Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Millikin Woods Park One Day Temporary Disc Golf Course Options
greenhills
Posted: Monday, June 07, 2010 4:15:26 PM

I ran into Hank over the weekend and he was pretty excited about a big event this Saturday June 12th.
He is setting up a temporary disc golf course at MIllikin Woods Park in Hamilton.  He is trying to show the city officials that there is enough interest to turn this into a permanent course.

Please stop by on Saturday and play a round or two.   

Millikin Woods Park (Hamilton, OH)
One Day Temporary Disc Golf Course Sponsored by Sweetees Disc Golf

Saturday June 12th
Open to the Public
10:00 AM-8:00 PM
Please come and show your support for a permanent course. Bring all your friends.

Canned Food Donations Will be Accepted (but not required)for Shared Harvest Food Bank Day of Event.

Maps
can be picked up Sweetees Disc Golf Shopon Saturday
disc golfer girl
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:52:22 PM

Thanks for the post. I have been trying to get in here to do this as well. Much appreciated. We have mainly been handing out flyers and word of mouth so this is helpful as well. Any questions call 858-3472.
BTBAM
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:50:29 PM

Sounds great, hoping to make it out.
agentdozzer
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:46:48 PM

So what type of course should I prepare for, a par 54? I was gonna take the wife to Mason Sports complex but this sounds like more fun. Basically I was wondering if its woods open how and how long are the longest holes. Dont want to take the nuke if I wont need it.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:10:31 AM

Due to weather conditions today an alternate date will be posted for this event to be rescheduled. Hank is going out to catch anyone who shows up today. WE will be posting an alternate time once we have scheduled with the Hamilton City Parks department.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:09:32 PM

Just confirmed today with Hamilton City Parks we will be able to go out and set up now on Saturday 6/19 for Millikin Woods Park in Hamilton. It will be same format 10am - 8pm. Temporary course set up for play. Call Sweetees Disc Golf Shop 858-3472 with any questions.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:11:28 PM

The course has some open shots but lots of trees for some interesting play. We want to try out this layout and see what everyone thinks. If there is enough interest and there seems to be already we will hopefully be getting this as a permanent course.
Madmike
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:32:42 PM

Why not finish the one course before tryin to start another? not tryin to be mean about it but if Hank is tryin to get this one into the ground before Houston is done just does not make good sense
BTBAM
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:01:34 PM

Who all stopped in this morning? My friend Kyle and I were some of the first people there, while Hank was setting up the front 9 still. Had to take off before the back 9 were placed, would love to hear more about hos it goes.
greenhills
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:24:12 AM

Thanks to Hank and the guys that helped him setup the course.  It was a pretty sweet course that was laid out all over the park, on both sides of the road.  We had a great time playing there yesterday.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 8:21:45 PM

The event was a success. We had 40+ people to show up and try out the temporary course. A special thanks to Steve Spencer and family, Brandon, John and Cyrus for their help the day of the event. Not only was there good feedback from the participants on the course, but the local residents that were out enjoying the playground and shelter facilities. They were impressed with how the course play did not impose on their activities whatsoever. Not only did they find disc golf non intrusive but they found it conducive toward making the park better overall.

Since Hank's initial meeting with Hamilton City Parks back in November of 2008 Hank has focused on Hueston Woods solely. If the course is placed at Millikin Woods, it will be the final piece of the Northern Lights Loop which will include Harbin Park, Fairfield Twp., Millikin Woods, Thompson Park, Hueston Woods,and Oxford. With the proximity as well as caliber of course this should be an outstanding area for disc both amateur and professional disc golf play.
greenhills
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 7:59:31 AM

The Millikin Woods course will be setup again this Sunday July 25th from 10:00 to 8:00
I hope to see a good turnout again...
GIES2525
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 9:45:44 AM

Do they plan on still setting this course up today?
greenhills
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:16:57 PM

It is still on according to the Sweet Tees Facebook page
Jay Dub
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:11:11 PM

We played this course today. Nice easy walk, holes are decent, the course has a lot of potential.
I have only one concern with today's layout. #15 basket was about 40 feet from a swing set, if a righty got an ace run off and missed, the disc would be under the swings if not past them. Even as a temp course that's not good. But because it's a temp course it can be easily moved.

Nice job, Hank. and Thanks!