Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

2013 CCS Options
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:18:10 PM

it was  worse the second round cause of all the traffic but all in all could have been a lot worse
chief32
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:28:23 PM

thinking of playing there tomorrow. OK or should I go elsewhere?
brutalbrutus
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:47:45 PM

it is playable just be careful on the downhill hill holes
Troy
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:45:11 AM

Zepledelin wrote:
I wasn't at the shelter for the lunch time part. My round ended at 1:10 and people were still on the course an hour is plenty long enough. I was just there in time for the morning meeting and I just heard an hour between rounds. I didn't think about going back to check on lunchtime. I saw people still playing so I thought the hour hadn't started yet. My first ccs I wasn't aware of a meeting between rounds for the 2nd round start time now I know. I missed out. I will pay closer attention in the morning I don't know if that was mentioned or not. I'm over it I just wanted to finish my first one. Next time I'll finish.

The last card was turned in at 1:08 so the 2nd round started at 2:10. It is the responsibility of the players to check for start times and Adam was very organized in explaining what was going on throughout the day. I am sorry that this happened to you but you should have checked in before leaving for lunch. Adam and I did not leave the shelter throughout the lunch break so we were there to answer questions. Players on the course during break time happens all the time with casuals playing and tourney players warming up for the 2nd round.
finnhawc
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:20:15 AM

Hey, next time this happens, 'cause it will, grab the lost-late player on your card. I should've done so myself. It is just a CCS, fun is the goal, right?
Zepledelin
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:52:25 AM

I asked four or five teams if they were missing any players on their card
I wanted to ask if I just get on a card . If it was alloweed I for sure would have jumped in and finished with any group. It doesn't matter though the what ifs. I'll do better next time, maybe not my game but my punctuation. It's all good.
discndat
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:49:06 PM

Just thought I'd post this from the front page from Tony Vincent. Final CCS at AJ Jolly Saturday 11/2/13 :

There is one more event in the 2013 Course Challenge Series. After posting the results for Lincoln Ridge, the standings are shaping up nicely in a few divisions. This should make for an interesting A.J. Jolly final.

MEN'S OPEN:  1. Cyrus Fuhrman....7: 2. David Cox....18: 3. Pete Caldwell....33: 4. Jeff Vandemark....34: 5. Matt Nichols....35

MEN'S MASTERS:  1. Scotty Whitt....6: 2. John Finnegan....13: 3. Brian Trapp....14

MEN'S GRANDMASTERS: 1. Bob Herbert....8: 2. Jeff Eades....15: 3. Steve Mahl....17

ADVANCED: 1. Ryan McMath....12: 2. Justin Ammerman....14: 3. Elbert Lunsford....52: 4. Jason Mullins....54

ADVANCED MASTERS: 1. Bob Roberts....7: 2. Joe Rott....12: 3. Gary Pettigrew....26

ADVANCED GRANDMASTER: 1. Ron Godbey....9: 2. Jeff Armstrong....13: 3. James Rucker....17

INTERMEDIATE: 1. Ken Strangarity....11: 2. Chris Behymer...12: 3. Daryl Whittaker....43: 3. Travis Wood....43: 5. Jeremy Ison....46

RECREATIONAL: 1. Jason Ruthen....14: 2. Peter Bovat....27: 3. Alex Entrup....28: 4. Chris Engel....37: 5. Eric Brunner....38: 5. Tim Vandegraft....38

sisyphus
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:13:52 PM

I personally would like to congratulate Ron Godby on a great series (he's played well enough to have already clinched Adv Grandmaster)! And to thank all the guys I've played with this year: a fun bunch, even if we are the geriatric set!--Jeff A
Jowsepi
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 6:57:30 AM

Are there any fast food places close by AJ Holly? Just wondering if there is food close by between rounds or just bring a lunch
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 10:02:43 AM

hey joe there isn't anything within a few miles so I usually pack a lunch and if you want some advice, since your a lefty, you'd better bring a floater disc the course plays counter clockwise around the lake so the lake is always on your right side
Jowsepi
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 11:09:48 AM

Oh goody. I may have to bust out my mini grill again. Do they sell life jackets for discs? Lol
brutalbrutus
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 2:17:40 PM

tape some Styrofoam under the rim lol there are several shelters around the park to grill at
Fred Salaz
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 5:07:46 PM

Joe, there is a deli at the gas station south of the road(racetrack rd) into the park on 27. There is also a pizza place next to it called Sunset/Sunshine pizza I think. Same area.
Jowsepi
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 8:42:27 PM

Cool thanks
topherb
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 6:09:08 PM

Brady won distance comp!!!
T_Vincent
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 9:40:15 PM

Another Course Challenge is in the books. I want to congratulate all of the winners in the different divisions.

