Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

NEW 9 HOLE COURSE GARDNER PARK LOCKLAND OHIO 45215 Options
Rwolfenden
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:24:47 PM

Email me at Robby.Wolfenden@dealerspecialties.com for a map:)
Rwolfenden
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:51:01 PM

Photos/Info for this course is also found on dg coursereview at http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4547&mode=rev

Rwolfenden
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:22:23 PM

greenhills
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 12:49:06 PM

What's the latest word on this course? Did the signage ever get put up? It it marked well enough to easily play it?

thanks.....
ccs
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:06:43 PM

greenhills wrote:
What's the latest word on this course? Did the signage ever get put up? It it marked well enough to easily play it? thanks.....

The course plays counter clockwise starting between the baseball diamond and the entrance to the park. The tee markers are mounted on the ground and there are no tees. The park is not big and you can find your way around but it may help to find someone who has played the course before.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:19:01 AM

There are signs up now which are easy to spot where each hole is located. Pull in the parking lot and you will see Baseball Diamond 1 which is the field you see when entering the park. The first hole starts there and then just follow the poles which are sticking up out of the ground with the hole # located on the pole too. Progress has been made!
Rwolfenden
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:17:25 PM

Latest reviews on Gardner Park (Lockland)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4547&mode=rev

amatz
Posted: Friday, October 14, 2011 7:04:25 PM

I noticed new blue tee markers on holes 3, 7 & 9 away from the red markers. On hole 7, it is back & to the left of the red tee. On holes 3 & 9 they are tens of feet closer to the hole. Does anyone know whether they will be changing the tee locations or will be having multiple tees with varying distances?
mikejenkins1
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:18:47 PM

Rwolfenden?
Rwolfenden
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 10:28:17 AM

Sorry, I just read this. I played down there last night and noticed the same thing on 3 and a couple other holes. I'm going to say it's safe to assume that this will be another place to play each hole. They are real pushy on making this course 18holes and explained that there's not enough room down there for this to happen. They are thinking "disc" is similar to golf and when there are 9hole courses as you can play 9 holes from different "tees" to make a course 18 holes. My only concern with this is congestion, on holes,down the road. Not sure who's responsible for creating this "extra 9" but oh well...we'll see how it turns out.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 6:28:25 AM

Well it took me almost to the end of the season but my oldest son and my daughter and I played the course Sunday morning. That is a nice hidden park. The course has a fairly easy to figure out layout once you get to hole 1. I like the wood markers for each hole as that helps. I think a sign from 2 - 3 would help so people dont wander looking for the next tee. And maybe a sign for basket 6 as that one is really hidden. I had a map so we just started throwing that way and then finally saw the basket. But I would give the course 3 1/2 stars. I really like how the baskets are behind trees a lot and having to navigate those. It is a quick course so you could play twice even. I did not see any confusing marks or paint on the ground when there. I will be back again that is for sure as it is a fun course to play.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 1:18:15 PM

^^^Great news Mr. Jenkins! I'm glad you enjoyed it!^^^
greenhills
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 8:30:24 AM

I played Saturday for the first time and thought it was an interesting course. I think the distance between #2 basket and #3 tee is too long, but I did find it. Having the mill creek running behind there really kept me from throwing hard, but it is a great course to work on the shorter shots.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:06:19 AM

I agree w/ you on the distance between 2 and 3 but we weren't able to put another hole between them due to playground, trees, houses on the right, and if there were any walkers coming up the hill toward #2 basket it could be a discomfort to the fellow Lockland residents or other demographics utilizing the 1 mile walking path and having to stop for "us." **Please be advised that The Village has begun a "B" location to throw from (no signage up yet but for those of you who remember when this course first became available that The Village was using little red discs on the ground as a temporary tee off) and the "B" location (which are blue discs in the ground) are availabe on 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,&9. I haven't found #6 yet and not sure if there's one there or not...If you would like for me to create another map showing both "A" and "B" locations I'd be more than happy to and can be emailed at Robby.Wolfenden@getauto.com.
chiahead024
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 11:00:10 AM

This is an excellent course for a short round. Play it at lunch at least once a week. Less than 10 min from my office in Blue Ash. From the red tees plays with a lot of variety for a 9 hole course (trees, elevation, short/long, etc). REALLY like this course as a 9 hole course from the red tees.

