Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2011 Icebowl Krazy Series Options
discndat
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:51:49 AM

The 2011 Icebowl Krazy Series has been scheduled. The schedule is:

January 15,  2001 Boone Woods
January 29,  2011 Harbin Park
February 12, 2011 Lincoln Ridge

I'll have more information soon, but this series is a fundraiser event for Fairhaven Rescue Mission in Covington, Ky. Last year we raised $2120 and our goal for this year is $2500. I'll also have event info and registration up and running shortly. The current website is 2011 Icebowl Krazy Series Like I said I don't have lots of info yet, just the schedule.
shyamrox
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 9:38:58 PM

How do the "Series" events work? Do you have to play in all 3, or can you play in any one of them? I'm interested in playing in an Ice Bowl especially since its a fundraiser and sounds like a blast, but I might be too "wimpy" to play in 3 events :). Also do you have to qualify or anything..are new disc golfers with no tournament experience welcome to participate?

Thanks!
Shyam
Madmike
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 11:03:01 PM

shyamrox wrote:
How do the "Series" events work? Do you have to play in all 3, or can you play in any one of them? I'm interested in playing in an Ice Bowl especially since its a fundraiser and sounds like a blast, but I might be too "wimpy" to play in 3 events :). Also do you have to qualify or anything..are new disc golfers with no tournament experience welcome to participate? Thanks! Shyam

Well the great thing about the local Cincy events are that anyone, age, and skill level are welcome to come out and enjoy a great round of golf or two. You can play in one or play all three they are a great experience reguardless. Not to mention the great people you get to meet and hang with. Come on out and have some fun!!!!
discndat
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:29:14 PM

shyamrox wrote:
How do the "Series" events work? Do you have to play in all 3, or can you play in any one of them? I'm interested in playing in an Ice Bowl especially since its a fundraiser and sounds like a blast, but I might be too "wimpy" to play in 3 events :). Also do you have to qualify or anything..are new disc golfers with no tournament experience welcome to participate? Thanks! Shyam

Thanks Mike for your reply. Everything Mike says is it. Play in one or all, just when you play, there's no whining! We have people coming out for their very first time quite often, so yes, anybody who wishes to come out, we encourage it. We have a blast and it is for a very good cause. I'm hoping to have Registration up soon.

We do crown an Icebowl Krazy Series champion in each division, so to qualify for that you must play all three.
discndat
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 8:14:28 PM

discndat
Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010 8:15:08 PM

If you do have any problems with the Icebowl Krazy site let me know.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:38:34 PM

Ok,  I need to update a few things about the upcoming Icebowl Krazy Series.

We currently have the GCFDA/cincinnatidiscgolf.com and an anonymous donor donating $1 each per participant for the total of the 3 Icebowls. So, if we have 100 particpants in each event we would raise $600 right there, so come on out everybody.  If you know of a person or business that would like to make a pledge or donation get their information or have them get in touch with me. All donations are charitable tax donations. There is a donation box on the registration page also. This is our chance to give back to our community and to help those who are less fortunate than ourselves.

If there's anybody out there who would like to take charge of accepting clothing donations at the Icebowls let me know. We have had people do this in the past and have gotten quite a few donations of clothes for Fairhaven.

Icebowl merchandise came in. We have Fundraiser Discs available: Innova InnColor STAR Roc+'s $30, Discraft SuperColor Buzzz $25 and Innova I-Dyed Pro Katanas $25 - Purchase one of these and $10 goes to Fairhaven. The InnColor and SuperColor discs are like the picture seen here. We will have other merchandise: more discs, minis, baseball hats, beanies, long sleeve shirts and hoodies. A portion of the proceeds from these sales will also go to Fairhaven. Contact me discndat@fuse.net if you would like to reserve any of these items. I may also try to put them up on the registration site when I get time.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 12:11:37 PM

We've got a few registrations coming in. Keep them coming. This will help you and the staff to save time and stay warm on the day of the tourney and you can warm up or arrive later if you want. I spoke with Dave Hammers, CEO of Fairhaven Rescue Mission today and he is going to try and be at the Boone Woods Icebowl, unless his first grandchild arrives then. He's really excited and appreciative that the GCFDA and disc golfers are once again doing the Icebowls for Fairhaven.

You can register and/or make dontations for the Icebowl at 2011 Icebowl Krazy You can register, pay for the Ace Fund, pay for Mulligans, purchase fundraiser discs and make donations to Fairhaven all in one place.

shyamrox
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 9:38:35 AM

Hey All, I just saw on the facebook event page that this event will go from 9:30 am to 4:00pm , is it correct that these events will take this long? I've never been to one, I'm trying to figure out if I'm really able to make it on Saturday, didn't anticipating it being an all day event..

