Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Course Work 2012 Options
Troy
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:16:39 AM

AdamJ wrote:
Big thanks to all those that have helped so far this year. We have a total of 953 volunteer hours in at the Goshen course since we started in 2010. Given that the majority of it has been myself and Andrew, with Gary Beebe giving the most out of all the rest. Will try and have a more detailed summary soon. Looks like our 2 rolls of Fly18 Pads will be arriving sometime today so I will need to be out at the course to meet the delivery guys and will spend the day working on the course and could use some help clearing debris as I cut down some trees. Also need help walking each hole and clearing debris so we can mow fairways and greens. Call please (513-255-7275)so I know your coming and so I can direct you to where we are on the course. Hole/Tee sponsorships are available through Andrew and the Goshen Park District. Thanks to Shawn and others for helping me out at Airy in trying to get the course ready for the Nati's Big 3 final event.

Don't forget that I have those 3 pads for you.
robglover
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:45:57 AM

Hey Adam. I cleared for an hour on #5 yesterday and I found one of your hand saws.
pcaldwell
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:01:28 PM

pcaldwell
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:10:06 PM

In today's Cincy Enquirer there was an excellent article on the Goshen course with a focus on Adam's inc amount of work he's invested in the course. Nice mention of the GCFDA, too. It was in the hometown section. Here's the link: http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/C2/20120606/NEWS05/306060067/Flying-discs-coming-Goshen-park . That is about the best publicity possible. Great job all who have donated their time and resources. Thank GCFDA for the donation of $1000 toward the course. I posted this on the publicity page, too.
Old Bassman
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:38:31 PM

This is a great article and great publicity.
A million thanx to Adam, Drew, the GCFDA and all others involved to give all of us another east side course. And thanx to the Enquirer for the article.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 9:29:06 AM

Thanks everyone, I will be out there today but will take off on Sunday to spend time working around the house for fathers day. Holla if ya want to help or let me know if you did, what ya did and how long etc, for my records.
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2012 8:10:52 AM

Will be out there this weekend, all weekend. Tons of work to do, need all the help we can get.
If you are a Club member it is our duty and obligation to help grow the sport. So where is everyone???

Next year memberships will be different, Probably no more CCS discounts for member's, no longer needed for increased attendance, and definitely not deserved. This is a non profit org based on growing and developing the sport and helping parks, schools, and the community explore, learn and enjoy our courses and this game we all love. Evolution is ahead of us, either get involved and be apart of it or get outta the way,lol see ya's on the course and keep it in the fairway.
Billy Ray
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2012 12:07:27 PM

I really apprciate all the work many people put into the courses, the club, and the tournaments. Let me say that again. I really appreciate all the work many people put into the courses, the club, and the tournaments. I commend all of you for volunteering. But I didn't know when I paid for a lifetime membership that I was obligating myself to a lifetime of work on courses. Since I don't want to be in the way, and am unwilling to be more involved (except to play the sport I like), please cancel my membership. I will be more than happy to pay the non-member fee for CCS tourneys, since I don't deserve a discount anyway. Thank You
Jay Dub
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:34:13 AM

Good post, Billy!

Dayton also has monthly tournaments. That's another good option.
Old Bassman
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:05:08 AM

Jay Dub wrote:
Good post, Billy! Dayton also has monthly tournaments. That's another good option.

I know they have forums as well.

Maybe this would be another good option.

Jus' sayin'.

Thanx,
OB
Jay Dub
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:01:21 AM

Old Bassman wrote:

I know they have forums as well.

Maybe this would be another good option.

Jus' sayin'.

Thanx,
OB

So anyone who disagrees with Adam should not post here? Not sure what you mean.

And thanks for signing your post or I never would have known who you were.
Old Bassman
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:11:07 AM

Jay Dub wrote:

So anyone who disagrees with Adam should not post here? Not sure what you mean.

I carefully reread my post and noticed I did not say that. I offered an option .The same thing you did.
Jay Dub wrote:

And thanks for signing your post or I never would have known who you were.

