Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Bluegrass Open Options
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:21:12 AM

Just curious in the minutes from the meeting they mention having the old bullseye holes? what are the bullseye holes?
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:14:28 PM

In the early days of the BGO, before LR/Banklick was 24 holes, we had our own 24 holes and included in it was a hole over the back lake that teed off from the second front shelter by the playground and the basket was placed at the corner of the lake just past the water, so you had OB water and OB road. For a couple of the tournaments we had a "bullseye" painted around the basket and you got points for getting inside the different rings 1-5 I believe, 5 being a bullseye. Great hole, great fun, great heartaches for some. If we play it, it will only be for Pros.

topherb
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:24:14 PM

for pros only boooooo
andersab
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:28:36 PM

Anybody can signup for pro...
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:50:13 PM

Sounds like fun if i could play with out the membership I would be there.
perica
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:16:42 PM

Well you could just say that you're someone else that is a pdga member and use their number.  Just make sure that you don't use someone that is local - go for somebody like Ken Climo or Barry Schultz.  They'd love that come ratings update time.
devil
discndat
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:58:14 PM

Come join us for the 11th Annual Disc ‘n Dat Bluegrass Open A-Tier Tournament. Pros play 2 rounds at Idlewild (longs) and 2 rounds at Banklick 24. Amateurs play 2 rounds at Idlewild (shorts) and 2 rounds at Banklick 24. Awards at Idlewild on Sunday afternoon. For further information or to register, go here:
  2010 Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open 
You can register online, pay by phone, by mail or stop in the store. Online, Phone and Credit Card payments: $2 processing fee per entry will be added.
  Men’s Open Pro Division………………........................…$94
All other Pro Divisions: Masters, Grandmasters, Women………$74
Advanced Divisions: Men, Women, Masters, Grandmasters………………$54
Intermediate Amateur Divisions: Men, Women…………………………………..$44
Must be a Current PDGA Member to enter
***Must have 4 players to have a division except for women’s divisions***
No Saturday Signups
Check in and Friday Registration (if spots are available) at Idlewild   5 – 7:30 p.m.
Player’s Meeting at each course.
Ams at Idlewild Short Tees Saturday 6/5 Players Meeting 8:30-8:45, Tee-off 9:00 a.m.
Pro Divisions Banklick 24  Saturday 6/5 Players Meeting 9:30 a.m. 
2nd Round Tee Times TBA
Sunday Tee times TBA – Ams Banklick 24 in AM, Banklick 24 in PM; Pros at Idlewild Longs in AM, Idlewild Longs PM
Madmike
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:11:48 PM

i sure wish i could play this dan!
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:52:20 PM

Why can't you make it Mike?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:18:13 PM

Ok, the BGO Tourney Team is in full gear and getting things ready for you. This is the 11th Annual Bluegrass Open, so we are really working on getting more $ for both the Pro payout and the Am Players Package and payout than ever before and most of you know we have always had great payouts and players packs.  We are offering Individual Supporter Tee Signs (corrugated plastic ones that you get to keep after the tourney) for $20. Commercial Tee Signs are $40. We've also got a few tee-shirt openings left for sponsors at $50 each for individuals or businesses. Let us know as soon as you can.

We also have the following available:
Title Sponsor
Course Sponsor spot available for Idlewild. The GCFDA is sponsoring Lincoln Ridge.
1 Scorecard Sponsor spot available
Banner Sponsors - supply your own banner

For more information about these, other opportunities and what you get for your sponsorship, call us at 859.371.3668.

discndat
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:34:49 PM

The Current Registration List is up and I'm ready to keep it updated now. So bring on those registrations. Am Players Pack is an Innova Custom Stamped Premium disc, Discraft Custom Stamped Premium disc, Tee shirt and more on it's way.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:17:41 PM

Out of curiosity why is there not a Rec Division?
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:23:21 PM

It's an A-Tier Tournament and we have filled almost every year with Advanced and Intermediate. We have decided not to add another course.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:40:30 PM

