Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members

Breast Cancer Fundraiser Options
alex.e
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 8:45:48 PM

I am looking to possibly organize a fundraiser tournament for Breast Cancer. I feel like it has affected almost everyone's life in some way or another. My best friend's, and fellow disc golfer, girlfriend was just given a devastating diagnosis of terminal breast cancer at the young age of 21. When she first became ill about a year ago I started thinking about a fundraiser tournament but it kinda slipped to the back of my mind as she got healtier. Now with this new diagnosis it has become more of a priority. I originally was thinking a tourney at Burg and naming it after her since that is where she graduated high school. However at this point I think something more central and well known (Mt. Airy, Idlewild) might be a better idea for bigger turnout. Ideally it would be awesome if it could become a PDGA sanctioned event that lured in pros from around the midwest. I have no experience with tournament creation or organization and would love if someone with that knowledge might be interested in at least maybe explaining the process to me. I still don't know if I would want proceeds to go to one individual who needs help with medical bills or to one of the research foundations. I feel like something like this would be a tournament that could eventually result in massive draws and also benefit a great cause. If anyone has any interest in helping set this tournament up just PM me.