Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

New Creations - Living Waters DGC Options
kenbowski
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:28:42 AM

There is a new course close to Richmond, IN that just opened up earlier this year.  I contacted Chainrattler from the dgcoursereview and played a round whith him because he is one of the guys that help create the course.  It is a really nice course, so I would recomend checking it out as soon as you get a chance.  It is a private course, so your best bet is to either look up Chainrattler or  Jhenson0515 (both course creators) and set up a date to play with them.  I have a pass that I was able to get through the New Creations Church.  You can look me up, but my free time is usually limited.  There is the dgcoursereview page on the course so check it out.  http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=4851&mode=rev
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:36:53 AM

Is anyone up for checking this place out tomorrow?
gw0904
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:21:53 PM

Went there yesterday - didn't realize it was private and drove right up to it.

It's definitely worth the trip. There is not a boring hole on the course, and having two tees and multiple pin positions on every hole makes it a course you will want to play more than once. Navigation is super easy, the fairways are generous, and the water comes into play just enough to make it interesting.

Hole length is not listed on the tee markers, so take a map or card so you have some idea of the distances on the shorter holes.

Enjoy!
kenbowski
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:01:38 PM

They are working on the signs now. It is ran off of donations currently, but hopefully it makes enough money to keep it looking good. They are also working on getting some concrete pads too, but half of the course is in Indiana and the other half is in Ohio, so they have some zoning things that they have to go through before they start laying concrete. They are wanting to start having tournaments there starting as early as next year, so I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. They already have 3 basket locations on each hole. It is set at position B right now, and I would say that position C will be used for the tournaments because it will make the holes more difficult. They are also in the works to get some more course put in in the Richmond, IN area. When I talked to the creator of this course, he said that he has permission to make 1 more course in Richmond, IN, trying to get permission for a second new one, and was talking with a guy that was interested in putting in another course. That is potentially 3 new course that are being planned out in Richmond. Hopefully it will be a nice meeting grounds for people in Cincy/Dayton to meet up with some Indy guys.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2011 7:08:20 PM

We had someone stop by the shop and say that we shouldn't waste our time. I guess we'll give it a shot. We're meeting at the Nati at 10 if anyone wants to go.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2011 11:00:35 AM

We played the shorts(red course)because we thought we would have time to play it twice, one shorts and one longs. In hindsight we should have played the longs first. From the shorts the front was challenging but the back was really short, too short for our skill levels and with the six of us it took too long to play 18, especially since we threw a couple off the cliff on #15(don't go right on that hole).

Over all it was a beautiful, scenic course and once the tee signs and tee pads are in it will make it that much more enjoyable, it's worth the trip. Play the longs first though.
kenbowski
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:35:03 PM

Has anyone else had a chance to check out this course and what are your thoughts? If they held a tournament at this course, would you be interested in playing in it?
dettmerb
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:01:27 AM

I played it in November with the course creators. They have plans to install signage in the spring. I played the short tee's and the pins in the B position. They stated A position would be used for tourney's. I think the long tee's and A position pins would be a good tourney. They also have ideas for tourney's to play one round in standard counter-clockwise direction around the lake and then play a second round clockwise. I would definitely be interested in going back, I enjoyed my round (except for losing one in the lake) :(