Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

NEW 9 HOLE COURSE GARDNER PARK LOCKLAND OHIO 45215 Options
mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:48:36 AM

Hey Rwolfenden, can you provide a map here for all of us to use? Maybe get a google map view and mark the holes on it?
Rwolfenden
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:24:30 PM

The grass has been cut for each hole and have been having a blast down there w/ friends. Played last night and even with baseball games we didn't run into a problem once. We designed the course purposely avoiding baseball fields, baseball players, walkers, joggers, etc... I like the idea of spray painting the tee pads so I'll do that tonight for everyone and put the hole number down at each tee pad.
Hole 1=Par 3
Hole 2=Par 4
Hole 3=Par 5
Hole 4=Par 3
Hole 5=Par 3
Hole 6=Par 4
Hole 7=Par 3 (ace-able)
Hole 8=Par 3
Hole 9=Par 4

*As always, feel free to give me a call at 513-253-7669 w/ questions or directions!-Rob Wolfenden
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:35:26 PM

What are the distances?
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:44:12 AM

Have either of you guys had any prior experience with course design and installation? Would you be interested in any help or advice with the project. I haven't had the opportunity to stop by yet and see the course, but will try to fit it in the next week or so. I will let you guys know when I plan on coming by.
whamo165g
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 12:07:18 AM

played today. tees are not marked, so it was kinda(definitely) safari. that and we forgot what was stated here, so we played it backwards. interested to see the tee placements, because as far as we can tell, joggers/walkers are certainly in play, as are the baseball spectators of the first diamond unless hole 1 plays across the entrance road. the soccer field could also be in play. will probably play this course alot since it is only minutes from work and can get in a quick round on "lunch" breaks.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 3:17:31 PM

Hey Rwofenden, can you post a map of the course here? Are the tee pads/dirt and markers up yet?
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 8:04:38 PM

Can you try to get a google satelite map and draw the lines for the holes?
rbrockman77
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 1:52:58 PM

tee markers will be installed soon, will have red and blue tee markers to play as 18 holes. village workers will have it completed real soon!
Rwolfenden
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:09:51 PM

Hello! I apologize that I have just now read this as I was out of town. I am back and will be down there tonight around 8pm putting in "construction flags" to tee off between as well as spray paint the hole number off to the side of each construction flag. As far a "google map" I'm not sure how to do that...I'm not sure how the first baseball diamond would be in play unless you were to shank one left on #1 (uphill par 3 into the trees) and number 2 (tee off in front of the stairs that come down from WESTVIEW on the mound) as it's a straight away par 4. You then have a little walk down the path to # 3 tee which is on the right side of the path directly across from the "workout" area. #3 is a par 5 up the hill and you'll see the basket up on the hill tucked in the back. Once we have the "construction flags" in and spray painted hole numbers right by each set of flags this will help tremendously! This will be done tonight and if anyone would like to come throw a few and shoot the shiz feel free to join. We'll be down there around 8pm!!!! Sorry for the misleading post before!
Rwolfenden
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:04:23 PM

Just got word that the tee's will be in within an hour! Score!
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:05:05 AM

So are the tees in? I would love to play this new course and live only about 15 minutes away.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:46:57 AM

I went down there last night to double check that the tees are in and they are using Innova markers for each hole. I thought it was too hard to navigate so I went down there and put up some "markers/stakes" for people to follow. The "markers/stakes" are shims that I found so I put 1 at each hole to help others locate each tee more easily. I will be putting in some new markers/stakes this weekend which I'll spray paint fluorescent orange which will make them the new stakes stand out a bit more to the eye. Park at Gardner and make way to the first baseball diamond (closest to Westview) and right off 3rd baseline you will see the first marker/stake along with what Lockland is current using for a tee off area. The first basket is up the hill in between the trees. After you finish that hole head right and you will see the next marker/stake just past the stairs coming down from Westview. Once you finish number 2 head down the path past the picnic area and you will see an exercise up ahead on your left. I have went on ahead and created a google map showing each hole too which I will email to anyone that's interested. My email is Robby.wolfenden@getauto.com It's coming along and am excited to see new faces down there slinging. Please note that it's easy to lose a disc so bring a few junkers:)
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:52:02 PM

