Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Cabin Creek Labor Day Tournament Options
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:27:18 PM

Info to come soon

Basics though

Monday September 5th @ Cabin Creek Disc Golf Course

Thanks To the Erkenbrecher's for allowing us to use there great piece of land to play the sport we love.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 4:46:54 PM

Cabin Creek Open
A PDGA C-Tier Event
Monday September 5th (Labor Day)
Cabin Creek Disc Golf Course
Division Cost
Pro open $45
Pro Women $35
Pro Masters $35
Advanced $35
Advanced Women $25
Advanced Masters $30
Intermediate $30
Intermediate Women $25
Recreational $25
Non-pdga member fee  $10
Entry Includes: 1 Disc, $1 ace fund, $2 course Fund, $2 PDGA Fee
Registrations before 9-2 will also receive a tournament stamped disc of their choice. The earlier you sign up the more likely you are to get your first choice. Registrations after 9-2 will not get a disc.

Tournament Details
Field will be limited to 90 players
Divisions will be paid out to approximately 50% of the Field
Amateurs will be paid out in Funny Money
All PDGA rules must be followed
The 2 meter rule will not be in use
Water will be casual on the course
Registration /Check-In 8:00-8:45
Players Meeting 9:05
1st Round Tee 9:30
Lunch Time 1:30-2:30
2nd Round Tee 2:45
Awards 6:30
All times are approximate and subject to change

Course Details: more details to come
It is a private course, you must call and get permission to play
Phone # -  Midge Erkenbrecher 513-726-1048

Directions
Take I-75 South to ST RT 129 (Butler Co Regional Hwy.) West to Hamilton. Cross Rt. 4 and continue straight onto High St. and cross the Great Miami River. You will then be on Main St. Go through town and at the last light make a right onto Eaton Ave. (there will be a hospital sign pointing right) Eaton Ave. turns into Eaton Rd once you get out of town. Follow Eaton for approximately 6.3 miles. We will be located on the left-hand side of the road. There is a small sign that says Cabin Creek on it, but it sits back off the road. Look for the address 4117 and a big orange mailbox. Turn left and follow the driveway 1/3 of a mile back to the field.

Lunch - There is limited food in the area, So please order a sandwich or pack your lunch.
You will of course be able to leave, there is limited time for the lunch break so don't be late coming back.
We are offering sandwich's from a local market called Seven Mile Market.  You can order food the morning of the tournament.

Sponsorship - If you are willing to sponsor the event somehow. I truly appreciate it. Feel free to call me.  If you

Registration Form :
Name ____________________________________
Division______________ PDGA # _________
Sponsorship $______  Lunch $______Total Cost$ _________
Phone #____________ Email__________________________
Contact information will only be used if I need to get a hold of you if there is problem.
Disc Choice
Z-Buzz SS ____  D Challenger ____
Z-Nuke ___  Z-Force _____ Preferred Weight ______
Place a 1-4 on which disc you prefer and if there is a specific weight you would like please put it down.
"I hereby hold blameless and fully release the Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA), Greater Cincinnati Flying Disc Association, the tournament directors, The Erkenbrechers, and all tournament partners/sponsors and individuals or parties associated with the Cabin Creek Open Tournament, from all liability of personal damage or injury which I may incur before, during or after my participation in this event. I accept full and sole responsibility for any damage I may cause through negligence and/or malice, including damages or injuries caused by my own throws in practice or competition.
Send Registration and Check to
Matthew Blakely
955 hampton ct
lebanon, ohio 45036

There will be a Website with online registration put up soon.

Phil Miller
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:52:36 PM

Awesome looking forward to this.
Mitch_Albrecht
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 6:45:22 PM

Thanks for the hard work to get this tournament going. I'll sign up once online registration is up.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2011 12:15:09 PM

website should hopefully be up later today or tomorrow.

I will be unavailable by phone till 8/15/2011 - You can leave me a voicemail or email if you have any questions.  I will be able to call you back, but an email will definitly be easier.
matthew_blakely@hotmail.com

DanH
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 3:39:35 AM

The Cabin Creek Open website is up!  Go to www.discgolftour.com/cabincreek to register.

If anyone notices anything missing or wrong with the website, please let me know.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Saturday, August 13, 2011 4:03:16 AM

There was a bug with the website. Everything is fixed now though.

Remember if you sign up earlier you are more likely to get the disc of your choice. If you wait until the weekend leading up to it you won't get the free disc of your choice. Payouts are always decent for ams and pros alike. How often do you get to play Cabin Creek? Registration should be updated in a few days too.

It makes my life easier! Sign up now www.discgolftour.com/cabincreek
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:40:35 PM

Message for Troy Ison.

Which disc did you and Jeremy want?

agentdozzer
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:14:15 PM

Just signed up, having never played I checked a map of the place out which layout will we be playing?
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:24:02 PM

The final layout is not complete but I will post later once I have it figured out.
Troy
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 9:24:38 PM

matthew_blakely wrote:
Message for Troy Ison. Which disc did you and Jeremy want? Sign Up now to get the disc you want?