Thanks!
Shyam
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 9:50:44 AM

Yes, they are all day events. We play 2 rounds. It could be longer than 4, I would say 5 or 5:30 with awards, etc. Boone is the shorter of all the courses we play in the Icebowls, so it will take a little less time, unless we add a few holes.
Madmike
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 12:20:17 PM

oh i like added holes lol
robglover
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 8:02:40 PM

Snuck in a round today since I had never played there. Looks like it will be fun.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:51:44 PM

Ok, I'm a little behind on a few things for the Icebowls. Everybody who pre-registers for the Icebowls will receive a mini and will be registered for a drawing to win an Dyed Pro Katana Icebowl Fundraiser Disc. One disc will be given away at the end of the Series, but if you pre-register for more than one Icebowl you increase your chances of winning.

I am also working on a raffle for an Innova Discatcher Sport. Raffle tickets for this will be $2 each or 8 for $10 - you have to buy the 8 for $10 at one time. Any money after the cost of the basket will got to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. Drawing for the basket will be at the Finale at Lincoln Ridge/Banklick Icebowl. Winner will need to take the basket at that time, pick it up at the store or pay shipping costs for delivery. I will let you know later today if this is on and I will add it to the Registration Page.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:04:56 PM

Ok, it's a go on the Raffle for an Innova Discatcher Sport for the Icebowl Krazy Series. These go for $200. You can purchase raffle tickets online at the Registration Page and at the tournament. $2 ticket or 8 for $10. Any proceeds over the cost of the basket will go to Fairhaven Rescue Mission.
Phil Miller
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 9:58:06 AM

Anyone have intrest in helping clean off the teepads? I can bring a shovel and show up early to shovel them. We would probably need some salt to melt through any ice or anything. If anyone wants to bring some salt that would be awesome, or if you guys think we should leave them as is I'll forget about it.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 12:28:11 PM

Best thing to do is clear them today since it has warmed up a bit and the sun will do the rest for us, salt will degrade concrete and should only be used as a last resort for safety.
If anyone that has time or lives close now's your chance.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 2:02:21 PM

Yeah, I would say either clean them off today and if you can't get all the ice off I wouldn't bother with them cause it's better if they've got snow on them than to shovel and have it be icey. You could try one tomorrow and see how it works. We'll also be able to throw from either side or behind the tee if they don't get cleaned off. We're pretty flexible for the Icebowls. Safety first. Thanks to anyone who wants to clean them off.

We've had some more registrations today. Here's the Pre-Registration List

Remember, you'll save time and warmth if you pre-register, plus you'll be registered for the drawing of an I-Dyed Fundraiser Pro Katana. There were only a limited number of these made for the Icebowl fundraiser.

Sc0rch3d
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 4:12:28 PM

wont make it this yr , but ill be wishin i was there. might make it out to one of the next 2 to spot or help prep pads. i really appreciate wht fairhaven does....and tht we are a part of it
Madmike
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 8:45:56 PM

John Schengber was out there today i believe he was clearing them as he played should be decent tomorrow but hard to tell until we get there dan will there be added holes????
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2011 10:54:59 PM

Yes, we're planning on the 3 holes out in the field by the basketball court.
Madmike
Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:08:09 PM

Thanx Dan! looking forward to Harbin next I hope there is a bigger turnout than Boone.
discndat
Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:03:45 PM

A summary of the event is up on the front page of the site. I'll get full tourney results up in a day or two. Thanks to all who came out. Disc golf, great day, good people, fun time and for a good cause - doesn't get much better than that.
DanH
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 3:31:04 PM

Results are up on the Results page.
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 3:32:57 PM

Wow, thanks Dan - that was quick. Really appreciate it.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 11:13:42 AM

Save us all some time and help us stay warm by Pre-registering for the Harbin Icebowl 1/29/11.  All pre-registered players get entered into a drawing for a Dyed Icebowl Pro Katana.

And don't forget the raffle for an Innova Discatcher Sport. Raffle tickets for this will be $2 each or 8 for $10 - you have to buy the 8 for $10 at one time. Any money after the cost of the basket will got to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. Drawing for the basket will be at the Finale at Lincoln Ridge/Banklick Icebowl. Winner will need to take the basket at that time, pick it up at the store or pay shipping costs for delivery. You can't win if you don't have a ticket - great prize.