Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Williamsburg needs clubs help Options
Dizk Golfur
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 9:32:27 PM

A new topic for the July Club meeting.

The Williamsburg course has gone too long without being completed. Its a really nice course that has great lawn maintenance and is alot of fun to play. I think we could have some really good tourneys there. From what I have heard there is alot more available land to expand upon in the future. We need 7-8 tee pads, some bridge + bench repairs, trash cans and a new individual to be the course pro/park contact thats actual going to do some positive work for the park. Troy is preparing to go in front of the Williamsburg council meeting on the 23rd of this month to be the new park pro and im ready to do work on the repairs and tee pads. Plus we have plenty of volunteers that want to assist. Is there anything that the club, Disc n Dat and The Nati disc golf could do in the way of guidance and possibly letters of reference for Troy? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 
Bill N. 513-265-1981
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:23:03 AM

Since I am the current course pro who has done nothing positive for the park........oh except help design the current layout and spend many hours clearing and picking up garbage I would be willing to pass that onto Troy with no problems since he is so close to the course and is willing to take over!
Liz
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:59:58 AM

Dave - Bill was under the impression Chris Clark was still the course pro out there. easy tiger...
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:33:26 AM

Chris fell on hard times with a divorce and unemployment. And for the people that don't like Chris Clark.....if it weren't for him you would be playing in a waist high field on a crappy 9 holer. Chris went out and and got sponsors for every hole so that baskets could be purchased, put in new tee signs and what tee pads there are while using all of his own equipment to do it. His divorce kept him from being able to finish out there.
ccs
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:50:45 PM

2Timer wrote:
Chris fell on hard times with a divorce and unemployment. And for the people that don't like Chris Clark.....if it weren't for him you would be playing in a waist high field on a crappy 9 holer. Chris went out and and got sponsors for every hole so that baskets could be purchased, put in new tee signs and what tee pads there are while using all of his own equipment to do it. His divorce kept him from being able to finish out there.

This course could have been finished with the funds raised long before the divorce or unemployment.
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:43:08 PM

ccs wrote:

This course could have been finished with the funds raised long before the divorce or unemployment.

And since you were involved in the everyday aspects of the course who would know better than you!
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:45:35 PM

Look, we all know there is a lot more to the whole history or story of the course, but regardless, we should all focus on getting this finished and done correctly. If Cox is willing to take the responsibility I am willing to help get things organized. Just takes a few simple phone calls or emails. Let's not make this more difficult than it has to be.
ccs
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:51:39 AM

2Timer wrote:

And since you were involved in the everyday aspects of the course who would know better than you!

There was a good group of people working on Williamsburg, it's a shame things turned out like they did
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:48:54 AM

I think we all know some shady stuff was happening there. People and Vendors have been burned by Chris before. That being said let's try to move forward and do what's best for the course and the sport. Arguing about who did what and when gets us nothing. Maybe Dave and Troy can work on this together. Put together some work days and get people to show up.
2Timer
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 9:49:03 AM

Yeah it seems the sport has really picked up in the Wiliamsburg area. With work, touring and Becca I for certain don't have the kind of time that needs to be dedicated to the course over there. Troy would make a great course pro over there. I am more than willing to go before the councel if need be and give him any blessing he needs since they have it on record that I am the course pro. I will talk with him on Thursday when I see him........
Troy
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:10:58 AM

I honestly wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, especially Dave's. I want Williamsburg to become a premier course in the tri-state area and start having several tournaments there every year. I was under the impression that Chris was still in charge because I called the city of Williamsburg to tell them that the bridge was becoming unsafe and needed repaired. The lady told me that she would contact Chris Clark because he was in charge of the course. Now that I know that it's Dave then we can go a different route. Dave would be an excellent course pro and and we can work out a plan to get this course ready for tournaments. I have to work Thursday evening so I won't be there Dave but you can call me at 513-843-6818.
ccs
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:48:21 AM

I edited my post from earlier to remove the argumentative portions.
Phil and Adam are both right.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:11:38 PM

Cox and Troy, please give me a call soon so we can get things going in the right direction.
513-255-7275
soundmind
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:06:24 PM

when folkz want 2 work out there just give me a call 513 254 1991 i have alot of toolz that will help,glad 2 see people care!
Dizk Golfur
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:25:10 PM

Liz....Tiger? meow....

