Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2012 Ace Race and Day Glow Event Options
discndat
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:22:42 PM

Registration for Ace Race and Day Glow events are now up     Picture

sisyphus
Posted: Thursday, September 06, 2012 7:05:14 PM

Thanks Dan! Just signed up for the Ace Race with my daughter. Looking forward to it! --Jeff A.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:38:49 PM

do we have to use the tourney disc or can we attach glow sticks to our normal discs?
agentdozzer
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 9:36:56 PM

You can use whatever disc you like Dan will be selling led's and you get one for playing (at least you did last year.)
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:15:34 PM

cool i got these little 1in glow sticks i bought from dicks in the fishing gear they cant weight more than a gram or two figured they would work well for this
agentdozzer
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:45:00 AM

The ones Dan gives out are nice because you can turn then on and off so they last longer and are LED's so they are brighter than glow sticks but either one will work.
discndat
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 2:33:14 PM

Have a few things to note about the Ace Race and Day Glow events. First off, it is really important that you pre-register for the Ace Race, even moreso than in years before. Discraft has notified us that they have had an extremely high demand for the Ace Race packs this year and can only produce so many discs per day. They are closing in on a 3 week notification for the number of packs to order. I always order a few more, but I can't read minds so need you to sign up.

For the Day Glow event we have the stamp for this year, once again designed by Alicia Eades. PictureWe'll also be giving out 2 lights with your entry fee this year. For the Day Glow, there's a Late Fee added for entries received after 10/20/12. You can Pre-register for either or both events at ACE RACE DAY GLOW
cubbies
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 2:40:45 PM

I will be there to sign up on Saturday so you can count me in for both the Ace Race and Day Glow.
discndat
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:53:25 PM

Thanks Gary
discndat
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 2:37:20 PM

Signups are coming in nicely for both events. A note for the Day Glow - registrations after 10/20 will include an extra $5 fee.

Discs with the Day Glow Event stamp  that are included for the Day Glow event this year are:

CFR Champion Vulcan
CFR Glow Champion Firebird
CFR Glow Champion Monarch
CFR Glow Champion Boss

discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:29:52 AM

Just a friendly reminder: Registration for the Day Glow event will be $30 if received after 10/20/12.

Ace Race registration remains at $25 day of event.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:24:10 PM

can you buy the tourney stamps disc if you dont play in it not sure if i will have the money to play but i want that stamp it is awesome
discndat
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:44:01 PM

Yes, you can purchase any of the Day Glow discs from the package - super stamp this year!(always is) - $15 each: CFR Glow Champion Boss, Firebird or Monarch; CFR Champion Vulcan.  Each comes with a CFR certificate to send in to be eligible for Innova's monthly prize drawing. For $10 more you get a cookout, 2 LED lights, mini and golf - WHEW!

You can also purchase an Ace Race pack and not play - 2 discs, water bottle, mini, UV shades and a sticker. What a deal!!

If anyone wants a Day Glow disc or Ace Race package, contact me. 859.371.3668 or discndat@fuse.net
dettmerb
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:50:03 PM

Just signed up. I have never played a glow event before. I understand there will be some LED's given out. Is there some special tape I need to bring?
Jay Dub
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:20:19 PM

Do we have to sign up for the Ace Race in advance or can we do it the day of the event?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:21:54 PM

yea the kind that doesnt come off easily haha actually ia am gonna try to use crazy glue on mine and you should go try and find a blacklight led light (they have them at Spencer's iin eastgate mall) and see if any of your discs glow the actual cfr glow discs glow a bright purpleish color when shined on by blacklight so i am told anyway
brutalbrutus
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:30:20 PM

jaydub if you scroll up you will see answer
Jay Dub
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:01:28 PM

brutalbrutus wrote:
jaydub if you scroll up you will see answer

I saw these two posts from Dan and thought they said different things. So I am confused if I can wait until the day of the event like the second post says or if I have to pre register like the first post says.
Sorry for the confusion.
This would have been easier if you had just said yes or no.

discndat wrote:
Have a few things to note about the Ace Race and Day Glow events. First off, it is really important that you pre-register for the Ace Race, even moreso than in years before. Discraft has notified us that they have had an extremely high demand for the Ace Race packs this year and can only produce so many discs per day. They are closing in on a 3 week notification for the number of packs to order. I always order a few more, but I can't read minds so need you to sign up.

discndat wrote:
Just a friendly reminder: Registration for the Day Glow event will be $30 if received after 10/20/12.

Ace Race registration remains at $25 day of event.

rangel
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:03:54 AM

dettmerb wrote:
Just signed up. I have never played a glow event before. I understand there will be some LED's given out. Is there some special tape I need to bring?

Check Dan's comments about how many come with the entry fee. 
There are two type of LEDs.  Both work really well.
The old type are about 1 inch long and look like a really small skinny flashlight.  Common practice is to use electrical tape (two pieces) instead of the tape that comes in the package.
The newer ones are wider and flat.  Packing tape is the common method here.  Put the tape over the whole unit  when attaching to the disc.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:41:22 AM

dettmerb - rangel answered your question well. You will be getting two of the flat LED lights with your entry. Some people use electrical tape for those also.  We will have extra lights for sale that day too if you want more.

Jay Dub - you can sign up the day of the event.  I didn't word the Pre-Register info well in that one message - it was meant as an "encouragement" to pre-register so I have some kind of an idea of how many Ace Race packs to order. I can't just order a bunch and then get stuck with them at the end. But I also want to have enough for all those that do sign up, even the day of the event. I do my best to order extras, but one never knows how many walk-ups you will have that day. As in years past, if we have more signups than packs, we'll ask some of you to relinquish one of your discs so the latecomers can have a disc to use that day and then I'll order more packs for the latecomers to pick up later when they come in. This has worked well in the past. Discraft is just getting slammed this year with orders for Ace Race packs so I wanted to make sure we could get enough.

Sorry for the rambling but hope that helps a little. It always works out and we'll have a great time. So come on out and get int he race - the ACE RACE! Then stick around for the Day Glow, mini golf and cookout.
Jay Dub
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:24:02 AM

Dan, thanks for the clarification.
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:36:14 AM

Ok, just a little more enticement for the Day Glow - here's a look at the discs! Stamp designed by Alicia Eades.
Photo: The custom-stamped discs are in for the Day Glow event. The stamp was designed by Alicia Eades - great job and thank you Alicia. Discs are: CFR Glow Champion Monarchs, Firebirds and Bosses, along with CFR Champion Vulcans. CFR Champion Vulcans, CFR Champion Glow Firebirds, Bosses and Monarchs.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:21:22 PM

awesome
discndat
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:09:35 PM

You saying that looks like Bob?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:52:15 PM

lol actually ever heard the expression look like a feel? well that stamp was me this past sunday morning(after playing two round at banklick saturday) haha