Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

cheating Options
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:47:58 PM

It is very cool to know the rules and call them when they aren't followed. Letting yourself or another player "get away with one" is cheating. It is pathetic when somebody knows the rules yet he accepts  a ruling that he knows is wrong. Should be DQ'd, in my opinion. Brad Hammock isn't the only cheater I'll be facing at Worlds.angry
mikekem
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:38:07 PM

Did I miss something? shrug
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:50:59 PM

Yeah I think we both did.
nienaber
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:46:02 PM

Lot of aggression on the forums today...who was cheating and what did they do? I want to be mad at brad hammock and all the pro cheaters at the worlds with you!
NEngle
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:07:19 PM

...and now Deep Thoughts, by John Finnegan:

finnhawc wrote:
It is very cool to know the rules and call them when they aren't followed. Letting yourself or another player "get away with one" is cheating. It is pathetic when somebody knows the rules yet he accepts  a ruling that he knows is wrong. Should be DQ'd, in my opinion. Brad Hammock isn't the only cheater I'll be facing at Worlds.angry
Ben Shooner
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:17:35 PM

Details nonwithstanding, I totally agree. An ironic aspect of it is that you would think that the top players would be more vigilant/honorable if anything. But the touring pros are the ones living in their cars, making or missing $300 putts, and generally having their livlihood dictated by on-course events. A setting that relies on self-regulation and honesty opens the door to this sort of temptation.
finnhawc
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:04:58 PM

Brad H. is just an example of a cheater- he steps on or even pushes his mini forward on every shot. The recent guilty party knows who he is.
Jack Handy has something similar to say I'm sure.laugh
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:50:41 PM

"A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." - Jack Handy
perica
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:21:19 PM

finnhawc wrote:
Letting yourself or another player "get away with one" is cheating.

I agree with the first part, but not necessarily the second.  There is a certain level of discretion to these things.  I'm probably not going to call a guy that showed up 8 holes late on a falling putt.  If I were playing at an elite level, there'd be a lot less room for that type of discretion ... but that's certainly not the case.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face - Jack Handey.
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:19:18 PM

Firebird
Posted: Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:23:14 AM

At least Brad is a nice cheater (?) I find him to be ready to talk to you when ever one speaks to him (unlike a lot of those top players) no matter what the setting and, he's witty. I know honesty is important but so is those other two qualities I mentioned.
soundmind
Posted: Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:35:53 AM

rules suk! thats why the pdga realy cripples the fun of disc golf.i like to throw 10 disc per hole,i like to heckle whoever is on the tee, the tee is not a podium so u shut up wile we heckle your shot! cheaters suk 2 but that is just the point of view of someone lost in another players game.
finnhawc
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:29:23 AM

I caddied for Andrew Back at Worlds and was treated to the most awful display of unsportsmanlike conduct. The group included Dave Cox and Scott Papa. At the time of the incident both Dave and Andrew were about 36 feet out and Papa looked barley in bounds off the tee. We get up to Scott's lie and he mutters then marks his lie as out. After he picked up his disc he says,'oh, guys it was on the orange painted line.' We stared at him blankly then each of us said something to the effect of,'too late, you moved it...we needed to see it.' He wanted a ruling on a disc he already ruled on himself and picked up! He then turned to Andrew and Dave and declared,"Don't ever ask me to trust you again!" He was vicious. The guys were totally worked- with Dave missing his next two putts(he hadn't missed but one all round) and Andrew melting into a pile of bogeys. Ugly stuff. At the end of the round (5 holes later) I decided I would say something, I said,"Scott, what you did was wrong, attacking these players when you made the mistake yourself." He couldn't see it. I told him with distance he may see the error of his ways. About two hours later he came up to Andrew and apologized. I think he still owes Dave one, though Dave spanked him last round.