I have a few thank you's to pass along. First are the people that helped with running the different CC's. Whether you helped with sign-ups, counted scorecards, or helped me with vending, it is a big help that is much appreciated. I also want to thank everyone that attended any of the dates, it was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to next year.

The next year starts off with the New Years Tournament at Winton Woods. See you there.
Fred Salaz
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:28:36 PM

Chris beat me to the punch on results of the distance competition. Small turnout but pretty good results. Brady won with a toss of 468 feet. Good wind but none of us could really take advantage. A pic of Brady can be seen on the nati's facebook page. Congrats Brady, good show.
AdamJ
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 10:14:13 AM

Sorry I missed the last one, was home sick. Feeling much better and back to work.
Hope everyone had a great 2013 CCS season. We will be planning next years schedule in the next few weeks to have it ready sooner than later. As before we are working collectively with Dayton and other local events to create a great schedule with as few conflicts as possible. This was a super busy year with events almost every weekend and we expect 2014 to be more of the same. Thanks to all the players, TD`s and volunteers that made this year such a great success.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 8:31:39 AM

if we do Monroe next year put it in the middle or late in summer cause that place is just way to muddy to play a tourney at in the spring
bhughes-sehguhb
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 11:16:06 AM

How about Hueston next year? Should be 24 holes by then and the course is looking real nice.
bhughes-sehguhb
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 11:24:40 AM

My bad 27 holes.
mcmath19
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 3:01:34 PM

Adam,
are you planning to do another survey for courses wanted in the CCS next season? a few season ago there was one, also there was a survey for disc choices winnings for next seasons orders.
Zepledelin
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 9:41:04 PM

Hey brutalbrutus yeah it's the Guy you played the first round with at aj. I'm on an android I I can't seem to reply to a pm but yeah if nothing changes I'll play in with you guys. You can pm the location but I won't be able to respond unless I hijack a thread like now, sorry bout that. Pm your # it'll be quicker.
AdamJ
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:44:25 AM

Congratulations to our 2013 CCS Champions. Trophies will be awarded at the first CCS of 2014. Here is the list of divisional winners. Please let us know if we misspelled anyone`s name, this is how it will be on the awards. Thanks again to everyone that helped make this year a great season.

Professional Divisions
Open Men: 1st Cyrus Fuhrman. 2nd David Cox. 3rd Jeff Vandemark.
Open Masters : 1st Scotty Whitt. 2nd John Finnegan. 3rd Brian Trapp.
Open Grandmasters: 1st Bob Herbert. 2nd Jeff Eades. 3rd Steve Mahl.
Amateur Divisions
Advanced Men: 1st Ryan McMath. 2nd Justin Ammerman. 3rd Jason Mullins.
Advanced Masters: 1st Bob Roberts. 2nd Joe Rott. 3rd Gary Pettigrew
Advanced Grandmasters: 1st Ron Godbey. 2nd Jeff Armstrong. 3rd James Rucker.
Intermediate: 1st Ken Strangarity. 2nd Chris Behymer. 3rd Travis Wood.
Recreational Men: 1st Jason Ruthen. 2nd Peter Bovat. 3rd Alex Entrup.
Recreational Women: 1st Patty Francis.

We are working on the schedule for all our events and collaborating with Dayton, The Nati, Holly, Sean, and any other local TD or Club to ensure another great season of competitive play. If you are not in the loop and are wanting to run events next year, please get in touch with me or Scott Erke so we can work it out properly and avoid any unnecessary conflicts.

The CCS is usually figured out by the CCS Coordinator(position open) and officers. We do listen to our membership and what the majority would like to see. Our CCS 2014 venues are looking like this as of right now and most are subject to change. This is just our first draft.

March - Harbin - traditional first mainly due to how well this course handles the wet spring.
April - AJ Jolly
May - Monroe - Dayton`s turn this year.
June - Idlewild
July - Mt.Airy - C-tier for insurance.
August - Williamsburg
September - Osage Grove
October - Gulley - Hoping to work this one in.
November - Lincoln Ridge - traditional finale.

We are looking into conducting another survey for discs wanted for next year.
We will be raffling off a DisCatcher Sport basket starting at the Winton Woods New Years Day event and ending at the June CCS where we will draw for the winner. This is a GCFDA Member Only raffle. This way we can use it to help drive membership and give something back to our members. We are thinking of $2 per ticket or 6 for $10 with the funds going towards the FPO in 2014 which is being planned for August 23-24.
brutalbrutus
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:39:30 PM

gulley awesome I hope you can work it out to keep it in, one of my favorite courses though you guys would have to think about bringing flags to mark the pads since nearly every hole is just dirt(mud) or disintegrating carpet