Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

CCS on Sundays? Options
shex44
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 12:02:37 PM

Is there going to be, or ever have been CCS on Sundays? I love disc golf and my current job doesn't let me play on Saturdays, and the group of 6 that I usually play with only 2 are off on Saturday, so we play on Sunday. I know that Saturday does work best for most, but have there ever been discussion of having at least 1 maybe 2 CCS tourneys on Sunday. I would personally bring at least 4 new faces, 3 of which are really good, to a Sunday tourney. I would love to see how the best of our group would stand up to the entire group.
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 1:37:22 PM

If you can make it to the club meeting on the 21st, this would be a greate topic for discussion.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 2:25:35 PM

We have in the past had some on Sundays because of conflicts with other events, holidays and such. Saturdays will always be the primary choice with Sundays being secondary.
Erik
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:20:33 PM

Not CCS releated, but for two seasons now we have moved Wednesday night leagues to Sunday for the fall. The nights get shorter and was harder and harder to finish a round with any light. We opted for switching to Sunday morning for leagues. We could play longer courses and carpool to further out locations we ordinarily would not play. Some people could not attend due to church, work, or other obligations, but overall it has been a success.

I agree with Phil on bringing this up at a meeting. If the goal of a CCS is to pack in more people (especially new faces) and the majority of the people can make Sunday over Saturday, it would make sense having some on Sunday. It all depends on how many people perfer Sundays I guess.

From a TD standpoint, having an extra day to prep and set up for the even outside of a normal work M-F work week would be nice for some of the events.  Especially temp courses or courses with alot of alt holes.
Big Chris
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:20:48 PM

I play with shex44 and we do play several times a week but we always throw on Sunday. We usually have a group of 5 or 6 of us on Sunday and we are looking to play more events this year.

We are all in our early 30's and a few of us have been playing for 8 or 10 years and we have plans of playing tournaments or leagues and ccs.

We play all over the area but mostly Idle wild, Banklick, Mt Airy, Boone woods. Since I live in Harrison I play whitewater and herritage also

shex44
Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:03:24 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for putting a CCS event on Sunday. I came out for my second time, and even though it was cold, windy (seriously hole C into the wind was brutal), and my friend busted his ankle before we even started, I had a great time. Even though I played like crap. I tried too hard the first round and got down on myself. Anyway, can't wait to come out to the next Sunday event and meet more of you.