Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Sunday Amateur Fair Draw Doubles @ Hueston Woods Presented by Sweetees Disc Golf Options
disc golfer girl
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 11:49:47 AM

Details: 
Sundays Starting 3/13/2011
11:00 AM
$6.00 entry
$1.00 goes to Ace Fund (Mandatory Split with Partner)
100% payback in plastic to the top 1/3
Come early for breakfast at the Trailblazer just 300 feet away from the putter basket!!

Any Questions Contact Sweetees Disc Golf @ 513-858-DISC(3472)

sweetees.discgolf@zoomtown.com

GIES2525
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 1:49:43 PM

I have a question....
Without trying to sound rude, whats the money going too since the payout is plastic? Just curious, because that may turn people away, unless they know its going to the course or something Disc golf related. I hope i dont sound like a you know what, but i just wanted to ask for everyones sake.
Thanks in advance!
discndat
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 2:26:30 PM

It's an amateur event so it is best to keep the payout to plastic. It doesn't really matter where the money is going if someone is willing to step up and run an event. People like to play disc golf in a competitive venue. True Ams need plastic. It's not like anyone is going to become a millionaire running an event like this. Hank has put a lot of time and his own money into this course so if the disc golf community can support him in any way, I say do it. Just my 1.5 cents.
GIES2525
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 2:45:07 PM

Good explanation Dan, again i wasnt trying to be that guy! if you put it out there now, then people wont be questioning you later. i know Hank has put in an endless amount of hours and his own money into that course, so if it was for him, his business or this course, im sure he will get a good turnout! Thanks for adding another weekly event, at an extremely cool course! Also, just a thought. I wonder if there is a forum site for Miami U. students, because i bet you could get a lot of kids out to play from just posting on there site.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 9:37:01 PM

what makes it a fair draw?
Phil Miller
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 10:31:25 AM

Life isn't fair. It's good to deal with adversity. It'll make you stronger. For $6 and $3.39/gallon you will get some fresh air, excercise and get to play a new course.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:17:30 PM

I was actually looking for some clarification on the process but thanks Phil you are always very informative
StorminSteve
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:08:23 PM

Phil Miller wrote:
Life isn't fair. It's good to deal with adversity. It'll make you stronger. For $6 and $3.39/gallon you will get some fresh air, excercise and get to play a new course.

For $6  I was wanting a players pack, payouts of over 50 % and some of Hanks famous biscuits and gravy. dumb  Of course just joking , hopefully this will be a good turnout for Hank and to those of us that helped out there .
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:44:19 PM

Phil Miller wrote:

Glad to be of assistance!

Unfortunately I can't make it.  I'm heading to Louisville to play Vettiner before the tourney next week.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:13:37 PM

Well all in all a pretty good day aside from the confusion on our part with the time change and all. HA HA! We had six people participate and pretty decent weather. We hope to see the numbers increase as the weather gets better.
disc golfer girl
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:20:28 PM

I am sorry I did not comment on the Fair Draw. We really just try to make sure to put people into the proper A or B player category (based on their experience/level of play) in order to make for the fairest teams. That is why the Boone Woods annual day Glow Doubles has become such a successful event...
We hope to have fun and that everyone will enjoy themselves.