Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Osage Grove DGC in Goshen, Ohio Options
robglover
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 11:42:28 AM

As one of the many who are excited to see Osage Grove take shape and get closer and closer to opening, I was motivated to create a few designs and set up www.GoshenDiscGolf.com. Now there are Goshen related mugs, tshirts, bumper stickers, buttons, etc. available. A part of each purchase goes to support Osage Grove. I am particularly interested in sponsoring hole 4 which I'd like to name Lefty's Revenge. Enjoy. www.GoshenDiscGolf.com
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 12:47:09 PM

That's pretty cool, Rob!
Does the fundraiser do better if able to buy in bulk?
I'd put the 6" pin with "Disc Golf Comes To..." on my bag right now!
How many would join me?
..."Lefty's Revenge" it is, in that really cool pin position.
--Jeff A.
robglover
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 10:23:02 PM

Thanks Jeff. I created that design to commemorate the grand opening of Osage Grove with the Sept. 29 Course Challenge Series event. http://www.zazzle.com/goshendiscgolf/gifts?gp=105650405645352502 www.GoshenDiscGolf.com
mikejenkins1
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:46:10 AM

Ok, so where is this course located?
sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:14:20 AM

Great directions & map link from Perica:
Here is a map to the park with directions from downtown, florence and the west side.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=1&jsv=314b&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=207229043677595620871.00049bf4aad17186e6a51
Other threads on this course are:
Local Courses/ Kathryn Stagge Marr Community Park,
Course Work/ Course Work 2012
and
Course Work/ Course Cleanup Challenge
Come on out & take a look!
robglover
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:11:18 PM

robglover wrote:
    ...Now there are Goshen related mugs, tshirts, bumper stickers, buttons, etc. available. A part of each purchase goes to support Osage Grove. I am particularly interested in sponsoring hole 4 which I'd like to name Lefty's Revenge. Enjoy. www.GoshenDiscGolf.com

Hey Jeff, 3 things:
1. here's the link for the button I made for Lefty's Revenge http://www.zazzle.com/leftys_revenge_pinback_buttons-145663651187637881
2. did your order come yet?
3. I want to earn that deal you are offering--just haven't figured out the best time/way to go about it.
See you at AJ Jolly?

sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:56:08 PM

Hey Rob,
You've probably accumulated 'cleanup birdies' on a lot of those holes. I'd say first time you get a chance to play them (temp baskets or when the real ones go in), you, and Gary, and Adam, and Drew, and ...? can realistically claim pars and birdies on the second line of your scores (it's an honor system, after all).
Yep, the order arrived today, the button looks great, and I'll pin it to my bag to elicit questions at AJ Jolly Saturday!
I might order the Lefty's Revenge button as soon as I can legitimately write "I birdied..." on it! (An ace ain't gonna happen for me on that hole!)
--Jeff A.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 12:53:00 PM

i know you guys are busy up there getting it ready but was wondering when the course will be put up on dgcoursereview hopefully with some pics and i am going to go out there maybe thursday afternoon anything particular you need done? i dont have many tools and no mower or weed whacker but i can carry some supplies around if needed or clean fairways
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2012 5:18:00 PM

As the head designer I have all the info and will be updating our courses page and the one for DGCR and the PDGA. Anyone can visit the course and rake fairways where needed, its pretty obvious when you start walking it. This next weekend looks like a wash with bad weather coming in. If yo have a maddock or axe please work on removing the smaller stumps on all fairways, we will be renting a stump grinder but that is intended for the larger ones like 5"+
robglover
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 8:33:45 PM

Here's your chance to get a special t-shirt commemorating the inaugural GCFDA CCS event at Osage Grove disc golf course!
51 styles of shirts available plus mugs, buttons and stickers too. http://www.zazzle.com/osage_grove_goshen_disc_golf_grand_opening_shirts-235097617060852010
A portion of your purchase goes to the course. Thanks kindly!
robglover
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 8:25:53 AM

Happy Friday from www.GoshenDiscGolf.com

[quote=robglover]Here's your chance to get a special t-shirt commemorating the inaugural GCFDA CCS event at Osage Grove disc golf course! 51 styles of shirts available plus mugs, buttons and stickers too. http://www.zazzle.com/osage_grove_goshen_disc_golf_grand_opening_shirts-235097617060852010 A portion of your purchase goes to the course. Thanks kindly! [/quote

Today only--shirts are 20% off and all other items are 15% off! Enter code 20FALLINSALE at checkout (in the Zazzle coupons/gift certificate box).

brutalbrutus
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:04:30 PM

like wow phenominal course nuff said

oh adam your demented but in a good way lol
robglover
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:32:24 PM

Wow indeed! What a great course. Thank you thank you to all who made it possible!
Discgolfnut
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:34:37 PM

Congrats to Adam, Drew, and the volunteers for building a great course. Had a great time today playing the doubles and watching the pros make wicked throws and putts. Course is a great addition to the local Disc scene.
AdamJ
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 6:17:10 AM

