Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

October 10th Club Meeting Options
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2011 10:21:40 AM

The October 10th Club Meeting will be held at Obryan's on Madison Rd. in Obryonville starting at 7P.M. Larry Parker from Cincinnati Parks will be in attendance to discuss the possibility of pay to play in Cincinnati Parks.
pcaldwell
Posted: Sunday, October 09, 2011 5:21:36 PM

I really hope this is just a scare tactic....like school boards cutting bus transportation and sports first. I pay over 2% of __my salary to the city and about all I get from it is Mt. Airy. Are they talking about pay to swing, walk, hike, birdwatch, picnic, dog park, basketball, tennis, etc.? In a town with only a couple courses it cpuld be feasible and maybe even ok- if it led to additional courses. But in Cincy, with all of our DG options, it would be ridiculous.
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 9:42:31 AM

Havent been able to make the last couple meeting's but what is all the talk I hear about doing away with the lifetime membership? We have alot of lifetime member's and I feel we should honor what they signed up for, a lifetime membership should be just that a lifetime due to the club.
GStrick
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 11:45:01 AM

Lets face it, the lifetime membership is not fair to the club. If you would like the club to continue as is, there needs to be money flow. There are more and more courses around town every year that the club sponsors. Whether it's extra money or volunteer time, something should change with that outdated membership fee model.

I remember when I first joined. A wise man told me the lifetime membership was an unfair deal. Not for him, but for the club. I see now what he was talking about. I got the lifetime and I wish I took his advise. To compensate for my short sightedness, I tried to volunteer but for the past few years time has been very valuable to me. I have been sponsoring holes at local tournaments trying to do my part.

Either way, I'll give to the club in one form or another as long as I'm playing this sport. I hope we can all agree on that.
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 12:24:46 PM

I have only been a club member for two years and the clubs treasury has barely moved I believe it was around 8 grand and has stayed there over the last two years. It's not fair to sign up for a lifetime membership and then have it taken away from you. I agree its bad business for the club and they shouldnt offer it in the future but those of us that have it shouldnt be asked to pay a annual fee.
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 1:40:30 PM

I do believe the discussion was for future Lifetime memberships and not taking away a current lifetime membership.
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 2:23:02 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Dan.