I didn't bring this up to start an argument. I just want to see what we can do make the course better. I don't care about divorces or unemployment. If it were me and I fell under those black days I would try to find someone else to finish the work. The funds were allocated to complete the course...not start it to not finish it. I back Troy up cause he wants the job. I don't care who the course pro is. I think it would be great if you (Dave) was there Friday night to back Troy up and put in your imput.

Moses
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:05:35 AM

Dizk Golfur wrote:
Liz....Tiger? meow.... I didn't bring this up to start an argument. I just want to see what we can do make the course better. I don't care about divorces or unemployment. If it were me and I fell under those black days I would try to find someone else to finish the work. The funds were allocated to complete the course...not start it to not finish it. I back Troy up cause he wants the job. I don't care who the course pro is. I think it would be great if you (Dave) was there Friday night to back Troy up and put in your imput.

who is this guy that just  gets on here and starts telling everyone what to do?
kmaupin
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:48:02 AM

Moses wrote:

who is this guy that just  gets on here and starts telling everyone what to do?

Wow, now that is funny.

Last night at doubles we did talk about how everyone seems to snap at each other on here, some of it is intentional of course but I think people in general have a hard time writing in a style that clearly communicates their message. As the guy just stated he didn't mean to stir something up. 

Edited and removed silly statement at end.  frown

Moses
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:00:02 PM

yeah but he keeps doing it
soundmind
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:04:38 PM

anyone care to work out there 2day? maybie clean up some trash ,cut back some tall grass and stinging neadelz? again 513 254 1991
Moses
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:13:19 PM

i can't get out there till tohight for singles at 6:15
soundmind
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 12:43:10 PM

I dont care who is course pro is or who gets to call the shots on @ the burg. But this is my closest course I just want folks to get off there asses and help. I have spent alot of personal $ on gas and blades for both grass cutters and chainsaws over the past years. I have done alot of work (well over 200 hours labor )and design with cris clark and other workers cris rounded up . alot of waisted work has been done to this park only to be changed or taken out because of lack of authorization or someone didnt like it . troy has been putting alot of effort into the burg and asked me a few weeks ago to come clean up with him but we got rained out. ive been out out of town most this month traveling because there realy is no flooring work/$ for me to do anymore = i have a ton of freetime for the course, but some one needs to contact me if there serious about working. I dont want to push any of you kids buttons ,and again I dont want controll of the burg, I just want some one to let me know if there wanting to work with me there,or already going to work out there and can i come work to?
Dizk Golfur
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:55:43 PM

soundmind wrote:
I dont care who is course pro is or who gets to call the shots on @ the burg. But this is my closest course I just want folks to get off there asses and help. I have spent alot of personal $ on gas and blades for both grass cutters and chainsaws over the past years. I have done alot of work (well over 200 hours labor )and design with cris clark and other workers cris rounded up . alot of waisted work has been done to this park only to be changed or taken out because of lack of authorization or someone didnt like it . troy has been putting alot of effort into the burg and asked me a few weeks ago to come clean up with him but we got rained out. ive been out out of town most this month traveling because there realy is no flooring work/$ for me to do anymore = i have a ton of freetime for the course, but some one needs to contact me if there serious about working. I dont want to push any of you kids buttons ,and again I dont want controll of the burg, I just want some one to let me know if there wanting to work with me there,or already going to work out there and can i come work to?

Now thats the real deal there. The main problem any of us who want to do more than the typical clean up work there is that we don't have a contact to get permission.

Just to clear up Moses' lack of reading skills. I am NOT trying tell anyone what to do.
Moses
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:28:08 PM

everyone that has any input should come to burg tonight for singles and we can talk about any needs That you see so troy and everyone can know for the meeting friday.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:32:42 PM

Just to help put things in perspective. I am in charge of the course pros, me and only me. If you want to be the pro for your home course I will have to assign you to it. This goes for all the courses in our area. If anyone has issues with anything, show up at the meetings, don't just wine and complain like little kids on here. I have very few people at the moment that are willing to be course pros. Its a much larger undertaking then you may think and takes a lot of time and sacrifice to accomplish.

I will try to make it out there 2nite for you guys.
Troy
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 10:25:26 PM

I talked to Patty from the Williamsburg council and she said that Chris Clark has given up his responsibilities of the course to Dave Cox. I am working with Dave to get the course fully completed for tourney play including PDGA events. I will be getting work days scheduled for the course challenge on August 14th. The next step would then be to prepare plans to submit to the council for tee pads on holes 9 thru 14. Special thanks to Adam and Dan Bayless for all their help.