Tried the new blue "B" tees last time out. For the most part don't like them. They seem forced and extraneous. In some cases they present pretty much the same hole (#2). In some cases they are in ridiculous locations (#1 - why bring the shed into play? #9 - why put it behind the concrete box?). In all the other cases they just make the hole longer/shorter but the lines are pretty much the same. Recommend just playing the red tees twice if you want to get 18 in. Or play 9 and then cut across the park on the path and start again at #3.

FYI - to echo Rwolfenden's comments...I don't think there is a "B" tee for hole #6. We looked all over the place and couldn't find one. Not sure what you could do besides make the hole a little shorter anyway.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 11:48:12 AM

Thanks for the feedback Chiahead! I agree w/ you on the "blue" tees. Again...I'm not sure who's responsible but I will chat w/ my buddy on council and see if we (my Cousin and I) could restructure their idea for the "blue" tees and will keep everyone posted if there's going to be a change. I love playing the "red" too as it really takes full advantage of the land they have down there. That's awesome you're slingin at lunch and I agree, it flows well if you're on a time schedule.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:14:16 AM

Yeah, I mentioned the same about gap between hole 2 and 3. I just think a nice sign there pointing and instructing where to go would help out. We started spending time looking for the next tee and figured it must be here somewhere.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:00:02 AM

Sounds like a plan! I'll put one up this weekend.
amatz
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:47:52 AM

I played there this week. I found the blue tee for hole 6, it is about 25% further up on the right near the woods.
Rwolfenden
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:18:40 AM

Yeah, they're all out there now. The REDS are the way to go though as that's what we designed and makes sense compared to "their" blues that they decided to put in. I"m working w/ one of their councilman on changing the blues which someone just threw together....
mikejenkins1
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 8:04:44 PM

Ok, just got back from playing there (2 rounds). Was not as wet today as I figured. Ok, so looking for all red and blue. Red are at the tees where expected. Only found about 3 or 4 of the blue ones. The one on 4 is way up close to the hole. So where is the one on 2? We looked all around the hillside. Nice crowd on our first 9. There was a group on about every hole. Like the course but the first few do make you climb a bit, but just a little out of shape now.
mikejenkins1
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2012 10:06:53 AM

Also, I did not see any signs telling people where to go for tee #3. Did you put up a sign robby?
Rwolfenden
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:44:05 PM

Sorry I'm just now replying but for whatever reason they took the sign down that I put up. Also *EXCITING NEWS* we are in the mix of creating a back 9 which will be the BLUE TEES. We are going to start hole 10 off throwing back to # 9 basket and then hole 11 will be throwing back to #8 basically once you finish 9 you would then turn back and go the opposite way. I met w/ Lockland's council Monday night and spoke about my thoughts which it looks like I have the "go ahead" and will be working on it more this weekend. Just like before I will post a map on here once it's complete (shouldn't take more than a few hours out there to complete since I have a blue print in mind already for the blues) for everyone to use. I'm pushing for something for the public to have access to (like a mailbox or something) so I can keep maps of the course stocked down there for every prospect who shows up to follow. They do have blues on every single hole out there too. The blue on #2 was placed right in front of the restroom down to the left about 40 feet in front of the reds (you'll see the bathroom once teeing off #2). I'm noticing more and more play too which is exciting and look forward to this next step being complete!
amatz
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:01:54 PM

You say after you finish 9 you turn around and go the opposite way. Wouldn't hole ten then be #8 basket? Where would you be shooting backward from to get to #9 basket?
amatz
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:11:42 PM

That also seems that would create havoc on a busy day people playing towards each other on the front & back sides. I know in regular golf that would not be a good idea.