way, I have been playing DG for over 15 years, and have been teaching local friends the fundamentals of play from proper form and technique, rules of play, proper etiquette on and off the field etc, etc. Just about every aspect of the game their is. I can understand that you may not want to make the trip from the west side of town, then I ask you, is any help or chance to improve really worth it to ya?

I am considering to further help others after 6pm by playing a round with them and watching and evaluating their play and helping along the way if that would interest you to make the trip. Hope to see ya there bud.

" If you haven't learned something knew each time you play, then you probably weren't paying enough attention to your play." something I believe in.

Ciyas at the Nati at 5.
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:46:37 PM

NatiBuckeye wrote:

its a pretty long drive... i think you would get a good turnout from people in the burbs if you would explain what you can help with.  For example I can practice putting on my own so im not going to "show up and find out" something i already know 

Geez the guy is donating his time to help people with their game and gets a smart ass comment like that in return. He's not charging anything. If you want to show up you may learn something if not you will have an option to play one of the best courses in the area. 
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 4:09:17 PM

I asked an honest question and was told, "show up and find out." Whats more smart ass than that? My response illustrated my concers for showing up to an event that has little detail provided for it. I was now given enough detail to make an educated decision on participating, and informing others about it. I feel others probably feel the same given the additional information that has been provided from my question and response.    Nothing more was meant by any of my posts.
Phil Miller
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 8:11:56 PM

yfg
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:17:30 AM

I'm sorry Andrew if I sounded like a smart ass but that was not my intention. If you knew me better you would get the humor of my post before, no hard feelings. Since no one showed the first week and just one person last nite which I kinda thought would happen I am just trying this out to see if people would be interested in the event. In the future I may hold these clinics at different course around the city, just for now I'm sticking with Airy for the trial run. I will be more organized and detailed in my posts in the future, thanks for your input and hope you can make it to one sometime.
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:50:32 AM

FYI, I was there last night to help Adam. Here's just a few of the things covered: driving backhand, run-up, putting from short and long range, up shots, different grips, how to get a little more flat putt without altering your own putting style, choosing the right disc, turbo putting, and how to maintain your cool while playing. I missed the first twenty minutes but, there is no limit to what you can learn having somebody with knowledge watch your throws(great net provided) and give you feedback. Give it a try folks! We do play a round afterwards.
slg6218
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:32:10 AM

Just a suggestion, but how about one of these before a Course Challenge, say from 8-9am. This would fill up the time before and after registering. There would be lots of Rec players that could use the guidance.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:37:15 AM

slg6218 wrote:
Just a suggestion, but how about one of these before a Course Challenge, say from 8-9am. This would fill up the time before and after registering. There would be lots of Rec players that could use the guidance.

That is a good idea.
greenhills
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:38:57 AM

nienaber wrote:
yeah i think this idea is fantastic i won't be able to ever be there at 5...think maybe towards summer you could do it at 6?

I think it as great thing to offer and I am very interested in getting some help with my game.  But, 5:00 is a little too early for me to get there.  Traffic that time of day can be tough.  Maybe I can do the 6:00 play a round and get some help thing...
slg6218
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:58:54 AM

If you could get 3 or 4 pros to each demonstrate and answer questions about a different topic; grip, putting, and forehand , for example, on different holes, novice players could move from hole to hole, depending on their interests. It may not provide the hands on scenario that the Monday night forum provides, but it could get more novice players interested in coming out for more intense training on Mondays. You might as well put that 8-9 time slot to good use. And, you could still pass the hat around to raise money for course improvements.
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:40:48 PM

I like that idea slq.
Before a tournament may not be the best time for pros. We usually have a pre-tourney routine even before the CCS. Maybe, after the event would be better.

I think the roving idea Adam had was the best solution.