April 23: A.J. Jolly
            May 14: Oxford
            June 25: Monroe
            July 16: Modified Boone/Idlewild Shorts
            August 14(Sun): Devou
            September 10: Mt. Airy
            October 8: Goshen
            November 5: Lincoln Ridge (Banklick)

Highlights for the schedule include two events on Sundays, Devou temp course, new course at Goshen, and a modified day with one round at Boone and the afternoon round at IdleWild.

The overall award for the Recreational Division has been reinstated and a New "Bump" Rule will be in effect for the 2011-2012 season.

The Bump rule is an attempt to address concerns around what I like to call "Misplaced Talent".  Players in the Advanced Masters, Advanced, and Recreational divisions individual scores will be averaged and compared to the overall average of all other divisions (using the same course rounds). In the event that a player's average is at or below the average of a higher division, the player will be required to compete in said higher division the following year. For example, Drew M. Isplacedtalent played in the rec division in 2010, and averaged a 52 across all of his rounds for the 2010 CCS season. The Advanced division's average players rounds for 2010 was 56 and Open's average was 48. As a result, Drew M. Isplacedtalent will be required to play in Advanced in 2011. The Bump rule evolved from a positive conversation at the 2/21 club meeting centere around the suggested idea on the survey, which was favored by 70% of survey respondents. A list of the player's impacted by the Bump rule will be provided to CCS TD's to assist with guiding impacted players into the appropriate divisions. The Bump rule recognizes age protected divisions and cannot force Open Masters players to play open. Furthermore, the Bump rule does not apply to those who maybe playing in a division above their current performance and thus will not force any players to "move down". CCS TD's will be provided a list of impacted players to enable them to provide guidance during the registration process.

annouce
CCS Entry Fees Update

Open                            $25
Open Masters             $15
Open Woman             $15
Advanced                    $15
Advanced Masters     $15
Woman                        $10
Recreational               $10

CCS Entry fees were voted upon at the 2/21 club meeting, each division was voted upon individually and all motions passed soundly but faild to capture uninimity. The increased entry fees will mpact the CCS in two signficant ways:

1. Larger Payouts for All Divisions
2. Increased Inventory Turnover

Larger payouts will help keep the CCS a healthy and competitive alternative to PDGA and other Non-PDGA events in the region. The increased inventory turnover rate will result in the club having a more diverse selection of plastic for prizes and will provide positive financial impact as well. Since the club set CCS prices, just the cost of disc manufacturers lowest line plastic has increased 50%,  diminishing margins on disc sales. Raising entry fees will not change the margin on discs but it will help offset the shrinking margins, enabling the club to make investments into course installation/restoration efforts as well as conducting competitive events. Like the majority of non-profit organizations, including the PDGA, the GCFDA will be publishing an operating budget and all financials to increase transparency into the club's costs, revenues, and reinvestements into the sport of disc golf. This will provide our members, participants, and sponsors clear line of sight as to how their financial support and patronage is used to promote the sport of disc golf. Even with this price increase, the CCS is still an affordable alternative compared to other disc golf tournaments.

I thank you for your patience in waiting for this year's schedule as well as for your understanding for the raise in entry fees and I look forward to seeing you at this year's CCS!

Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:02:53 AM

April 23 is Ky state singles at Idlewild.
2Timer
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:48:26 AM

How about we move AJ to Sunday as well???????
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:53:52 AM

I would imagine that's probably what would happen.
GStrick
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:21:50 AM

Also, the Oxford CCS on May 14 is the same day as the Buck Creek BID in Dayton, I think. Oxford usually gets a good number of Cincy and Dayton players.

Thanks for getting the CCS schedule set. Sunday events are going to be pretty fun. Like the Bump Rule too.

I might have missed it but is the club going to post the the survey results?
GStrick
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:44:49 AM

Never mind on my survey question, I found it.
perica
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:37:57 AM

Awesome job, guys. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting ... slaving away at work. I'm really excited to try out this temp course at Devou, hopefully there aren't any snags this year with planning that one.
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:50:15 AM

Working on April rescheduling for AJ Jolly, keep in mind the 24th is Easter.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:04:31 PM

Hmm? How about making it a real Good Friday? A lot of people are off on that day. Just a thought.
T_Vincent
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:10:55 PM

I could work with the Good Friday idea.