Both of them to be Z Force - 175 please.
GIES2525
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:17:37 AM

Just played there yesterday! Bill and Midge have done a really nice job on keeping the fairways maintained, and cutting a few overhanging limbs that where in the way. The course is definitely playable, but be ready for some lucky/unlucky bounces throughout the day! They say that "golf" is a game of inches, well thats really the case @ this course. Very fun and challenging. reminds me of a smaller/rougher version of Mt. Airy.
Mitch_Albrecht
Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:47:34 PM

Just signed up. I'll see if I can get the group I play with interested in going.
charlottediscgolf
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 10:41:06 AM

2 of us coming up from charlotte for the event, we have the outlaw team invitational in Peoria the weekend after so we decided to hit this c tier on monday, we want to hit Idlewild, Mt. Airy, and Lincoln Ridge on Tuesday after the cabin creek tourny if anyone is interested in throwing with us then. thanks guys, see you in a couple of weeks.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:22:24 PM

Remeber the earlier you sign up the more likely you are to get the disc of your choice!

There is a deadline(9-2) for getting the free disc in your players pack - So pre-register and get a disc.

AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 6:24:43 PM

charlottediscgolf wrote:
2 of us coming up from charlotte for the event, we have the outlaw team invitational in Peoria the weekend after so we decided to hit this c tier on monday, we want to hit Idlewild, Mt. Airy, and Lincoln Ridge on Tuesday after the cabin creek tourny if anyone is interested in throwing with us then. thanks guys, see you in a couple of weeks.

I would like to show you around at Mt.Airy, give me a shout at 513-255-7275 or txt what time you plan on playing there.
charlottediscgolf
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:19:58 AM

i think we plan on doing idlewild Sunday once we get into town, than Mt airy and Lincoln Tuesday, what is convient for you? we probably will plan on hitting the first one of the two around 9am Tuesday morning, let me know what works for you, if you want to do Mt airy first thing on tuesday morning, or make it our 2nd round of the day for a later start for you, whatever is cool with us, thanks man, it will be cool to toss some plastic with a local. any local feedback on good food and variety of local drafts in the same place?

update: doing Lincoln ridge sunday afternoon, and Idlewild at 9a.m. and then Mt. Airy following that round on tuesday (Sept.6th)
Ben Shooner
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:39:40 AM

Hoffbrahaus in Newport has great German food and beer...as does Rock Bottom downtown. Fries in Clifton doesn't have food but has great beer and is pretty close to Airy.
charlottediscgolf
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:06:55 AM

thanks ben, look forward to throwing/checking out the area for a few days.
Jay Dub
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 12:51:02 PM

charlottediscgolf wrote:
i think we plan on doing idlewild Sunday once we get into town, than Mt airy and Lincoln Tuesday, what is convient for you? we probably will plan on hitting the first one of the two around 9am Tuesday morning, let me know what works for you, if you want to do Mt airy first thing on tuesday morning, or make it our 2nd round of the day for a later start for you, whatever is cool with us, thanks man, it will be cool to toss some plastic with a local. any local feedback on good food and variety of local drafts in the same place?

update: doing Lincoln ridge sunday afternoon, and Idlewild at 9a.m. and then Mt. Airy following that round on tuesday (Sept.6th)

I think for best results I would suggest you play Idlewild Sunday afternoon then Lincoln Ridge Tuesday morning & Mt Airy Tue afternoon.
The reasons are that Idlewild does not get as crowded as LR and Sunday afternoon, although not bad, would be about the worst time to play LR as far as crowds go.
All 3 courses are a good hike but Idlewild 24 holes is what  I would want to do by itself in one day. It will take you about 4 hours to play if you're a group of 3-4.

But I'm becoming an old man so it might not be that bad for you all. cold 

matthew_blakely
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:14:27 PM

Went out to the Course today and did some work and play.  The course is looking great.  The Erckenbreckers have been doing tons of work and it shows.  So sign up now and see this great Private Course.  

Hole

Distance

356 / 465

275 / 265

296 / 368

293 / 321

File Attachment(s):
cabin Creek map.pdf (95kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

AdamJ
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 9:05:29 AM

added to events schedule.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:53:47 PM

People are starting to sign up now, so if you want a certain disc better hurry up and signup. Sign up now and make my life easier at www.discgolftour.com/cabincreek

The course will be open for play on september 4th after 12pm.
I will also be holding a weekly event Thursday Evening if people are interested. format is up to the public - Singles / Doubles whatever gets the most votes.
Tell me what you want people. Singles or doubles?
Tee off at 5:45 pm. try and be there a few minutes before.
matthew_blakely
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 6:01:07 PM

The discs are in and look pretty good.
Sign up by the end of friday and recieve a disc in your players pack. Your Choice! Wait to long and you might not get your first choice. Wait past Friday and get no disc in your players pack. I just put a bunch of CTPS together too!

matthew_blakely
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2011 7:11:48 PM

I will probably be out at mt airy on tuesday night. You can bring your money and sign up if you see me tomorrow.

otherwise - Sign up now and make my life easier at www.discgolftour.com/cabincreek