Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Osage Grove DGC in Goshen, Ohio Options
agentdozzer
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 8:00:04 PM

Adam I was at the course sunday til around 12:45 I did not see any type of vandalism when I was there but the lot was full of cars when I left, sucks to hear I really enjoyed the course.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:20:47 AM

Just a fyi. Myself, Andrew and the Park Commissioners had already decided, when we started the install, that we would have the course closed for the winter while we work on completing the course, so we had always had this planned but with these recent acts we may just do it sooner than later.

I will be there this Saturday if anyone wants to come out and help.
902boland
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:51:22 AM

agentdozzer wrote:
Adam I was at the course sunday til around 12:45 I did not see any type of vandalism when I was there but the lot was full of cars when I left, sucks to hear I really enjoyed the course.

3 others and I were up there last night and I must say, none of us seen any type of vandalism shrug
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 7:28:47 AM

I have heard from several people, and I will confirm tomorrow. I have been told someone has written pars on each basket except hole 1, a few tee pads tagged and steps on hole 9, several stickers had been removed already. I am not that concerned of any writing on the tee boxes since those will eventually be painted(Gold,Blue,White).

Course will be closed from December 1st thru till March 1st while we complete the first phase of installation. Watch the course work threads for work days.

Please don`t leave trash on the course, there are several buckets around and once the tee posts are in each tee will have a bucket.
Anyone can work on removing briars from the rough. Anyone that has any reusable lumber that we can utilize for bridging or steps, etc please let me know.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:50:52 AM

I put out Hole 13`s basket(@325 ft.) and worked on clearing the green, and started on hole 17`s long pin clearing. Feel free to help finish and haul debris to the piles nearby. Will be back next Saturday.
Discgolfnut
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 6:27:28 PM

So the branch I stuck in 13's pole hole wasn't good enough?
kenbowski
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:51:42 PM

I finally got to play the course, and I was HIGHLY impressed!!! You guys have done a great job out there.
AdamJ
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:36:35 AM

FYI..I will be out working on the course most Saturday`s from about 8-9 am till close to dark. If I have a large project ready I will post more details. I have been working on clearing 17`s long pin area and removing as many briars as possible throughout the course. Thanks guys for the compliments. Plus I still have plenty of CFR Glo $15(wraith,destoyer,sidewinder) and DX $9(Roc,Aviar,Cobra) discs for sale to help the park/course, and still awaiting paperwork/forms for tee sponsorships from the Park.
Discgolfnut
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:35:54 AM

Are the baskets being pulled this weekend?
I also have older decking materials to donate for the course infrastructure if interested. Mostly 2x6 but, 4x4 s , 2x8s and 2x 10 of various lengths available too. Will send pics this weekend, maybe Friday.
AdamJ
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 7:36:03 AM

As of right now the baskets will remain in play as we see fit, so If I notice a drop in volunteer numbers we may pull them, up to you guys whether they stay or not, muuhahahahaha. Since they have been out, our helpers have dropped off drastically. Hope to see ya`s out there, I will be there Saturdays unless posted otherwise.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2012 9:03:02 PM

yo adam if you got a bush hog or heavy weed whacker or something i can whack some briars down without killing myself i can come out a few more days weather permitting next saturday is no good though you working tomorrow?
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012 7:54:17 AM

Busy Sunday, can only commit to Saturdays right now. I have been working on 17`s green area and most of the briars are cut and can be raked free and piled up, several piles started. Plenty of other stuff to rake and stack back there also. Thanks bud.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:06:23 AM

baskets still up? might be out there friday adam if you need anything specific done
alex.e
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:02:28 PM

I work all day every weekend but if there are going to be any tuesday or thursday work days coming up within the next couple weeks let me know, I'd love to help. Love the course so far, can't wait until it's complete. I'm headed out to play there tomorrow, haven't been in a while, I'll take a rake. Am I to assume all briars along the course are cool to remove?
AdamJ
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 6:20:49 PM

Yes anyone can remove briars along the fairways and in the rough, thanks bud.

As of now the baskets will stay in play until the Park Commissioners decide to pull them which could be just before our first nasty snow day. There main concern is people`s safety to which myself and many others agree. In the future when the course is completed and any safety issues have been resolved I foresee the course being open all year round but that is not my decision.