The conflict with the BID event was brought up. While we try to schedule around these items, this date still seemed to be the best choice. 
shex44
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:48:31 PM

Thank you for putting a few events on sunday. I will make sure that I bring extra people to those events, so it will continue into the future.
Big Chris
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:27:04 PM

Indeed, you guys will be seeing us at multiple events this year. Looking very foward to it.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:09:12 PM

The changes are greatly appreciated
Valet
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:55:04 PM

I agree w/ Nati. The club is moving in the right direction.
DAMarlow
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 3:49:36 PM

Due to the conflict with the Kentucky St. tournament the April CCS at A. J. Jolly has be moved to Saturday April 9th.

Dave Marlow CCS director
Troy
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:09:59 PM

DAMarlow wrote:
Due to the conflict with the Kentucky St. tournament the April CCS at A. J. Jolly has be moved to Saturday April 9th. Dave Marlow CCS director

Thanks guys.
Seanboy1
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:50:39 PM

I would like to make a suggestion.  Maybe move the Big Ox event to that Sunday?  A lot of Dayton players love to play this event.  I hate to see guys have to choose.  BC is getting it's tee pads this spring and a lot of people are looking forward to a tourney with pads.  I know I have tried to work with you guys in the past.  I would love to work with you guys now to avoid any issues with this overlap. It would be a good solution that should benefit both events.thumbsup
DAMarlow
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 10:22:38 AM

To accommodate the Dayton BID, the GCFDA CCS May tournament at Oxford has been moved to Sunday May 15.
Dave Marlow
GCFDA CCS director
Seanboy1
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:26:18 PM

Thank You very much Dave.  Everyone appreciates the accomodation you are makingthumbsup
no putts
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 7:00:29 AM

Great when the clubs can work together. Now we have a whole weekend of great golf in may. Thanks Dave.
robglover
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:37:59 AM

Now I can go to my daughter's camporee on Sat and play DG on Sun--nice.
pcaldwell
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 6:22:57 PM

Here I go again... This is the unavoidable problem that has occurred for the last umpteen years when Dayton sets their schedule in December for the upcoming year. They take the convenient dates for them and then the Cincy club has to dance around Dayton's dates. It used to be a big deal to accommodate Dayton, since many of their players played in the Cincy CCS. Over the years, their participation has dwindled. Their premature scheduling has often times preceded the PDGA events being published, which then has caused them to change their dates later, as conflicts arise. Why not wait until the PDGA schedule has taken shape and then the 2 clubs can coordinate their schedules, avoiding so many players having to scratch up their wall calendars trying to keep up with schedule changes? Cincy has done ours for at least 15 years at the February meeting, but it seems like each year Dayton puts theirs out earlier than the year before.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:17:16 AM

This is going to change from this year on out. From now on we will not be waiting till February and we will have a preliminary schedule ready prior to the PDGA schedule release and we will coordinate with Dayton before either club posts a schedule.

Keep in mind each year scheduling gets more difficult as clubs grow and events become more numerous, eventually we will not have the options of compromising like we have and same day event conflicts will be more common. Since our club has such a large player base we do not have to worry about event attendance being hurt by conflicting events. We will never be able to please everyone and choices of where to play continue to grow.

Let's all try to make the best of things and plan for the future of our sport and its growth.
Seanboy1
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:28:07 PM

I have done the scheduling for Dayton for years.  I have made it a priority to get it done early for a number of reasons.  The nice thing is that Paul J our Ohio State Coordinator has also seen the need for early scheduling by posting the previous year PDGA schedule along with any currently scheduled events.  I have noticed that PDGA events are creatures of habit  when it comes to their weekend.  The WBO has had the same weekend for years just like a number of events.  In addition our BID series has had the same weekends many times over.  So scheduling has been very easy.   I look forward to working with Cincy in the future, if that happens.  Adam, Dave feel free to contact me if there are any conflicts or you guys have any questions.  For the record, as stated above, we do not use the "convenient" dates when scheduling.  It would be great to see the two clubs work this through so that some don't feel like "their" day is taken.

It's just disc golf folks, hope to see everyone on the course!thumbsup
902boland
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 5:09:57 PM

ugh...why can't we just be friends? Dayton has been putting their schedule out early for years, cincy has been putting it out around late feb for the past sum odd years now. Adam,Dave,Drew and company do a GREAT job putting everything together accomidating for the other local events on the cincy side.