Just keeping it simple.
Jay Dub
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:21:03 AM

You have a bad habit of telling me what you did not post. I never claimed you posted that I asked a question.
Jay Dub
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:23:53 AM

If the club rules are to be changed, that change should be voted on by the members of the club, not decided by one person who is upset because people are not doing what he wants them to do.
Old Bassman
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 10:16:41 AM

Jay Dub wrote:
You have a bad habit of telling me what you did not post. I never claimed you posted that I asked a question.

Sorry 'bout that JD.
Jay Dub
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 10:43:27 AM

Old Bassman wrote:

Sorry 'bout that JD.

I really think you're ok.....really!. jump

laugh
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 4:18:01 PM

Jay Dub wrote:
If the club rules are to be changed, that change should be voted on by the members of the club, not decided by one person who is upset because people are not doing what he wants them to do.

I believe the club will vote on any changes before they are made thing is only like four people care to show up at the meeting's so it's not a a large number to take from. I am thankful for all the hard work the workers of the club put in to the CCS's and building of and maintaince of course's. If you want to make sure the changes Adam spoke of do not happen you will need to attend the club meeting's. As long as the money goes into the courses I wouldnt mind the up in price's. What I would hate to see is the club just sit on the money. There are 9 CCS lets say  a average of 60 per event at two dollars a pop thats $1080. Adam how many tee pads could be repaired for that amount? 
Zeigler
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 6:19:21 PM

This is just a question. I am not expressing my opinions on one side or the other......If they did away with the member discount, what would we do to attract in as many people as possible to sign up for memberships. Currently I think many people sign up to avoid the non-member fee at CCS tourneys. My concern is that the increase in revenue would be offset by the decrease in memberships.
Jay Dub
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:21:18 AM

agentdozzer wrote:

I believe the club will vote on any changes before they are made thing is only like four people care to show up at the meeting's so it's not a a large number to take from. I am thankful for all the hard work the workers of the club put in to the CCS's and building of and maintaince of course's. If you want to make sure the changes Adam spoke of do not happen you will need to attend the club meeting's. As long as the money goes into the courses I wouldnt mind the up in price's. What I would hate to see is the club just sit on the money. There are 9 CCS lets say  a average of 60 per event at two dollars a pop thats $1080. Adam how many tee pads could be repaired for that amount? 

If only 4 people are showing up at meetings then no one should expect anymore than that to show up for work duty.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:37:57 AM

This thread is off topic and I have started a new topic about Club membership under Club Stuff, will move these posts to there later. I will also answer questions later, no time right now.

JHill
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:50:28 PM

AdamJ wrote:
This thread is off topic and I have started a new topic about Club membership under Club Stuff, will move these posts to there later. I will also answer questions later, no time right now.
  Seriously, what a bunch of babies, everyone thank Adam, he was in the Community Journal for god's sake.  i check in here every month or so, been hoping this course will open soon. i work everday, and every other weekend, if i knew what needs to be done id help get this finished, i work in old milford, have chainsaw/tools, and am available for a couple hours in the evening after work i suppose, send me a PM or email JHillWRX@gmail.com, we need to meet up there, maybe as a group, walk the layout and make a list of what is left to do, ill do as much as i can with the little time i have to give... oh, and what is CCS membership? ,
JHill
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:55:24 PM

Oh, course challenge... duh.

I paid in to a PDGA membership years ago but haven't renewed... is GCFDA a club with fees?
Can said fees be paid through volunteer work...? (Just saying...)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 8:15:10 PM

yo adam trying to get a group of friends out there on sunday what time you all gonna get started?
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:48:20 AM

Sat and Sun we will be there from 9am till almost 5pm. Anyone can come out at any time during the week and walk the course and clear fairways of debris so we can start mowing. Once the fairways are clear we will start installing sleeves and pads and sign posts. Map and directions are in several earlier posts and located in the Volunteer Events section in the Events Tab. Questions please call me at 513-255-7275, thanks

Course map here : www.flickr.com/photos/adamj27655/5683171137/

Directions and info : www.cincinnatidiscgolf.com/Events/VolunteerEvents.aspx
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2012 7:52:59 AM

Course cleanup is needed at every course around town. If you notice something serious it is always best to contact the Park first and then mention it here for others. Please do what you can when your out playing a round by cleaning up as you go.