Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

The Nati Attacks Winton Woods Options
Old Bassman
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:27:07 AM

Shibby247 wrote:
The measure of a person is not on how well he prepares for everything to go right: but how gracefully he stands up and moves on when everything goes wrong.

I am not pointing fingers here. I thank you Matt for the reminder for all of us.
Lingo1976
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:44:58 AM

Alright here we go................. and where to start........ Last year there were 25 people with 8 Aces paying out about $15 for an Ace. Take away their $5 entry they made $10 each. I also gave those that got 2 Aces a Nati shirt. If you come to Attack on Winton to make some cash I believe you are barking up the wrong tree. This Fun Filled event is not meant as a money maker for anyone including The Nati. It's all about the dream that every hole at Winton is in Ace run.

On to this years payout. $7 turned into a $52 voucher for The Nati. No matter how you I got paid I would be elated. If Trapp would have been the only one to get an ace, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get made over $156 Nati voucher. That would cover his entry fee for all 3 of the Big 3 events. Potentially bringing him triple that amount. The payout this year was my idea and I know that not everyone needs disc golf gear, that's why I gave the option of using it towards a Nati Event. I also didn't really plan on only 3 aces being hit.

I'm sorry if you don't agree with how i did the payouts. If you want the cash that bad sell the voucher to someone else. Problem solved.
nthomas
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:45:34 PM

Lingo1976 wrote:
Alright here we go................. and where to start........ Last year there were 25 people with 8 Aces paying out about $15 for an Ace. Take away their $5 entry they made $10 each. I also gave those that got 2 Aces a Nati shirt. If you come to Attack on Winton to make some cash I believe you are barking up the wrong tree. This Fun Filled event is not meant as a money maker for anyone including The Nati. It's all about the dream that every hole at Winton is in Ace run. On to this years payout. $7 turned into a $52 voucher for The Nati. No matter how you I got paid I would be elated. If Trapp would have been the only one to get an ace, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't get made over $156 Nati voucher. That would cover his entry fee for all 3 of the Big 3 events. Potentially bringing him triple that amount. The payout this year was my idea and I know that not everyone needs disc golf gear, that's why I gave the option of using it towards a Nati Event. I also didn't really plan on only 3 aces being hit. I'm sorry if you don't agree with how i did the payouts. If you want the cash that bad sell the voucher to someone else. Problem solved.

I don't think that there is any reason to apoligize. Thanks for marketing, putting time in and running an event. I didn't attend but it's appreciated in my opinion. Also, when was the last time someone who tried to run a tournament or event wasn't called a thief, or crook. I have yet to see an event with someone not throwing the crook card out? It's par for the disc golf world.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:35:30 PM

I in no way was calling out the way you decided to "pay out" for the people who did get aces. If that is the way it was taken I apologize, and that is between you guys and Mike. I also do appreciate you running events, and the support The Nati provides for disc golf in cincy.

However, how hard is it to post all of the information for an event? It must not be that hard or time consuming If Holly, Dan, CCS, and other events can do it. If The Nati would just provide this one courtesy to players, negative reactions would not happen after the events.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:30:30 PM

I think foreknowledge (great disc golf word, eh?) is the only real issue here. Theft is an accusation not to be bandied about lightly. When stating a complaint there is no need to get personal. Who aced, BTW?
Old Bassman
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:39:51 PM

finnhawc wrote:
I think foreknowledge (great disc golf word, eh?) is the only real issue here. Theft is an accusation not to be bandied about lightly. When stating a complaint there is no need to get personal. Who aced, BTW?

Brian Trapp on 14, Bob Roberts on 11 and Madmike on 18.
discwarrior
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 5:57:24 AM

I agree with Shawn and matt thank you for all that you guys do organizing advertising and all the other details that go into putting all these FUN events together and I thinkthanks should be all that is said or we would taking gas money out of our winnings again thanks to all TD's and organizers locally and afar.
Buff said
Madmike
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 10:07:23 AM

Issue resolved!
That guy
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 10:47:36 AM

I just wanna say thanks to "The Nati" for another job well done..I love everyone..and everything...kisses to all ;)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:35:50 AM

what's the deal with Saturday?
Old Bassman
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:17:25 AM

brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:34:01 PM

lol I guess one of these days I need to get on facebook
AdamJ
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:29:12 PM

How many holes can we ace at Winton Woods in one day?

Cost is $6 Per Person

$1 from each person will go towards The Nati Big 3 Event

All Aces will split the pot with Cash

Join us whenever but we will be there between:

10am - 6pm
Lingo1976
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:44:51 PM

Just wanted to give an update on todays turnout.......... Awesome weather and 35 people showed up to take Winton Woods down........... We did just that, we hit 15 of the 18 holes........... I never thought we would get that many after the past two years but we did it..... We kept trying to get the last 3 but holes 4, 13, 15 wouldn't let us take them down.

Thanks to everyone that came out and had a great time with us!!