Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Devou CCS Options
L_Stephens
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:45:01 PM

An Intermediate Division can be offered....AND if you are in the running for the seasonal Rec Division....and your PDGA rating is higher than 900....you can STILL play Rec because you are playing for a series championship...just let the TD know why you want to play below your rating....it's all allowed from the PDGA.

I know I'm in the minority here...but for the last two years I've been saying all our CCS events should be PDGA C-tiers.

One other note of interest. If we are a PDGA Sanctioned event...we need to play the first round in our own division instead of having multi divisional cards like we have traditionally done.
Ben Shooner
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:15:12 PM

topherb wrote:
   Im pretty sure nobody wants to donate there money and be  forced to play in a division there not in! I know i don't! 

It goes both ways. I play Open in most CCS because it allows me to play with players better than myself and to me-that is worth the extra $-even though I've only cashed one time in a CCS. But I always play Adv in any PDGA-yet my rating says I should be playing Am2. So what division you're 'in' is pretty arbitrary.
topherb
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:53:46 AM

Ben Shooner wrote:

It goes both ways. I play Open in most CCS because it allows me to play with players better than myself and to me-that is worth the extra $-even though I've only cashed one time in a CCS. But I always play Adv in any PDGA-yet my rating says I should be playing Am2. So what division you're 'in' is pretty arbitrary.
   im glad u have money to throw away but thats not the case for everyone ben! 
perica
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:46:41 PM

Yeah, Latonia is super rich and uppity.
Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:46:47 PM

Perica FTW! As always an aptly timed comment.
topherb
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 10:21:54 AM

you dont have to be rich to waste money! thats why the poor stay poor!
Valet
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 9:40:28 PM

why do the poor stay poor? I'm missing something here...bad choices? Or getting ripped off? Just trying to figure this out.
perica
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:11:38 PM

I believe the thread has been hijacked with this sociological discussion of economic advancement ... and some pretty broad-brush statements. Wasn't this about the Devou course challenge?
T_Vincent
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 8:52:15 PM

Ok, so we can get this thread back on track, here is the basket list as I see it right now.

The Club has three nice metal baskets. And Dave Marlow has a personal one he can bring as well.

We know Jeff Eades has a few baskets that he will be able to bring.

Others that I have found that will bring a basket include Paul Leisring, Fishnet, Adam Jones, Ben Shooner, Troy Ison, Brian Trapp, Jim Ferrera & Eric Calton. My metal one will be saved for if we need it.

Jeff has gotten a yes from Steve Tharp, and he has a cloth basket.

Christopher Behymer said he has one to bring.

Others had one for Rapid Run, I hope to hear from them to see if they would bring their baskets. These include; Pete Caldwell, Drew Miller (RH), Mike Kemner, Cyrus Fuhrman, Dan Hollingshead & Chad Harrod. Lou Dench has an Instep could be used, if needed if he brought it.

If everyone on this list brings a basket we have enough. I know others that have fabric baskets, and I hope they will not be needed. Although if they are brought, we will put them up until a metal one is there to replace it.

Yes this CC will cost more, but how often will we be able to play a 18 hole Disc Golf course at Devou Park. Remember, they came to us about doing this, let’s make this a great turnout. Personally, I will be spending about double my normal cost since I am not a PDGA member, but I would not miss this chance to play a temp course at Devou.

As for pricing we will post the information as soon as we know.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:32:35 PM

You can count on my basket, I'll have to give it to someone to bring though because it's my wife's birthday so unfortunately I won't be able to make it
DAMarlow
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:08:12 PM

It’s official; the August GCFDA course challenge tournament will be Sunday August 14, 2011 at Devou Park in Covington, KY. We just today received the permit to hold the tournament at Devou. We will be setting up a temporary course to hold this tournament. In order to hold this tournament at Devou we had to get insurance. To get insurance we sanctioned the tournament through the PDGA. Because we had to sanctioned the tournament through the PDGA an additional $2 will be added to all entry fees. For non-PDGA participants an additional $10 fee will be added. PDGA members should bring their PDGA membership card as proof of current membership. The same divisions will be available as the ones offered at other course challenge tournaments. We will be setting up the course between 7:00 and 8:30 AM Sunday. A Pay-Pal account will be set up so that you can pre-register if you would like. There will be a $2 charge to use Pay-Pal. Registration the day of the tournament will take place at the Volpenhein Pavilion.

File Attachment(s):
Devou temp 8 14 11.pdf (251kb) downloaded 110 time(s).

discndat
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:27:40 PM

To help all involved in this unique CCS event we have set up Pre-Registration through Paypal ($2 convienience fee applies). Since this course has not been played by anyone, you will want to get out and play some of it the morning of the tourney. It will be a busy morning for all involved so pre-registration is highly suggested. You'll be glad you did. 

Pre-Register for CCS PDGA C-Tier at Devou Park
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 1:26:25 PM

Registrations are coming in. Here's the latest Devou CCS C-Tier Registration List

You can register online at Pre-Register for Devou CCS C-Tier 8/14/11 or you can register by phone using a credit card - $2 processing fee applies - at 859.371.3668 or stop by the store and pay with credit card or cash.

We would really appreciate pre-registration. You will too.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2011 9:55:27 AM

Here's some information about the PDGA $10 Non-Member fee that may be of interest to some of you. When you do this you can become a Supporting Member and receive a lifetime PDGA number, a mini and a rulebook - so you do get something back for your $10 including getting to play in this PDGA event.  Also when you become a Supporting Member you can exchange your $10 fee for a $10 discount on a Full Membership. The link below will give you the complete information.

This is not done automatically. You need to contact the PDGA at the following link: Supporting PDGA Member

agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:22:26 AM

Looks from Tony's last count is 18 basket's that is using a couple cloth ones so any one with a metal one that would be able to let us use it would be great.
T_Vincent
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 11:42:26 AM

I have heard from Cyrus, he will be able to bring his metal basket. If you have not looked at the map of the course, we have three temp holes that we will use if needed. So please bring all baskets, thanks.
finnhawc
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 12:56:33 PM

What kind of cloth baskets? DGA Mach Lites are superior to most portable metal baskets- light and easy to move and they catch perfectly. If you have any crappy M-14s, please don't use them as they suck. I have a Mach Lite that I will bring as a back-up.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 4:26:41 PM

I will have the following; 1 Innova DISCatcher Pro (black top with Bengals stickers), 1 Red DGA Mach Lite portable(extra),
several cans of orange marking paint if needed, Marking flags if needed, CFR Discs for Airy to sell.
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:34:06 AM

I will take registrations for CCS Devou tonight at the Wednesday Doubles at Banklick for anyone who wants to sign up. Online Pre-Registration will end Friday morning so we can have all the cash for the tournament on Sunday. We've got about 20 pre-registered now. I really do suggest you pre-register to save yourself some time on Sunday morning. I know you'd rather be out there checking out the course  than standing in a registration line. Going to be a beautiful day!!!
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:00:27 PM

NEngle
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:49:03 PM

Where do we check in?
agentdozzer
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 5:12:57 AM

There is a shelter across the parking lot from the Dress Pavilion, can't find the name of it at the moment but if you head towards the Pavilion you can't miss it on the right.
discndat
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 6:42:23 AM

I think it is called Volpehnheim (sp?) shelter.
discndat
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 1:31:19 PM

I'm leaving Pre-Registration up for a few more hours. It will save you a lot of time on Sunday morning.
discndat
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:31:27 AM

Ok, LAST CHANCE - I can leave the  Pre-Registration up till later this Saturday 8/13/11 afternoon.  It will save you a lot of time on Sunday morning.