Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Veteran's Park in Lexington forced to re-design? Options
UgandanJoe
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:27:02 PM

Hi there....

For anyone is does not know the Veteran's Park disc golf course in Lexington, Ky has recently come under fire from the local park's and rec. To sum up their claim, the local mountain biker's want to make major changes to a 10 year old course so they don't have to interact with disc golfers while they ride. They also want to 'take' entire hole locations as their own.

Needless to say - the connections of these changes were not approved by the local players and they are now attempting to politicize the issue by jamming up further course development unless the local club keeps (relatively) quiet.

To read more about the issues...

http://bdga.hyperboards.com/index.ph...&topic_id=1490

This is my original post on the BDGA site trying to feel if this issue is something that I (as a disc golfer) should attempt to correct. Their response seems pretty clear, so now I am trying to "feel-out" other local clubs to get a touch on how many others from the region have played at Veteran's Park.

If you (as disc golfers) have played at Veterans Park in Lexington and would like to donate your '2 cents' to the topic... please email me - or post on the BDGA boards.

The forced redesign of this course is about to go in front of the local city council (by me) and I am trying to get any support I can. A petition is about to begin circulation... if you would like to sign, or know of others who may, please let me know.
Thanks so much,
William Hart
finnhawc
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:41:58 PM

It does take effort and it is cool that you are representing the avid non-affiliated Disc Golfer. Bring the petition to the tournament on Saturday and I will sign. That seems like a poor place to mountain bike compared to other hilly spots in Lexington. Good luck!
Ben Shooner
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:57:16 PM

I posted to your MB...Veterans is great