Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

clinic Options
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:16:26 PM

i am in a funky place in my game right now stuck between two driving styles are there any clinics or free lessons planned anytime soon around here? i could really use some advice
GStrick
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:58:01 PM

You Tube. Then practice.

Mt Airy has a driving net so you don't have to track down your plastic during your practice.
sisyphus
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:29:12 PM

The Nati driving net is probably best, and there is available advice there. I've also thrown at a couple of HS football fields that have nets across the back of the end zone, too.
alex.e
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:01:03 PM

I'm in a similiar boat, i throw a RHBH as well as RHFH off the tee. I try to work on each equally because i feel having both in the arsenal is an advantage. However i don't have great distance so for me placement is more important. Throwing into a net is great because you don't have to chase however i prefer to go to my local park and just throw into a wide open field so i can get a better feel of the entire flight of the disc. Like GStrick said, youtube has several great tutorials from discraft pros that have helped my game tremendously. The only problem i have encountered is making sure to work on them equally, while trying to perfect my FH i lost a lot of my BH.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:58:37 AM

thx for the suggestions but watching those videos is what got me into this lol i was playing better accidently figuring things out think i need to quit for awhile and lose a 100 lbs then re learn how to play
Old Bassman
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:14:21 PM

David Cox posted Monday on facebook that he was doing a clinic at Mason Sports complex having something to do with Countryside YMCA. The time was not stated.
2Timer
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:57:49 PM

Yes I do a weekly event every Thursday at the YMCA that rotates between Turtle Creek, Gulley, Mason sports complex and the Lebanon 9 hole course. This week it will be at the Mason Sports Complex and starts at 6. Anyone that wants to come out and get some pointers is more than welcome to come. I will be there at 5:30 at the football field throwing drives and helping anyone that shows. Then we play a couple of rounds of golf.
NatiBuckeye
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:17:33 AM

Dave have you ever considered doing paid training rounds? I think there is clearly a demand
2Timer
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:35:56 PM

Technically I am being paid for what I am doing now. Becca and I get a free membership to the Country Side YMCA. I have done one on one sessions in the past. I usually charge $20 and give some pointers and play a round or two with someone. I have just been busy this year with tournaments.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 1:46:30 PM

one of these days when i have some extra money i'll have to take you up on that and i also live in amelia so wouldnt be that hard to coordinate
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 8:50:00 AM

I have tried running a clinic that started at Mt.Airy on Mondays then I drove around town to different courses but no one ever comes or asks for help so I gave up on that. If anyone wants help with their game we have several very good Pro's around town that can help, but I won't do it for free anymore, my time is to valuable.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 10:42:00 PM

Team Nati Practice, open to all that want to improve their game.
starts at 4:45pm and run till about 5:30pm at the Nati in Mt.Airy on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Ace fund starts at 5:30, I will stick around till 6pm for further instruction if needed.

Team Nati members: this is not mandatory, please try to make as many as possible. Other projects coming soon.

For private paid lessons from our local pro's, you can either contact them directly and ask or get with me or anyone at the Nati to help you out.
Jowsepi
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:35:10 PM

Any clinics coming up soon?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:04:17 PM

the sign at Monroe says they are having a free disc golf clininc don't remember what day it was though might wanna check the park website