Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Avery Jenkins to be interviewed Live... Options
Steveh
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:00:59 PM

When: March 9th, 2011
Where:www.talkshoe.com/tc/91535
Avery Jenkins will on Bassin' & More talk Radio show live. We will talk to him about his disc golf career and much more. If you have time stop by and check it out.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:46:03 AM

Hosted by: Gottafish
Title: Interview with Disc Golf Pro Avery Jenkins
Time: 03/09/2011 08:45 PM EST
Episode Notes: We will be talking all Disc Golf with Avery!!
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:48:00 PM

Is Avery a fisherman? I'm missing the connection with the whole fishing thing. However, I will be listening with my hip waders on.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 3:46:03 PM

I think its the same guys that interviewed Feldburg recently and they also play disc golf.
Steveh
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:10:11 PM

Phil Miller wrote:
Is Avery a fisherman? I'm missing the connection with the whole fishing thing. However, I will be listening with my hip waders on.

Let me explain..
When I first got this idea I was thinking strictly Bass fishing and when I went for some co-hosts I got two of my fishing buddies to help out so the whole show was to be about bass fishing. Now after I started to develope this idea I kept thinking what about all the other outdoor activities that are out there, especcially disc golf, and one thing lead to another and we came up with MORE part of the show. So far we have only done 8 shows and be honest we have had the best turn out for the two disc golf shows. So now we are looking at possibly branching off  for disc golf since it is so popular or at least make a new call series with just disc golf in the title but still under our original premise for the show. Matter of fact I can almost say for certain this will happen it's just a time thing really, I just don't have enough of it!thumbsdown .
Go to www.bassinmore.com click the show links.
We did a interview with Dave Feldberg last month that was really fun. I got blasted a bit on some forums for my lack of interviewing skills shrug but we are still learning and I will admit I am much more comfortable with the bass fishing side of it than I am Disc Golf just because I have done it alot longer. I am going to have nikko on hopefully next month and then continue from there. 
No matter which way we go I hope people will keep coming out to listen and interact.
Phil Miller
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:53:38 PM

Awesome - thank you for the explanation. I will be listening in. Pretty cool that you are getting to interview the top players of our sport.
Steveh
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 7:55:19 PM

Phil Miller wrote:
Awesome - thank you for the explanation. I will be listening in. Pretty cool that you are getting to interview the top players of our sport.
Be honest all I did was ask!!thumbsup
No guest has cared that we are not professionals and every guest has been really awesome. When Dave Feldberg gave me his number and we talked for like 15-20 minutes on the phone to set the date I had to pinch myself to make sure it was not a dream.bow