Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

PDGA Leagues Options
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 9:18:21 AM

I would like to know how much interest our member base would have about the Club running a League night through the new PDGA Sanctioned league service, please post here if you would want to play in such a league.

Please follow this link and read up on the entire program first before answering please.

www.pdga.com/leagues

If I where to run one I woud do it at 1 course for the 10 week league and it would be Mt.Airy to start with. Possibly thursday's at 6pm, yes we all know there are events on every night but we should try to have options for the players and possibly keep locations far apart like west side and east side or north and south on same days/nights.

Thoughts?
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 10:07:22 AM

Hi Adam,
I'd be interested, mostly because the ratings are one of the best benefits of joining the pdga (I like to see just how badly I played!). Details: they charge the club $25, then it's $1 per player, per league or per week? Our spring league fees are so cheap ($12), even adding $1 to $10 is not bad at all. If it helps the club and continuing to build / maintain the great courses we've got in Cincinnati area, I'm all for it! --Jeff A.
ps: Spring/Summer leagues rotate courses; would this really stay at one course for the whole term? I prefer variety, but would still be interested.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 10:34:44 AM

Statistically and for the players benefit of knowing how well they shoot and how they may or may not improve can best be done on 1 course, most leagues around the country are based at 1 course. Our locals here have been spoiled by so many courses that they feel the need to travel all the time. Which is ok if someone wants to run a traveling league but I am just proposing a first one at my home course. I will have details forthcoming about how the Club will run it and the details of entry's and such, yes a small fee will be given to the Club to be used primarily for that course(my plan) for improvements/maintenance.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 5:20:31 PM

I think its a good idea and I would participate
dettmerb
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 6:49:32 PM

I also would be interested
robglover
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 8:03:06 PM

AdamJ wrote:
I would like to know how much interest our member base would have about the Club running a League night through the new PDGA Sanctioned league service, please post here if you would want to play in such a league.

Please follow this link and read up on the entire program first before answering please.

www.pdga.com/leagues

If I where to run one I woud do it at 1 course for the 10 week league and it would be Mt.Airy to start with. Possibly thursday's at 6pm, yes we all know there are events on every night but we should try to have options for the players and possibly keep locations far apart like west side and east side or north and south on same days/nights.

Thoughts?

I'm interested.
2Timer
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:17:35 AM

Thursdays are not good for me. I run the YMCA thing in Lebanon that night.
902boland
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:04:29 PM

Adam, I'm certain you would favor GREATLY if you kept it on the other side of town where the weekly events are taking place. I know several people that don't play certain events during the week because of the drive. ie; myself going to Monroe on Monday because I live an hour away.
902boland
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:12:04 PM

didn't see the Airy part...ideal because it is central. maybe the course would "scare" some of the casuals from playing keeping the turnout low? Maybe a switch ever so offtan keeping in mind where the daily events are taking place? It is very touchy figuring out how to accomidate. Best of luck buddy!! thumbsup
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 11:32:10 AM

Never can please everyone, and since this would be a first time trial basis sorta thing and no one else has been willing to run one I get to call the shots :). I will try to make it simple and not to conflict to much with other events. This will be a GCFDA League to which there is only 1 other (Wed club leagues run by Mr. Wright) and PDGA sanctioned with ratings points rewarded so it will be a level of competition above the other events. Will have have slightly higher entry fees but payouts may also increase. Hopefully it all works out for the best scenario possible so everyone has fun and we can help grow the sport. Since I am super busy with installing the Goshen course and other course work, Airy, Harmon, others, I may not be able to start this till fall probably. Glad to hear there is some interest and I keep the advice coming, helps sort out unseen problems.

Keep in mind that all the other weekly events have nothing to do with the Club, they might be run by members but are not directly associated with the GCFDA, we kindly post them and keep updates going for them because its the right thing to do for all involved. In the future some of these details may change as we restructure how this Club works and operates. Some have made contributions for Club involved course work or events like the Monroe dubs and Banklick/Lincoln Ridge Dubs, etc...I would love to see all the events eventually become Club affiliated so we can all work together and not against each other for the same goals and reasons we play and love this sport. Seeya's around and keep it in the fairway.