Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Louisville bachellor party Options
shex44
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 2:35:14 PM

I am going to louisville in a couple of weeks and all the guys going are disc golfers. We need something to do during the day and was wondering which courses we HAVE to go to. We will probably play at least twice. Anyone out there have suggestions?
gw0904
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 2:57:41 PM

Vettiner for sure - best course in the area. Iroquois is another option now that it has been re-designed, although from what I've seen it is usually pretty crowded.

If your group is willing to travel 20 miles into Indiana, The Fun Farm is a very unique and challenging course. It's pay to play ($5) but worth it.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 3:44:32 PM

Vettiner for the win
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 6:25:07 PM

CV
BTBAM
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 7:03:39 PM

I personally prefer Iroquois.
GIES2525
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:16:04 AM

If im not mistaken, Olde English Golf Course is fairly close to the Louisville area. Thats a disc golf course on an actual golf course, and its a blast to play! If you are going with a big group, i suggest you play Doubles here because its a very long course, so many diferent scores are to be had. And you wont throw your arm out as bad! But if you do go, dont drink beer. I made the mistake of doing that and i almost passed out from dehydration. Made the round awful for me! EVEN WITH A GOLF CART.
adamh
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:17:35 PM

^^^ I second that. Old English Golf Course is such an amazing course and is totally worth the drive. It's not for beginners due to it's length, but if you like crushing discs you should have a good time.

If you decide to stay in the Louisville area, I strongly suggest Charlie Vettiner, it's the best course in the area. Over in southern Indiana is the Fun Farm in Lanesville and Buffalo Trace in Palmyra, both solid courses. Or if you're looking to to south, Freeman Lake in Elizabethtown is the best course down there and Radcliff city park and Meade Olin park in Brandburg are good as well.
shex44
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:54:36 PM

Thanks for all the ideas. I think we are going to go to Old English the first day. I saw some video of the course and it looks phenomenal. Golf carts! We are probably going to Vettiner Saturday. Thanks for all the suggestions, and there is one piece of advise I am not going to take. I am drinking beer, it's my bachelor party.
GIES2525
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:23:22 PM

LOl... Drink with extreme caution. Or play doubles, because your throwing driver, driver, mid range into most holes. And expect a terrible round at Vettner after throwing 100 shots at Olde English.
Well worth the time (Olde English) but your body will pay i promise!!!
andersab
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 3:17:32 PM

I also highly recommend Deja in Louisville, it would be a great bachelor time ;-)