Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Pro Program Options
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 11:15:49 AM

I have been meaning to get this started for awhile so here goes.

The GCFDA is looking for those individuals that are willing and able to become/volunteer to be Course Pro's for their Local/Home course.
I have been delegated to oversee this as a Course Pro Coordinator.
Anyone interested in joining me and others in this program please contact me personally for more information.
I will help you with getting started and such.

2010 is going to be a year of action and I see huge results in our future. I can't do this on my own and will need anyone and everyone's support. in many ways, so please help me, the club, and your fellow disc golfers. Together we can do it.
nienaber
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 1:14:22 PM

I bet Tim Bretland would be a Course Amateur Coordinator at Monroe...he practically lives there anyway

AdamJ
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 7:40:33 AM

Ok, you mean to tell me that there is no one else out there that is interested in being a course pro for their local course?
I consistently hear from people that we should do this or should do that, etc. Here's your chance to take some responsibility and give back to the sport that has given you so much in return. Call me personally for more info on this program at 513-255-7275.

After this year We will be renovating another course and I will start the planning stages for this mid summer.
gw0904
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 9:07:46 AM

Adam - you might get more response if you briefly outlined a "job description" for course pro, along with qualifications. For example, do you have to be a pro-level (or even high-level am) player? If so, then I would think course pro would be largely in name only (not requiring regular appearances or coordinating events) since top players generally have full schedules with tournaments and such.

However, if the job is more hands-on, then calling it something other than course pro (course representative?) might help. Most of us sub-950 rated players would not be comfortable being referred to as a course pro.

Personally, I'd like to make some contribution at my home course (Turtlecreek), but with a stressful job and playing a lot of ball golf in addition to disc golf, my time is unfortunately quite limited. Also, I'm nowhere near being considered a pro. I'd consider signing on as a backup to the course representative.

Not much help I'm sure, but I recognize and appreciate your efforts here so I thought I'd offer my two cents worth...
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:42:34 AM

That's why I posted call me if interested, I didn't want to post the qualifications because it would turn away too many.
Just because your not a Professional level player doesn't exact;y mean you can't be a course pro.
If your willing to make sacrifices and take time to spend doing all you can for your local course, then I may have a spot for ya.
Much easier to discuss in person or by phone rather than this board. Spread the word for me since there are still a lot of people that don't like to stay current with our website.

thanks for the response. ciyas around.