I will be there tomorrow early till the rain comes in.
sisyphus
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 9:22:12 PM

Hey Adam, I was out there this afternoon, enjoying the variations in basket positions (cleared twigs & stuff as I played, as usual: nothing strenuous, anyone can get in the habit!). I'm glad it's still in play. That said, folks: DO be careful out there - some of the fairways are surprisingly slick and muddy despite not having rained for a few days. You still need to be aware of your footing, and I wouldn't want to traverse the ravines at dusk. So folks, as long as it's 'open', please enjoy safely, and do a little to help out! ;)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:08:23 AM

you guys should install a strong box there for donations for the course fund probbly be more of a hassle than it would be worth but you never know it does get a bunch of play
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:18:30 AM

There is a green donation box over by the path to the shelter, they check it daily and it has been in for around 5 months or more, it is small so it can be overlooked.

They have also told me that they should have the Tee sponsor paper work ready by next year or soon after to allow us to start taking donations. Each hole will have 2 Tee`s for sponsorship with a few having a 3rd in the future. I have around 13 spoken for so far and growing. I will update the list soon.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 2:19:54 AM

oh yea i remember that now maybe its should be moved nearer to no.1 tee or a little sign posted there saying where it is or by a practice basket that i think needs to be in the area behind the white house there is penty of room for one though i am sure the bridges and steps probly have more of a priory at the is point

and i have a friend who lives milford who was wanting to sponser a hole but didnt realize how much itwas going to cost so maybe he can split it someone?
gabethegoat
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:02:55 PM

is it safe to assume the baskets are still up until i see otherwise posted on here??

i'm considering heading out there in a bit, but it's quite a haul from my place in clifton and i'd hate to do that drive only to find that there were no baskets...
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:16:13 PM

Yes, they are there.
DrewMiller(RH)
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 11:47:29 PM

Good news, Park has it's tax status finalized and is ready to receive donations. Below is the updated list of committed sponsors as well as those still remaning. If you are interested in sponsoring a Tee Sign the Park is taking 5-year sponsorships for $300. The $300 is just enough to cover the cost of the tee pads and signage. If interested, please contact either Adam (513-255-7275) or myself (513-602-0637). For those who have already committed to sponsorship please make all checks payable to Goshen Park District and mail them to:

Andrew Miller
1013 Stratford Court
Loveland OH, 45140

If you would like to include your PDGA number or include others in your sponsorship please contact Adam or myself at the numbers above. Feel free to promote this opportunity to others. Once we have sold all of the sponsorships we'll be able to finnish the courses initially designed configuration consisting of a shoirt layout for new and recreational players, intermediate configuration, and an advance configuration expanding 7 to a 500 ft, 16 to 1,117 ft, 17 to 400 plus ft, and 18 to 465 plus ft.

Current Sponsor Committments and Remaining Opportunities

1. GCFDA Long
1. Short Open
2. Donovan Go
2. Short Open
3. Open
4. Rob Glover
5. Kevin Hurst, Jason Hurst, Josh Collins
5. Short Open
6. Open
6. Short
7. Short Open
7. Long Open
8. MDX Inc.
8. Short Open
9. Sam Antoline
9. Short Open
10. Current Open
10. Alt Open
11. Long Dave Marlow
11. Intermediate-Open
11. Short Open
12. Open
13. Open
13. Short
14. Current Paul Denu
14. Long-Gary Beebe
15. Gary Anderson Chiropractic
16. Long Andrew Miller
16. Current Adam Jones
16. short open
17. Kurt & Shauna Lahm & Family
17. Long Open
18. Adam Jones
18. Short Open

Jay Dub
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 9:03:49 PM

Kurt & Shauna Lahm & Family were building a bridge to walk across the creek on #17 today. I thanked them when I played the hole and want to thank them here too.

They had a good crew with them and it's going to be a nice bridge.

Thanks, Kurt, Shauna and crew!!
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:23:30 PM

the two new bridges are well built I gave them a quick strength test using a very scientific device (my large posterior) a job well done thanks to those involved. the course could use a mowing but all in all its in good shape
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:43:13 PM

and a word to the wise in the 20 minutes since my last post I found a tick on my back and 3 more on the clothes I was wearing today so do a check b4 leaving the course