Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Work 2012 Options
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:42:58 PM

Make sure you got pants vs. shorts. As for tools, a shovel would be idea. The extra lumber is for installing a donation box...working on getting one of those super heavy, iron cast, bank depository drops. The lumber for the tees is treated, but we have plenty of walkways to build so if you do have treated lumber you can donate that would be awesome.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:52:46 AM

Yesterday we endured the heat and have bush hogged holes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15, and part of 17. We need people helping with Tee box installs, hand clearing debris so we can start mowing fairways, Trimming branches, Piling debris and timber and much more.

Tools: bring anything you think will help such as chainsaw, pole-saw, loppers, shovels. mattock. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. Map and directions on prior posts and call me if your coming at 513-255-7275. Need 1 or 2 guys with trucks to haul tee box materials around the course, 4x4 is nice but not necessary.

We had a total of 8 people out and where able to get a ton of work accomplished, a dozen more days like that and we should be ready by July. Thanks again to Matt, Tim, Keith and Brad from Ky. Yo East-siders...where ya at????
sisyphus
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:12:23 PM

Sorry Adam: played Turtlecreek Open on Saturday, but can help for a few hours tomorrow (Monday) before it gets too hot. I managed to get a good case of poison ivy out there in just an hour or so last Monday, so the long pants are a smart idea, folks. Any tips on hydration and cooling?
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:11:06 PM

We have been using Eric's water cooler, and I will be bringing another one out next time so water is readily available. Vending machine coming in the future, and I believe the possibility of a drinking fountain.

Yah shorts will get ya in trouble, I know its hot but you should all wear long pants for safety sake. Plenty of stuff to mess you up but now all the fairways are easily walkable and throw-able. Tomorrow/Memorial day Andrew and Eric will be out early and I will be taken a break and might stop out later in the afternoon. Tuesday we need hands to help install tee box's. Anyone with weed whackers/trimmers we have work for you to.
InnocentCrook
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:28:33 AM

Glad we were able to come up and help for a bit on Saturday. Big thanks to you guys for all the hard work you've done and continue to do. Course is looking great.

It's a bit of a haul for some of us N. Ky'ers, but I'm hoping I'll get up there a few more times to help out when I get the chance.

Pants are an absolute must! Even with pants on you're gonna get a bit scratched up, without them you're asking for trouble. Be sure to use some sunblock as well. I was working under the canopy of trees pretty much all day on Saturday, but still managed to get a little sunburn on my arms.

Tim
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:40:06 AM

Thank you Tim and friends, hope to see ya's again soon.

I was able to haul the lumber for the tee boxes to all the holes tee areas, so today and the next few days we will be focused on installing them and back-filling with gravel. If we get some more help this week the course could be playable in the next few weeks. I will be out there everyday for the next 5 days or so from Dawn till Dusk.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2012 2:27:24 AM

yo was thinkin bout cominh out sunday but i have no tools lol but i can maybe put a few hours in laboring
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2012 10:28:44 AM

Adam, I have a really good weed eater that I can bring out and use. If you can assign me an area I'll try to come out next week. Thanks for the hard work, the course is looking good.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:58:56 AM

We have all the tools for projects we are focused on. We need lots of help just picking up large debri and junk from the fairways so we can start mowing them.

Fred, weed eat all you want, best thing is print a map(link in previous posts) and start walking the course. We plan on mulching around the bigger trees and tee boxes in the future.

We should have all the tee boxes made, leveled and back-filled by today's end.
Ordering materials for basket installs now.
If anyone does come out and help work on the course, but we are not there or aware of your participation please contact me directly so I can add it to the records I am keeping, thanks.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 4:29:14 PM

Adam, I won't be able to make it out there this week. We will be working on Idlewild to make sure it looks as good as it can for the BGO.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:34:36 PM

Fred Salaz wrote:
Adam, I won't be able to make it out there this week. We will be working on Idlewild to make sure it looks as good as it can for the BGO.

just played out there thursday no complaints looked pretty good out there might want to have the fountains near first tee looked at they werent working lost a orange star teedevil if you want it its somewhere in between 15 fairway and 6th tee hate that disc lol
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:06:50 AM

Thanks Fred for stopping by and checking things out. Let us all know if we can help with Idlewild or Lincoln Ridge to prepare for the Bluegrass Open this weekend. I'm back home this week, taking a break from working the past two weeks out at Goshen. I will try and stop by the shop.

