Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Fairfeild Township Map Options
DiscDogNation
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:27:13 PM

Since it's getting dark so fast now I decided to try Fairfeild Township last night as it's only like 10 minutes from the house. I must say thats about as tight a course I have ever seen and if you aren't dead on yer gonna have to dive into the rough (which is very rough) to find your disc. I think it'll be great cause I can just take one disc and learn how to shape that disc to do what I want, also judge distances better.

Anyway, I use a program called My Tracks to geomap courses I play so I know about how long it is ... how long it should take me to play the course next time I go and so I have my own map (which I list on my website for my freinds in the disc dog world to use when they come to our area. I made a map last night like I always do and today I cleaned it up a bit and made a course Map just in case you wanted to add it to this website and I may upload it to DGCourseReview as well.

Any feedback on how I could maybe make the map better would be greatly appreciated (and if I need to remove the GCFDA logo let me know I will.

If anyone wants a course Map of any other local courses let me know and I'll get out there for a round so I can create one.

--Chris
Fairfeild Township
sisyphus
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:50:01 PM

That's a very nice looking map. Good job! And folks need to pay heed: this course does play like you're going through a hedgerow maze: super tight & thick rough. Might be worth a look in the winter, though, as the disc search time might be better once the honeysuckle has lost its leaves. --Jeff A.