"Please note that it's easy to lose a disc so bring a few junkers:) "

How easy is it to loose a disc? That is not a good thing for someone wanting to play there to hear.
Is that because of woods/yards/swamps?
discndat
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:45:25 PM

Mike, you live 15 minutes away - go check it out and see for yourself. You could have walked there and played it and given us all a report in the time you asked about it. Just joking with youlaugh
mikejenkins1
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 11:36:25 AM

I hope to after this weekend.
discndat
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 11:47:01 AM

Good deal Mike. Let us know.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 12:15:33 PM

Mill Creek runs along the last 4 holes; if you become careless it's possible your disc will end up in there. I have donated two to Mill Creek due to the amount of rain we have received this year. Normally the water's not flowing as fast and you/I could retrieve our discs easily but Mother Nature has had different plans this Spring. There's some brush on a few holes (nothing too major) which can take some time to find your discs if you happen to throw into it. I would stay away from green/yellow discs.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 7:40:10 PM

Well did not make it Sunday but hope to sometime. Like I told Robby, very busy time of year. Had wedding on Sat to go to and then Sunday had to catch up on 1 month delay of yard work due to rain. So hopefully someone else can write a review.
kenbowski
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:21:52 PM

I played the course yesterday around noon and I saw that the tee pads were marked, but are they doing more with the tee pads such has putting in concrete pads or putting up signs?
Rwolfenden
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 12:58:07 PM

Did you like the course? I've been told that they will be doing mulch pads and signs should be coming soon. I'll see if I can get more info (ETA) from Council and give an update as soon as I know. I played down there last night and noticed that some of the "stakes" have been taken out. To eliminate any confusion on direction feel free to email me at Robby.wolfenden@getauto.com and I also have printed maps at my house (150 yards away from the course) and can be reached at 513-253-7669 after 5pm Mon-Friday.  I'm out of town this Sat-Monshocked
Discgolfnut
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:53:22 AM

I've played the course a few times and found it enjoyable enough. There were minor issues playing along the ball fields and walking path. Do not think I would play this course if there was a lot going on it the park. I would say most of the holes are par 3 or par 2 and hole 7 is reminiscent of Winton Woods 11 except there is a mighty tree in front of the basket. Holes 3 and 9 around fun shots The course flows counter clockwise beginning at bottom of the entrance road to the park just inside to the left of guard rail. The walk from hole 2 to pad 3 is around 100 yards down the walking path. A nice alternative to the crowded Winton Woods course.
ccs
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:54:30 PM

I stopped at Gardner Park today and found it to be pretty enjoyable. Like discgolfnut said, the first tee is next to the bottom of the gardrail at the entrance. I would guess the distances, starting at hole one, to be:
120', 275', 350', 150', 240', 550', 70', 195', 300'.
Holes four, five, six, and nine play on, around, and over a paved walking path. I don't think I would want to play the course with a lot of people around, but I had fun.
no putts
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 6:05:34 PM

I played Gardner for the first time today. The course was fun enough. Hard to follow with only ground level tee markers. Never found nine tee. However I did manage to leave my yellow orc on the fairway on whole nine. If found pm me or post here. It's old would love to get it back.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 10:51:35 AM

#9 is straight ahead (50 feet or so) of 8 basket. There is a big white post sticking up out of the ground marking the "out of bounds" line for the baseball field on field 3! As soon as you finish 8 keep walking toward the parking lot and you will see the big post and the "marker" for 9 tee off is right next to it.
mikekem
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:20:56 AM

Added this to course page. If anyone has a map, pictures, better description, or anything else to add let me know.