Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2010 Ace Race Day Glow and Mini Golf Options
InnocentCrook
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:33:02 PM

Excellent event Dan. It was my first organized disc golf event, and I had an absolute blast. Never played glow either, now I can't wait to play again.

Thanks,
Tim Blanchet
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 4:52:58 PM

Thanks Tim. Glad you had a great time. That is what it is all about - people playing disc golf and having fun. The goal is to have a lot of new people come out and have all that fun.  I did post an article on the front page with a summary of the Ace Race and the Day Glow.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:00:50 PM

Update on the Discraft Ace Race merchandise. The Bag Tags are in - they look really nice, can either be a bag tag or a key chain. The remaining packages with discs, hats, minis, etc. won't be delivered until Monday. If you just need the tags you can come in any time now. If you need either discs or the remainder of your package, it will have to be Monday afternoon or after.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 10:45:39 AM

Update on the Discraft Ace Race merchandise - UPS came early today. Everything is in. If you didn't get your complete package which included 2 discs, hat, mini, bag tag and sticker, stop by anytime. Fall/Winter hours are: 10-5 Mon - Sat, closed Sun.
discndat
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:59:23 AM

I will have the Ace Race merchandise at the CCS tourney at Lincoln Ridge/Banklick tomorrow for those who haven't picked up their stuff.

discndat
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:30:45 AM

Here's an update from Discraft on the Ace Race disc approval and name.

2010 prototype approved, named

-----------------------

Players agree that this disc is a great fit between the Wasp and the Drone, and several players suggested the name Hornet. We thought that was a winner, so welcome to the hive, Hornet!

The disc is now approved for PDGA tournament play, and Ace Race copies are legal. Please spread to the word to your players.

Hornet will be released to the general public soon; we plan on running the production version in Z plastic with a max weight of 178 grams. Lower weights down to 150 may be possible.

The ESP (Ace Race) version has been given a stability rating of 2.0.