Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

New Course in Fairborn Options
agentdozzer
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:01:27 PM

The course is great, some of the lines need to be cleared up, but all and all alot of good holes. I would put it lower than Idle and higher than Airy in terms of ssa. I wonder about the amount of erosion this course will see there were alot of small creeks in the middle of fairway and with all the clearing and foot traffic the problem could get worse. Hopefully the DG community will start to combate these problems earlier in courses construction before the problem gets bigger.
Phil Miller
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 7:47:58 AM

kmaupin wrote:

I am thinking that the leaves dropping must have made things easier because I am pretty sure that the difficulty difference from longs and shorts was pretty large.  Just wait till spring and the water hazards are in full force, that will be a big difference.

Look forward to playing there again.

Agreed Kelly. There is also message board skill and actual skill. You have to take everything you read with a grain of salt. If I believed everything I read on the message boards  I would be in trouble. It's like message board distance vs. actual distance. I don't know how many times I've heard someone say that they threw it 500ft + when in actuality they maybe threw it 400+. If it was that easy to throw 500ft I'm sure 820ft Distance record would have been broken. 
topherb
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 11:40:25 AM

you know me kelly I like to get a full rip of the pad thats why i like the longs. yes leaves prob played a huge factor but some of the short pads are off to the side and angled when on the same hole the pro pad is a straight shot , in those cases i like the pro pad. As far as erosion im not worried cause erosion has happened everywhere since the beginning of time!!! 
Seanboy1
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 11:30:32 AM

As one of the people that helped clear a great deal of trees, I have to say wait until Spring. Once the leaves are out this course will change quite dramatically. A lot of hard work and time went into this place and will continue to do so. In addition, there will be a second course installed no more than 20 minutes away. Great things have happened in Dayton over the last few years and will continue to do so. See you in 2011.
dettmerb
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:14:25 PM

Just played this for the first time. I was extremely impressed. Think it compares favorably to Idlewild. Multiple tees and pin positions give it great variety. A must play for anyone in the area.