Dan, I am interested in sponsoring Idlewild but did not see a flyer with info on costs for sponsors. If it is reasonable I can do it but would insist on playing Idle"wild" at it's toughest setting for the pro division. Can you post on here how much the cost would be?
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 10:38:02 PM

Gotta love a conditional sponsorship offer.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:01:36 PM

Come on Liz, don't be a hater. I'm assuming it's going to be quite a bit of money and if you don't want to consider my conditions(challenge the open players to the max) maybe you should put up your own money to play a half ass course...... I've never heard of any tournament director turning down sponsorship "money" just because they didn't like the lay out of the course. I would guarantee that the pros would come for the challege.
alexh
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:30:57 AM

I don't think there is any layout in Idlewild that would make it even close to being "half-ass".... It's Idlewild- give it some respect!
woottebs
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:08:57 AM

there is a huge difference between the two setups, and I'm with Fred, last year's idle'mild' was a bit boring. also, let AM1 play longs!
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:38:44 AM

I've never known Fred to be affected by conditions, just teasing. If AMs want longs then move up,heh, heh, heh. Can't wait for DnD! I'm trying to get some folks down here from Michigan. It looks like two, so far, Mike Raley(forehand master) and a cat from Traverse City.
perica
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:04:34 PM

Fred Salaz wrote:
I've never heard of any tournament director turning down sponsorship "money" just because they didn't like the lay out of the course.

Have you ever heard of a TD accepting sponsorship money on the condition that they alter the course?  It just seems like such an odd proposal and you're acting like this is normal.  Whether TDs accept or turn down such offers is a bs question if no one ever brings up conditional sponsorships.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 1:42:10 PM

First off, the only person that has any say about any tournament is the TD and only the TD.
Fred, you should have contacted Dan personally and not use this message board for info like this, We all should try to be more professional with matters like this. ps. hope you are enjoying your vacation and that nasty oil spill doesn't effect it for ya.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and suggestions can be very useful, but keep in mind just because you offer advice does not mean they have to heed said advice and you should have respect for those regardless of what they say and feel.
GIES2525
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 2:05:49 PM

You can call idlewild whatever you want to call it, but boring? I dont care if you play from the ladies tees there, if your bored with that course, you play to much disc golf!!! Or you cant handle idle"mild"...
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 4:13:08 PM

Ok, I really appreciate everyone's opinion on the Idlewild course. But if possible, could you switch that discussion to either the Idlewild course thread or an Idlewild vs. Idlemild thread. I really would like to keep this thread about the tournament. There has been a team of people, not just myself, who have been working on this tournament for a year now and we are all trying to make this an "A-Tier" tournament and, be the best tournament you will play this year. We won't do everything the way each one of you wants, but you should, at the end of the weekend of tournament play, come away very pleased with the tournament, tired but pleased. We will do our best to make that happen. Any questions or comments about the tournament can be expressed to me by phone 859.371.3668. I pass on all comments to the BGO Tourney Team - I am the TD but I have a Co-TD and a group of people who I use to make the decisions. I don't make them unilaterally.
StorminSteve
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:22:45 PM

Dan kept up the great work that you do for the disc golf community !! Most people appreicate what you do !!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:15:24 PM

Thanks to everyone for their support. We have some big news to announce.

Co-Sponsored by Buffalo Bob's Restaurant

Yes, that's right, we now have a Co-Sponsor for the Disc 'n Dat Bluegrass Open. We want to thank Bill Crawford of Buffalo Bob's for his sponsorship and encourage everyone to support them by eating there whenever you can. They have one restaurant that is very close to Lincoln Ridge in Independence. Directions: www.mapquest.com/maps and another location in Florence/Mt. Zion www.mapquest.com/maps Please make sure to let your waitress or someone working there that you are a disc golfer and/or supporter of the Bluegrass Open Disc Golf Tournament. We have some $5 Off coupons and Customer Loyalty Cards at the store here for anyone who would like to use them - just ask. Buffalo Bob's Website.  Please support all of our sponsors.