Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

new photos for harbin course Options
indianawolf
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:24:14 PM

i am new to this site but not to cincinnati disc golf courses i have noticed that some of the photos of the cources are out dated so i am going to take photos of the tees and other pics of local courses. so my ? is how do i upload new photos to the site (woof)

T_Vincent
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:43:19 PM

You would not be updating the pages. After the pics are taken you send them to the web admin and they will set up the new pages. Which other courses were you thinking of doing.
indianawolf
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 10:39:04 AM

i have new photos of harbin park
indianawolf
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:13:24 AM

can you tell me who is the admin to send them to
T_Vincent
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2010 12:20:05 PM

There are a few people that work on the web site. Send the zipped folder of pictures to webadmin (at) cincinnatidiscgolf.com
mikekem
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 1:29:56 PM

I'd like to thank Kelly Maupin and Brian Wolfzorn for giving the site photos of Fairfield Township and Harbin.   They can be seen on their respective pages under courses.

I'd also like to offer anyone who is considering contributing photos to the site advice.
  • overly large photos must be reduced in size, 10mb photos are not suitable for a website.  The lowest setting on your digital camera is probably best.
  • 1000px by whatever is probably the limit of what can be displayed on the website.  So again pick the correct setting on your camera when possible.
  • I think landscape pictures work best for disc golf. That means make your pictures horizontally wide, not vertical tall. 
  • A bright sunny day is best for taking course pictures, also I think courses look best when the grass is freshly mowed.
  • Tell the story of the hole with your camera.  If the baskent isn't visible from tee, take a "2nd Shot" picture and possibly a picture of the basket if it is just a speck in the "Tee" picture. See the Monroe pictures for example, Tony Vincent did this well.
  • Keep the hole the main theme of the picture.  Keep non static things such as people and cars out of your pictures as much as possible.
  • Be consistent.  If you start taking pictures from middle of tee box then continue to do that throughout the entire course. 
  • Take pictures of the tee signs straight on these can be cropped on later to tee shots.  Again be consistent.
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Name your pictures for me.  This takes so much time for me to do. Use a system like I do. For a Tee shot use: cousename-hole#-spot.jpg ie mtairy17tee.jpg or for a basket: mtairy16bkt.jpg or mtairy15sign no spaces.
For those with photoshop abilites you can crop the tee signs and place them in the "Tee" picture.  See Monroe pictures for example.  Tony Vincent did an excellent job on these.

AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 2:59:46 PM

Mike, sent ya email bout the Airy photos,.

Nice work Kelly and Brian.

I to was planning on updating our local courses photos. Like to get a before and after photos as we renovate other courses.

mikekem
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:47:54 PM

I'd like to thank Tony for providing more pictures. Some of which included Thompson Park Hole and Course Map pictures.