Huge thanks to all those that have helped over the past two years making this course possible. Next Saturday is our CCS at the course and we are planning on having it capped at 100 players, and since hole 13 is in a soybean field we will be adding a temp hole and possibly 2 more to allow more players. Farmer will be harvesting the soy sometime in the first 2 weeks of October. Course temp signs are in the works and we will continue working on all the other stuff, alt tee's, pins, bridges, more clearing, etc, for the next few years. Tee sponsors are starting to roll in, I will post a updated list of who and which tee's are spoken for soon. The special volunteer day dubs was real fun guys, myself and Dave Cox shot a 43 for 17 holes. We also raised $110 for the course. if you have any questions, concerns, or anything you would like to discuss just gimmie a shout anytime, 513-255-7275. This week Troy could use some help getting Williamsburg ready for the event on Sunday, chainsaws needed, contact Troy for details please.
Troy
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:20:44 AM

AdamJ wrote:
Huge thanks to all those that have helped over the past two years making this course possible. Next Saturday is our CCS at the course and we are planning on having it capped at 100 players, and since hole 13 is in a soybean field we will be adding a temp hole and possibly 2 more to allow more players. Farmer will be harvesting the soy sometime in the first 2 weeks of October. Course temp signs are in the works and we will continue working on all the other stuff, alt tee's, pins, bridges, more clearing, etc, for the next few years. Tee sponsors are starting to roll in, I will post a updated list of who and which tee's are spoken for soon. The special volunteer day dubs was real fun guys, myself and Dave Cox shot a 43 for 17 holes. We also raised $110 for the course. if you have any questions, concerns, or anything you would like to discuss just gimmie a shout anytime, 513-255-7275. This week Troy could use some help getting Williamsburg ready for the event on Sunday, chainsaws needed, contact Troy for details please.

Thank you Adam for all of your hard work and sacrifice that you have done. You have worked hard in getting Goshen ready as well as maintaing other courses in the area.
My number is 513-208-6391 if anyone needs to get in touch with me. The weather is looking a little wet for the week so I am trying to get all the final touches done (OB lines painted) on Friday. The trees in the fairway on 10 and next to the basket on 11 need the chainsaw work done. Last minute weed eating needs to be done in a couple of areas anytime this week. Thank you.  
sisyphus
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:13:51 AM

Hi all: heard this on the radio this morning, and thought I'd share here...from the Enquirer:
"The intersection improvement project on Ohio 28 at Interstate 275 will require a two-week ramp closure, beginning Monday, Sept. 24.
The closure of the ramp from southbound I-275 to Ohio 28 will begin at 12:01 a.m. Monday, Sept. 24, to accommodate work to complete tie-ins of both a relocated ramp and a newly constructed ramp. The ramp will reopen to traffic Friday, Oct. 5. All work is weather permitting.
Traffic is detoured to southbound I-275 to the US 50 exit to northbound I-275 to Ohio 28. Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place prior to the work zone to alert motorists of the upcoming road closure.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone."

So folks coming around 275 from the north, be aware of this small hassle.

ps: the work put in out at Osage Grove in just the past week is phenomenal (as is the course!) Great job, folks! Can't wait 'til Saturday!
902boland
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 4:55:11 PM

Adam, says you are going to cap it at 100. is this a first come first serve kind of deal? If so when will you be taking sign ups? I got off work Saturday for the event and would hate to be number 101 :-( thanks again
surgediscgolf
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 6:12:16 PM

Just got back from the course... ...there were a dozen people playing up there at 4:00 PM. Pretty cool.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 8:36:27 PM

gotta love it the tralis are already getting beat in
mikejenkins1
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:09:34 AM

So when will the course officially hit this sites courses page with maps/pics/and more? I am going to try to get out and play this fall sometime.   Is all the signage/tees in place and is it a fairly easy to figure out course if we dont have a map?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:38:41 AM

there is a course map underr the volunteer events tab and i suggest you take one the first time you play it the tee signs arent up yet and hole13 is not yet being used because of a soybean field but even with the course in this shape it is probably top 3 or 4 in the area with the ability to one day rival idlewild in difficulty once all the multiple tees and pins are finished
mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:22:31 AM

Ok, so hole 13 is a soybean field? Does that mean this hole is not built yet or what? Wss this land sold to the park but waiting for this years crop to be harvested? Just wondering. Also, how long is the play time on this course (for average players like us)?
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:52:59 AM

Mike, do me a favor and read previous posts please. All the land is Park owned, local farmer leases the plots that are planted and will be harvesting the soybeans in October. H13 is NOT TO BE Played till I say we can so Please stay off that one. Course is not Officially Open till the last phase of things are done, check back to see what we need help with and play as much as possible to get this course beaten/broken in. Maps is posted, and I am working on the data details for ours and other websites, just give me a break and some time to do all this work, not like I'm getting paid for any of this, in fact this one has cost me several thousand dollars. I need tons of help with numerous details, contact me personally if you want to help out. Next focus is on Tee sign posts which we will be using the Osage timber. More to come soon. thanks to all those that have helped
mikejenkins1
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:05:27 PM

I fully understand the dedication and time/money put into this. I wish I had more time to just even play disc golf more the less help out. I do read and saw this "Thanks Jeff. I created that design to commemorate the grand opening of Osage Grove with the Sept. 29 Course Challenge Series event." So is the course not officially opening this coming weekend? We are used to having to hunt down holes on newer courses or even ones we first time play. We have played 17 of the 30 listed on the site and would love to do more. So we were just excited to hear about this course and wondered the status. No rush from me for all that to be done. We are very excited to play this course some day and hopefully put it on our frequent list. Thanks again for all you have spent in time and money as many are very appreciative.