Course update:

All tee boxes are built and installed and have the gravel base. Four tees still need the chips base to which we are out of till next delivery.
Fly18 rubber tee pads are being ordered and shipped this week, possible delivery by Friday or early next week.
Extra sleeves and materials for basket installations are being purchased and organized and should be ready by next week also.
Club has donated just over $1,000 to cover basket installs and materials(aside from baskets that Park has purchased.
Contract in place and signed with Goshen Park District...details to be posted soon.
Final cutting and clearing of fairways is current priority so we can start mowing fairways and greens.
Hole sponsorships being taken now to help cover costs, contact Andrew Miller for all donations and details.

Plenty to do and very simply, the more help we get the faster this will be playable. Big thanks to all those new faces that came out the last few weeks, glad to have ya and hope to see ya's back soon.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:09:48 AM

brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:45:31 AM

that looks awesome
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 12:55:16 PM

Adam, Drew and all who have helped on this course - a big thank you! you've done a great job. It's hard to believe that's the same land I saw in the beginning.
telusive
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 11:15:41 AM

Hey, has the graffiti at banklick been taken care of? Was gonna play there today with some non acetone polish remover and try to get rid of some of it
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 1:14:57 PM

anderson twp. park district is planning a course at johnson hills park which is east of newtown up on the hill off bridle lane near little dry run the park has had some EPA issues getting started was wondering if anyone had heard anything and if you guys didnt know about it maybe you should get ahold of them and see what we can do
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 5:58:16 PM

brutalbrutus wrote:
anderson twp. park district is planning a course at johnson hills park which is east of newtown up on the hill off bridle lane near little dry run the park has had some EPA issues getting started was wondering if anyone had heard anything and if you guys didnt know about it maybe you should get ahold of them and see what we can do

Actually Pete Caldwell has been working on this one since 2007 or 2008 i believe and continues to do so. Yes we are on top of this one. :)
Thanks bud,

Pete if ya see this how's bout a update for the locals.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 6:02:54 PM

As always, we will be out at Goshen this weekend. Could use all the help we can get, and the more we get the sooner this course will be playable. Anyone not playing in an event please consider helping us out, thanks.

Could be playable as soon as the first week of July, or the last week. All depends on show of support.
Old Bassman
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:49:36 PM

Thanx Adam and Drew and all the others for what you are doing to give us a course in Goshen. Thanx.
This week at Mt Airy we need some work to be done to get the course ready for The Big three tourney on Saturday. Hopefully we can add A and B to have 20 holes to play for both rounds. 
 At this point I am hoping to get help to work at noon and 6PM on Wednesday.  Please get in touch with me if you can help. Thanx.
Old Bassman
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:39:44 PM

Old Bassman wrote:
Thanx Adam and Drew and all the others for what you are doing to give us a course in Goshen. Thanx.
This week at Mt Airy we need some work to be done to get the course ready for The Big three tourney on Saturday. Hopefully we can add A and B to have 20 holes to play for both rounds. 
 At this point I am hoping to get help to work at noon and 6PM on Wednesday.  Please get in touch with me if you can help. Thanx.

So far I have one volunteer for tomorrow night and I am looking for more. frown
If we don't have enough help holes A and B will not be playable for The Nati Big Three. help
Any volunteers from Team Nati?

Come on and give something back to the sport you love and make Mt Airy even more beautiful. thumbsup 

513-305-9875 leave a message if you do not reach me..... 
Verjaeger
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:27:50 PM

I'd be willing to help too.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:00:50 AM

Big thanks to all those that have helped so far this year.

We have a total of 953 volunteer hours in at the Goshen course since we started in 2010. Given that the majority of it has been myself and Andrew, with Gary Beebe giving the most out of all the rest. Will try and have a more detailed summary soon.

Looks like our 2 rolls of Fly18 Pads will be arriving sometime today so I will need to be out at the course to meet the delivery guys and will spend the day working on the course and could use some help clearing debris as I cut down some trees. Also need help walking each hole and clearing debris so we can mow fairways and greens. Call please (513-255-7275)so I know your coming and so I can direct you to where we are on the course.

Hole/Tee sponsorships are available through Andrew and the Goshen Park District.

Thanks to Shawn and others for helping me out at Airy in trying to get the course ready for the Nati's Big 3 final event.
surgediscgolf
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:56:53 AM

Hey Adam, I sent a message to Andrew about sponsoring a hole a while back. When you see him please tell him to email me at milfordmagic@hotmail.com. Thanks
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:43:23 AM

Surge = He should see this post and I will remind him for ya. thanks bud.

Since our wonderful USPS messed up my delivery I will be out at Goshen today instead, and again this weekend.