Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

WTB/ Trade for JK Aviar-X Options
perica
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 11:52:59 AM

It's no coincidence. The disc market is an oligopoly anyway - so it's natural that the largest two manufacturers will also sponsor the top players. Were there more companies, you'd probably see a much broader spectrum ... like on the PGA tour. Plus, I'm pretty sure that DGA, Ching, Lightning, Millenium and Aerobie don't sponsor players.

Let us not forget that the number one player is the world throws Gateway, but not exclusively ... and number four throws Latitude 64.

I was just calling you out on claiming that discs won't go in the basket.

People get really worked up over whether their disc is a 9x this or that instead of just throwing their damn frisbees. I've seen Blakely shoot even at Mt. Airy with pair of bangers. Al-man cashed at the Great Seal Scream one year using a hodgepodge of borrowed discs since he forgot his bag. If you know how to throw, they'll go in the basket.
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 5:24:19 PM

Great points Mark, though DGA does have a sponsored team. And yes, not all swirls don't go in the basket. :-) Duck, duck.
DiscHead
Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2010 6:48:30 PM

Add 1 more "it" to Ben's statement and i would totally agree.
"I don't care what kind of disc it is-if you know how to throw it, it will go in the basket."
GIES2525
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 11:39:33 AM

That makes it sound much more believable "dischead". The extra "it" makes it that particular disc your good at throwing, not just any disc you pick up. I def. do agree now that as long as if its a disc you know, it doesnt matter the manuf. dumb
that old ball golf saying "it doesnt matter what you use to hit the ball, it how good you are at hitting it." is a little out dated, and i thought thats what you where reffering too. I apologize
Ben Shooner
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 11:24:50 AM

Yeah, I was just poking fun at the tendency to nerd out on plastic in general. Of course every disc is different and has its particular nuances. But the disc companies would like us to believe that our games will dissolve before our eyes if we don't have the latest and greatest discs, in the newest, most space age plastic. It makes sense that they foster that myth-but we don't have to buy into it.