Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

"The One" Options
cali
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:55:51 PM

What is the one disc you love the most when going off the tee? It's so hard to narrow it down but I think for me it's my 176 weight CE Firebird X.

Pic:
http://www.discgolfscene.com/media/72763_g.jpg

It fights off these gusty midwest winds like a dream, add a little hyzer to it off the tee and you will always get the big trademark FB skip. Throw it with a little anny and it goes dead nuts straight with a huge fade to finish out. Spike hyzers, so fun to find lines in the sky with big shots no one would ever expect to see. Thumbers, there isn't a better disc for accurate distance thumbers (inb4 Epic, they go far but are a gimmick.) Forehand shots, I suck at them but with a good Firebird, I actually stand a chance if it's within 250 feet. The CE plastic just adds to the list of things I love about this disc. The grip feels incredible and it takes quite a lick to put a ding in the rim.(as you can see I've managed to do so, spike hyzer right on a tree root, yuck.) Very predictable flight and gets me lots of tap in 2's.

I have 5 other CE FX's but this is the ONE. I highly recomend one if you don't mind paying the extra money for one. Current day Firebirds kinda suck, the Champs are all domey and slow and the Stars beat in too fast :(

What disc is "the one" in your bag?
Troy
Posted: Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:01:10 PM

My ESP Comet is the most valuable disc in my bag. I use it for straight drives and more importantly approach shots.