Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2011 Icebowl Krazy Series Options
StorminSteve
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 4:43:50 PM

Thanks Dan , Dave , Jeff and everyone involved with running the Icebowl. You guys really support the Disc golf community in the cin area !!!
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:46:09 AM

Thanks for the kind words Steve and looks like we have another good day for an Icebowl coming up on Saturday. Don't forget to pre-register. If I get over 20 pre-registered for the Harbin Icebowl, I'll have a drawing for those pre-registered for an Icebowl disc - that's in addition to already being entered to win the Dyed Icebowl Pro Katana at the end of the series.

This has been a rough winter for the homeless and needy that Fairhaven serves and they are in much need of our help more than ever. Please come out and support our Fundraiser. If you don't want to play in the cold, you can also make a donation on the Registration Page.

Tourney check-in and registration will be at the Overlook Shelter (this is not by hole 1 - it is over by where we set up the temp holes. No we aren't having any temp holes for this tourney) Anyone who wants to bring some wood for a fire that would be great. I'll have some in my truck but we used quite a bit last year.

Adam Jones will be on hand to accept any clothing donations, so clean out the closets and load him up! Thanks Adam.

Save us all some time and help us stay warm by Pre-registering for the Harbin Icebowl 1/29/11.  All pre-registered players get entered into a drawing for a Dyed Icebowl Pro Katana.

And don't forget the raffle for an Innova Discatcher Sport. Raffle tickets for this will be $2 each or 8 for $10 - you have to buy the 8 for $10 at one time. Any money after the cost of the basket will got to Fairhaven Rescue Mission. Drawing for the basket will be at the Finale at Lincoln Ridge/Banklick Icebowl. Winner will need to take the basket at that time, pick it up at the store or pay shipping costs for delivery. You can't win if you don't have a ticket - great prize.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:57:48 AM

I should be able to take a decent amount of stuff in my truck, but if we get a lot of donations I may need a hand with transporting it to Fairhaven.
If you live in Northern KY and don't mind dropping some stuff off at the mission that would be great and much appreciated.
See you all at Harbin, Keep it in the fairway.
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:54:35 AM

Anyone have an idea what shape the tees are in right now?
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:03:14 AM

If they are anything like LR/Banklick they are icey! We played Banklick last night in the Ace Fund Doubles and most of the tees there were pretty icey. If anyone can give an update on Harbin it would be great.
cyrusf1
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:56:35 AM

I get off at 2:30 today, so ill go clear the pads and post here when its done.
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:22:42 AM

You da man Cyrus, that would be awesome.
Old Bassman
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:47:16 PM

annouce
Icebowl #2 at Harbin Park this Saturday adds another prize

PREREGISTRATION PRIZE FOR HARBIN

Just in case you missed this:
"Don't forget to pre-register. If I get over 20 pre-registered for the Harbin Icebowl, I'll have a drawing for those pre-registered for an Icebowl disc - that's in addition to already being entered to win the Dyed Icebowl Pro Katana at the end of the series. "

Ten pre-registered already need  just ten more....(I have to make sure I can play Saturday before registering)
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup :
PRE-REG CLOSES AT 9 PM FRIDAY
robglover
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:42:31 PM

I got a fever and the only prescription is more Ice Bowl.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:27:13 PM

jump 12 Pre-registered, Only 8 more! Keep jumping on the Pre-reg wagon.
cyrusf1
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 7:47:44 AM

I cleared and lightly salted the tees yesterday, and I'll go back today to get the snow we got last night
Phil Miller
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 8:39:36 AM

Cyrus thanks alot. For someone that has a bad knee I appreciate clean tees. And for the rest of you PRE-REGISTER! It's quick and easy and allows you to warm up longer. Why wait in line when you can be out throwing and putting or taking part in the hippie lettuce?
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 11:41:19 AM

Yes, thank you so much Cyrus. Really do appreciate your taking the shovel by the handle and helping out. 

annouce Update on Pre-Reg List - we have 15. Just need 5 more for the bonus prize drawing to be in effect. Heck, if that gets met I may add another tier prize. C'mon and get pre-registered. It helps us all and you could be a big winner. 

idea Also, this is a good chance for all the players north of the border to take part in an cold Icebowlcold . I know there's a lot of players in the Colerain, Fairfield, Winton, Westchester, Milford area and beyond that are looking for a tourney. C'mon out and play!  thumbsup 360 Hank from Sweetees is signed up - that's worth the price of entry right there.
discndat
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 3:53:45 PM

thumbsup We're up to 18 on the Pre-Reg List. 2 to go for the extra prize drawing. Like I said I may add another prize if we reach 20 before 5 today.
cyrusf1
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 9:42:09 PM

All pads should be clear except 6 and 7 on which I put extra salt see y'all tomorrow
Madmike
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:36:58 PM

Dan thanks again for another great ice bowl what happened to all the advanced players they move up or stop playin????? lol
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:48:27 PM

Thanks to all those that donated their old clothes and such, they where very happy to receive them. Remember we have one more to clean out those closets and bring them to Lincoln Ridge. See ya's then.
robglover
Posted: Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:45:49 PM

Yes, thanks Dan and to everyone involved and all the players who helped to make it a great day of DG.
discndat
Posted: Monday, January 31, 2011 9:15:17 PM

Thanks everybody. I've posted an article on the front page summarizing the tourney. I will post scores and series totals later this week.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:20:40 PM

Scores are up on the Results page. I've also attached the Series Results in an attachment to this message. If anyone sees any errors let me know.

File Attachment(s):
2011 Icebowl Krazy Series Totals.xls (33kb) downloaded 39 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:14:41 PM

Pre-Registration is now open for the Finale #3 at
Lincoln Ridge/Banklick.

If we get 25 participants pre-registered for the #3 Event, all pre-registered for this event will be entered into a separate prize drawing for an Icebowl disc and a First Run Star Stamped Star Vulcan. If we get 30 I'll add something else,  35-something else.

We almost have enough money in the Innova Discatcher Sport basket raffle to pay for it and then any money in the raffle after that will go to Fairhaven Rescue Mission.

Let's see if we can't get a huge turnout for the Finale and raise a lot of $ for Fairhaven.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2011 10:52:46 AM

thumbsup Ok, we are getting closer to 25 Pre-registered. We are at 17 now, so just 8 more for the added prize drawing of those pre-registered for this event.

Another thumbsup We now have the basket paid for and have raised $20 for Fairhaven with the basket raffle. All raffle $ from here on in goes straight to the Fairhaven total. Let's get it going and get your chance to win a metal Innova Discatcher Sport.

Here's links to Registration Page and Registration List You can pre-register, make donations and purchase raffle tickets right on the Registration Page.
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2011 8:06:13 AM

shout  Only 5 more pre-reg entries for the extra prize drawing. 10 for another. C'mon, see how many we can really get.

$42 in the Basket Fundraiser now. Any raffle tickets sold now going into the Fairhaven Fundraiser. Keep it going.  jump

Dave Hammers, CEO of Fairhaven will be at the tourney on Saturday. Let's get a huge turnout for him and Fairhaven.
perica
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2011 8:57:05 AM

Hey Dan, I've got some sweaters I don't wear anymore. Can we still donate to them to Fairhaven on Saturday?
discndat
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2011 10:52:04 AM

Sure thing Mark. Anyone who wants to bring some clothes, please do. Anything we can do to help Fairhaven is welcomed and appreciated.